43 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4
Posted: 19 May 2013 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 631 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2902
Joined  2004-10-25
GussNemo - 18 May 2013 12:45 AM

Finally found myself a space ship that was in my price range, free, and added it to one of my star burst scenes.  I also added an engine flair, which took watching one of David’s videos again, tweaked the contrast in GIMP and the results are below.  As always, please feel free to provide comments.

Nice space ship.  Reminds me a little of some of the space ships on Babylon 5.  It fits perfectly with that star burst background.

Nice job on the latest abstracts as well.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 19 May 2013 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 632 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
TLBKlaus - 18 May 2013 09:27 AM

...here are a couple more variations on the ongoing theme.

..and it looks like I’m going to be getting some of my designs on shirts very soon. :D

I like these variations.  The first looks as though you’re looking straight down at it, but the second makes it appear as if you’re looking down at it at a 45º angle.  Nice.

Oh, and congrats on the shirts.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 19 May 2013 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 633 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2004-10-01

I had finally time to not only watch David’s video Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - Blue glass Stanford Dragon back on page 33 - but also experimenting. I used the Amadilo from the Stanford Scan Repository. Rendered with 64 rpp in 2 hours. This is the lowest limit and I’m currently render it with 256 rpp on a slower but noiseless machine. It should finish in less than 16 hours.

Image Attachments
arma06.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 19 May 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 634 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2564
Joined  2004-07-06
Horo - 19 May 2013 01:17 PM

I had finally time to not only watch David’s video Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - Blue glass Stanford Dragon back on page 33 - but also experimenting. I used the Amadilo from the Stanford Scan Repository. Rendered with 64 rpp in 2 hours. This is the lowest limit and I’m currently render it with 256 rpp on a slower but noiseless machine. It should finish in less than 16 hours.

That looks very good Horo.  I’m pleased you tried the tutorial out.  It seems to work this approach, even though the effect is subtle, it really makes a difference to the quality of the glass.

Wendy’s render, back a page, came out well too!  Your advice over the frequency of the water material would be what I’d say.  Incidentally Bryce bump mapping is about 10x better than Octanes.  Of course Octane has normal mapping.  But not parallax mapping as far as I can tell.  Testing continues.  I hope to get on with my island project soon - work depending.  I’ve found some very interesting things (well interesting to me at least).

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 20 May 2013 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 635 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2011-09-25

@Miss B:  Thank you.  Ha, I’d forgotten about Babylon 5, good show.  Yeah I guess it does look like one of the ships on that show.

@Horo:  Nice job.  What is the red on the inside of the right arm?  Reflection from HDR file?

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 20 May 2013 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 636 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2009-05-04

A lot of great new pictures here. GUSSNEMO nice space scene and congratulations for your grandfatherhood (I hope, it’s not totally wrong to say so). TBLKLAUS lovely abstracts, very detailled. I remember of a few really nice scenes of BIGH. HORO your glass attempt came out very well. GDRESCH: I love this sky picture wih the kite. It has this certain depth. And I am still astonished about RASHAD’s archipelago pictures and THESAVAGE64’s product pictures. And I try to watch all the inspiring videos of DAVID. Like WILMAP with her lovely scene I tried to put something of David’s Tutorial about “Geocrafting” into a scene of myself.

Image Attachments
insel_geocrafing.jpg

Posted: 20 May 2013 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 637 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@electro-elvis - looks very nice - good student wink

@David - thank you. I’m currently looking into this from another angle. If it turns out I have something to say, I’ll post it.

@GussNemo - thank you. It’s my signature as glass in the glass.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 20 May 2013 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 638 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4717
Joined  2004-07-01
electro-elvis - 20 May 2013 12:57 AM

A lot of great new pictures here. GUSSNEMO nice space scene and congratulations for your grandfatherhood (I hope, it’s not totally wrong to say so). TBLKLAUS lovely abstracts, very detailled. I remember of a few really nice scenes of BIGH. HORO your glass attempt came out very well. GDRESCH: I love this sky picture wih the kite. It has this certain depth. And I am still astonished about RASHAD’s archipelago pictures and THESAVAGE64’s product pictures. And I try to watch all the inspiring videos of DAVID. Like WILMAP with her lovely scene I tried to put something of David’s Tutorial about “Geocrafting” into a scene of myself.

thank you
like this one - good work

Posted: 20 May 2013 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 639 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@electro:  Thank you.  Nice image.

@Horo:  Very clever touch.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 20 May 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 640 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

I’ve been experimenting a bit with glass, specular halo and maximum ray depth settings. The glass was booleaned with two cylinders, a third cylinder is water, fully transparent and refraction 133 (index 1.33). The glass is also fully transparent, refraction 153 (index 1.53). It has 10% ambience ambient white, sky ambient white. Lit by 3 white radials, reflections by the specular convolved HDRI CableStock. Total internal reflections (TIR) was set to 2.

The upper half uses maximum ray depth 4, the lower half 5 This increase of 1 increased render time by 43.4%.

Top and bottom left, specular halo 0 (black), top and bottom right 255 (white). The middle rows left 96, centre 144 and right 192.

Image Attachments
sh+mrd-s.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2013 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 641 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1728
Joined  2010-10-10

Another landscape I’ve been fiddling with.

Image Attachments
Landscape_9a.jpg
 Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 20 May 2013 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 642 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

That looks very good.  I like the depth/distance you achieved.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2013 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 643 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Wendy:  Really nice image.  I agree with Miss B on overall depth perception.

@Horo:  Your glass experiment is rather interesting, since I have a terrible time achieving real good glass or liquid in a glass.

Going through my abstracts, looking for stray .PNG files, I came across the multi-object image; tori around an elongated sphere.  I don’t remember if I posted it, so I’ll show it now.  The next few are from another abstract tutorial that, once again, didn’t turn out as per instructions.  However…with a nip here, a tuck there, I finally achieved some nice images.

Image Attachments
Sphere_and_4_Toruii_757_x_758_3_Sig.pngRocks_3_Sig.pngRocks_4_Sig.pngRocks_6_Sig.png
 Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2013 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 644 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@wilmap - I agree with the others, this landscape has a lot of depth to it. Well done.

@GussNemo - ah abstracts. There’s no end to what can be accomplished. Nice examples.

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 645 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-11-26

GussNemo – you are the master for abstracts, I love all the results you got especially the last two.

Wilmap and electo-elvis – lovely landscapes. Love the depth and sky colors in the second one of Wilmap

All the work is top notch as usual.

Horo – thanks for the video on FOV and the file, very interesting. Nice results with the glass experiments. 

43 of 100