Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Setting the Segments?
Posted: 06 April 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2012-02-04

Oh, I just knew patience was going to work its way into this.
I guess I can practice that while I wait for things to sink in.  smile

Posted: 09 April 2013 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-02-01
Gedd - 05 April 2013 07:32 AM

Well that’s the point. The plateau effect people talk about I believe is just a temporary pause while our brain plays catch-up with processing and filing everything we’ve learned recently. This is the time we need to take a vacation and go scuba diving in the Caribbean for a month or so (I wish ;p )

Actually, in my experience the pause period can be short, or in some cases months or more… when it extends over a long period we tend to think we are just stuck but I believe it’s just we have a lot processing in the background.

That would explain it. I have very little time, about 3 hours in the evening, to tool around with 3D and any other stuff I might be doing. I thought it would be better just to keep to modeling first and then move to the next parts. UVs, materials, mapping etc.

Signature 

DaRkWyNdE/Tigrestripe
—————————————————————————————————————————————
There is no reality. Everything is just a render of your imaginiation.

Posted: 09 April 2013 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
DaRkWyNdE - 09 April 2013 04:15 AM

I have very little time, about 3 hours in the evening, to tool around with 3D and any other stuff I might be doing.

Yes it is tough when time is so limited. This I think is one of the secrets behind ‘professional’ vs ‘hobbyist.’ People who decide to be a ‘professional’ at something make a life commitment in hours etc that give them an advantage over someone with less hours to put towards it. This comes at a cost ofc for the person who decides to be a professional in something as challenging as the arts in making a living. The other thing is, there are no guarantees in life. Many hobbyists end up doing some very professional level work where some professionals never really break out even after all the work and commitment they put into it. Either way, it’s good to encourage any and everyone to express themselves creatively, for themselves and all of us as a whole imo. It’s good for the soul, and no one ever knows what may come from the nooks and crannies.

(Definition ‘Break Out’: to reach a point the tools become second nature and allow the full capacity of the brain to explore creative aspects. Possibly an elusive goal where whatever gets created ends up being during the process of trying to reach it.)

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

2 of 2