44 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4
Posted: 21 May 2013 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 646 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

@Horo:  Thank you.

@mermaid:  Ah, I don’t know about the master part, but thank you for the kind words.  I really feel more like the grasshopper, yet. wink

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 22 May 2013 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 647 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  879
Joined  2008-11-26

Experimenting with Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - Blue glass Stanford Dragon  I used one of Horo’s Hdri from the free content. Although it’s not the glowing glass as per the tut,  it was fun doing this tutorial.

Premium render 256 RPP, Tir2 and the other setting as per the tutorial except I did not like the effect I got with the DOF so I left that out. The 1st render took 28 mins and the 2nd 45mins

Thanks David for the workout.

Image Attachments
glassex-dav.jpgglass5.jpg

Posted: 22 May 2013 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 648 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3827
Joined  2004-10-01

This looks very nice.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 May 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 649 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2010-02-02

Not meaning to be derogatory or anything, but is it just me or does anyone else think that the renders by Horo and Mermaid010 of glass objects look more like a jelly than a glass.
They just look too soft to be glass.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 22 May 2013 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 650 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2690
Joined  2004-07-06
StuartB4 - 22 May 2013 11:48 AM

Not meaning to be derogatory or anything, but is it just me or does anyone else think that the renders by Horo and Mermaid010 of glass objects look more like a jelly than a glass.

Now that you mention it, there is something of that in the material.  There’s a lot of options though, as Horo demonstrated with his test piece, although I’ve been too snowed under to really examine that.  But I suspect that the more ambient light is fed into the mix, the “softer” the effect is going to get.  Which in the end could result in something like marshmallow perhaps?

Edit.  I’m currently deep into Bryce lattice/terrain export.

1 - I’ve figured out how to export the procedural material maps and get them the same as on the original.
2 - I’ve found the conversion scale to skip out the need to pass the lattices and terrains through DS.
3 - I’ve found out and solved what has happened to bump mapping and almost got a normal map too - almost.

But stayed up so late figuring this out that I burst a blood vessel in my eye and almost got to my first job late.

That I’m using Octane to test the results is neither here nor there, as I pointed out on dA, half the challenge is getting stuff out of Bryce.  You could just as easily import it into Lux or some other software or back into Bryce (but as a mesh) or into DS - because we can do a far better job that the DS bridge this way.

Interesting challenge.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 22 May 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 651 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

You’re probably not totally wrong. That’s why I made those glass tests afterwards. Though I wouldn’t call the amadillo result outright as jelly, but it must be a very dense sort of glass, though. I suspect the Blurry Transmission was set a bit on the high side rather than ambience. The higher the Blurry Transmissions, the less transparent the glass gets.

EDIT: Sounds interesting what you’ve found out (not the blood vessel).

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 May 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 652 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  879
Joined  2008-11-26

Thanks for your feedback Stuart. I knew I did not get the glass effect, now I know its jelly wink

Posted: 22 May 2013 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 653 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17066
Joined  2003-10-09

I didn’t like to say that, but now you have said it I will agree with you.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 22 May 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 654 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2010-02-02

I often have trouble myself trying to get glass as I would like it.
There are so many things to get right though without affection the rest of a scene.
Sorry to be a bit picky.

@chohole. thanks for the backup lol, just wish you’d said first it and not me.
If it had been a race I would have come last.
smile

@DavidBrinnen.
Bursting a blood vessle, that’s dedication for ya.
We do all appreciate the work you do.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 22 May 2013 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 655 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

@mermaid:  Like you images, glass or jelly, they’re nice.  Better than I’ve ever produced. wink  I’ve a few 3D Wings cubes I’ve been meaning to use with that tutorial, but I must have AADD because I’m easily distracted. LOL

Saw a screen saver I thought that’d look nice made with Bryce, so gave it a try.  My skill level with the terrain editor is still in the zero to none level so the resulting image didn’t look like the screen saver.  Still, I was happy with this particular try, especially when using a preset sky resulted in the first, unindented, image.  The second image is the actual day time I was trying to accomplish.  Both images are entitled “keep Trying.”  Please feel free to comment on both or either one.  Help is always welcomed.

Image Attachments
Keep_Trying_5_Sig.pngKeep_Trying_10_Sig.png
 Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 22 May 2013 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 656 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3055
Joined  2004-10-25

I like them both.  If it weren’t for the tree in the middle, I would’ve thought that first one was an underwater render because of the blue tone of everything.

The second, of course, looks like a very dry, arid location.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 23 May 2013 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 657 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@GussNemo - both are nice, the first is a night shot, I take it. I prefer the second because the rock looks better and the wall in the background is more convincing than the needle in the night shot. I’m not happy with the tree. It is small and should make the rock wall appear huge. But the camera is at eye level and thus makes the tree a sprout. But then, perhaps that was exactly your intention and I interpret your work the wrong way around.

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2013 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 658 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2010-02-18

Mermaid...liking the glass-thingy with the additional grass-thingy in it - it’s glass-grass thingy (say that fast) wink

Guss…I thought your bluey image was an underwater scene on first view - throw in a few bubbles, some water fronds and a few fish, and you’d have a whole new watery scene.

Jay

Posted: 23 May 2013 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 659 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2004-12-19

Bryce + sculptris + wings3d = Sj Ship In Alien home world

Image Attachments
sjalien.jpg

Posted: 23 May 2013 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 660 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Great render, creepy.

Signature 

44 of 100