Digital Art Zone

Question about Gen4 content in DS4.5…
Posted: 30 March 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  656
Joined  2008-05-05

I am back to playing with DS.  I have determined that I love every feature about Studio EXCEPT the render times.  Still trying to cope with that.  Hoping that Lux with GPU rendering will make me happy there, too.  ANYWAY…

I know how to find my Gen4 content in Studio.  It’s in My Library’s “poser type library.”  No problem there.  However, I would LOVE to be able to find my Gen4 PEOPLE without needing to go into a POSER library.  I’d like them just in “My Library.”  I don’t like that I have to keep jumping from one place to another.  But they’re ExP characters, so if I move them, DS squawks and won’t open them.  In Poser, I can get around having to “runtime jump” by opening a V4 from my main runtime, injecting her with all her morphs, and then saving her to the location of my choice as a CR2. I can export a CR2 from DS4.5, but DS doesn’t seem to find them outside of a Poser runtime. Is there any trick/workaround/voodoo that I can use to move them to a DAZ kind of directory?  Seems silly that I can’t, seeing as how they’re DAZ products.

And, while I’m here, I must give a happy retraction.  I stopped shopping here before Christmas.  Stopped.  Completely.  This is not a small deal for me OR Daz, as I’ve spent more here in my lifetime than I did on my last car.  I was sick of not knowing what I’d bought previously, having to wade through 65 pages of 50-items-per-page history, having to click a zillion boxes to keep the unwanted installers from dumping unwanted crap on my machine… and was pretty much sick of the entire “new webpage” debacle.  Having said that, I came back here last week and found every one of my complaints gone.  The content installer is brilliant.  The store not only knows what I bought and tells me so—it even knows what I bought when it was purchased as part of a bundle. I’m quite happy that I don’t hate shopping here anymore.  smile  So, with that said… help, anyone? 

Signature 

One in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. One is mine.

My deviantArt Gallery: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 30 March 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8678
Joined  2007-11-06

What I do is load V4 from the .cr2, inject all the morphs, and save as a .duf scene subset in my DS-format content folders—loads much faster and uses less memory, too.

I also use Categories so I can arrange things however I want, e.g. I have a V4 folder with both the ,duf scene subset and the .cr2 in it, and subfolders of that for clothing, etc.  I don’t have to go into the DS-formats and Poser-formats area at all.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 30 March 2013 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  656
Joined  2008-05-05
fixmypcmike - 30 March 2013 02:53 PM

What I do is load V4 from the .cr2, inject all the morphs, and save as a .duf scene subset in my DS-format content folders—loads much faster and uses less memory, too.

Why did I not think of this?!  Thank you.  Brilliant.

Signature 

One in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. One is mine.

My deviantArt Gallery: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club