Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Female Business Suit question
Posted: 28 March 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2854
Joined  2006-07-31

Can anybody please tell me if any skirt in Female Business Suit http://www.daz3d.com/female-business-suit/ has length morphs?

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 28 March 2013 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1263
Joined  2003-12-16
Kattey - 28 March 2013 06:13 AM

Can anybody please tell me if any skirt in Female Business Suit http://www.daz3d.com/female-business-suit/ has length morphs?

It’s not listed but there may be a way to adjust it shorted with a transparency map or longer and shorter with a dformer but the results might look a bit sketchy closeup.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 28 March 2013 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

Thank you smile
But I was wondering actually if anybody bought those suits and can check them for me.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 28 March 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12

I’d be interested to know this too. I love the style of this suit, and it would be perfect for me if there was a length morph.

Posted: 28 March 2013 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2005-03-04

I have the same question.  Thanks!  smile

Posted: 28 March 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  270
Joined  2012-06-11

The “neck flaps” on the suit weird me out. Is that an actual thing with women’s suits? It looks like it didn’t fit quite right so they just cut in two spots to allow it to lift up at the neck.

In any case, I don’t have it, but I don’t see any morphs of that nature included in the file list: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15735/file_list All the morphs seem to be for matching morphs and adjusting to poses.

Incidentally, looking up the documentation is useful. In the site menu, go to Help -> Documentation Center (Wiki). Then, click on Product Read Me’s in the side menu, then select the number range that includes the products SKU (found on the product’s store page un “Add To Cart”. Female Business Suit is 15735). Find and click on the product to see the read me page, then find the “file list” link to see all the files involved with the product. This will include morphs.

The usefulness of finding the file list varies depending on how well the files are named and such, but if checking for a specific type of morph (like a separate head morph), it’s usually pretty straightforward. If your browser’s Find option (ctrl+F in Firefox) has a “highlight all” option, you could open up the file list and highlight every instance of “head” or “FHM”, for example. In the case of the business suit, you could highlight every instance of “skirt”.

Posted: 28 March 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2276
Joined  2005-09-05
dan.shive - 28 March 2013 11:18 AM

The “neck flaps” on the suit weird me out. Is that an actual thing with women’s suits? It looks like it didn’t fit quite right so they just cut in two spots to allow it to lift up at the neck.

If you’re asking could it be made like that…probably. It does seem a bit unusual. I’d be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn’t want to add width at that point of their body.

I will possibly buy it eventually to give a certain look but haven’t bought it so far…sorry Kattey!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 28 March 2013 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2007-11-24

There are no length morphs but the jacket flares enough at the hips that version 1 layers nicely with pants and possibly an alternates skirt. Jacket number two leaves a gap between the button and the waistband of the pants, leggings, and skirt I tried to layer with it. It’s not big though and could probably be fixed in post.

Image Attachments
test_render_1.jpgtest_render_2.jpg

Posted: 28 March 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

Thank you all!
SGCBearcub, is the top a separate mesh or it inbuilt into jacket?

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2007-11-24

It’s a separate piece and there are two types of undershirt so you could mix and match

Image Attachments
Test_Render_3.jpg

Posted: 28 March 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15152
Joined  2003-10-09
Pendraia - 28 March 2013 01:24 PM

I’d be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn’t want to add width at that point of their body.

I did wonder about that.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 28 March 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Richard Haseltine - 28 March 2013 02:00 PM

I’d be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn’t want to add width at that point of their body.

I did wonder about that.

You may find outfits with that sort of kick in Haute Couture type items where they are designed for skinny models but most women I know wouldn’t want to add width to their hips they would be more likely to try to minimise the hip area by wearing black or dark colours.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 28 March 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10

If you’re asking could it be made like that…probably. It does seem a bit unusual. I’d be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn’t want to add width at that point of their body.

I will possibly buy it eventually to give a certain look but haven’t bought it so far…sorry Kattey!

What the collar looks like is as if someone took a normal suit jacket, flipped the lapels the wrong way, then ironed out the creases. As for the way it sticks out above the hips…no comment.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 28 March 2013 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Agent_Unawares - 28 March 2013 03:22 PM

What the collar looks like is as if someone took a normal suit jacket, flipped the lapels the wrong way, then ironed out the creases. As for the way it sticks out above the hips…no comment.

That is exactly what the pattern would be like for something like that. It would be similar to if you were doing a lapel style but if you wanted it to sit like that you would use different interfacing it would require a more solid type of interfacing to get it to sit properly without flopping around. Also with lapels they sometimes use an interfacing tape along the seam line. Would depend on the method of construction.

Sorry…most people probably aren’t interested in this stuff.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 28 March 2013 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10
Pendraia - 28 March 2013 03:57 PM
Agent_Unawares - 28 March 2013 03:22 PM

That is exactly what the pattern would be like for something like that. It would be similar to if you were doing a lapel style but if you wanted it to sit like that you would use different interfacing it would require a more solid type of interfacing to get it to sit properly without flopping around. Also with lapels they sometimes use an interfacing tape along the seam line. Would depend on the method of construction.

Sorry…most people probably aren’t interested in this stuff.

I am, actually. I don’t sew, but I’m trying to get a hang of MarvelousDesigner and that sort of information is useful.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 28 March 2013 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

Glad it was useful…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents