Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4
Posted: 14 May 2013 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 571 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17027
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 14 May 2013 10:22 AM
TapiocaTundra - 14 May 2013 10:14 AM

@TheSavage64 I see you are adhering to a similar theme, looking good, stick with it smile

Oh dear…  another one who like their puns.  Very good!  I did groan - the appropriate response to a good pun.

Dave, looks very good!  A bit too perfect to be realistic in my view, you’d have to degrade the image somewhat I think to make it “better”.  Which sounds a bit contradictory I know, but I’m sure you’ll know what I mean.

I agree with that comment. I showed someone the render and the first comment was “Not realistic enough, no cardboard box ever looked that neat and pristine, and none has all the containers lined up so neatly with all the labels in the same direction, it’s too perfect to be realistic”

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 572 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06
chohole - 14 May 2013 10:31 AM
David Brinnen - 14 May 2013 10:22 AM
TapiocaTundra - 14 May 2013 10:14 AM

@TheSavage64 I see you are adhering to a similar theme, looking good, stick with it smile

Oh dear…  another one who like their puns.  Very good!  I did groan - the appropriate response to a good pun.

Dave, looks very good!  A bit too perfect to be realistic in my view, you’d have to degrade the image somewhat I think to make it “better”.  Which sounds a bit contradictory I know, but I’m sure you’ll know what I mean.

I agree with that comment. I showed someone the render and the first comment was “Not realistic enough, no cardboard box ever looked that neat and pristine, and none has all the containers lined up so neatly with all the labels in the same direction, it’s too perfect to be realistic”

That being said, as a commissioned image, the client has to be satisfied.  I’m certain Dave could if he wanted make it appear more realistic - with dog eared cardboard and uneven packaging, but then if he did that, then the client may as well have hired a photographer.  So as things stand, there’s no criticism here, only observation.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 573 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2011-05-02

Yes, clients want perfect not poxy smile

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 574 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

LOL   ☺☺☺☺☺☺

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 575 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3822
Joined  2004-10-01

It could still be battered a bit with that stick raspberry

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 576 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2007-12-10

Thanks for the comments guys (and gals), even the puns. smile

Yes, in these illustrations the client wants to see perfection over realism.
As with the render of the ClearFix Cartidges, this product doesn’t exist yet (Well I think the product exists but it’s packaging as just been updated) so a photo was out of the question and if a photo was possible, any dog eared edges etc. would have been meticulously airbrushed out to make it as perfect as possible.

Though thinking about it now, If I’d added some defects in Bryce and then had to airbrush them back out in Photoshop, it would have taken longer and the client pays me by the hour so I’d have earned a few extra quid. LOL

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 14 May 2013 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 577 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2004-07-01
TheSavage64 - 14 May 2013 01:54 PM

As with the render of the ClearFix Cartidges, this product doesn’t exist yet (Well I think the product exists but it’s packaging as just been updated) so a photo was out of the question and if a photo was possible, any dog eared edges etc. would have been meticulously airbrushed out to make it as perfect as possible.

Though thinking about it now, If I’d added some defects in Bryce and then had to airbrush them back out in Photoshop, it would have taken longer and the client pays me by the hour so I’d have earned a few extra quid. LOL

what’s a quid

Posted: 14 May 2013 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 578 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
bigh - 14 May 2013 02:44 PM

what’s a quid

It’s twice 10 bob. If you have 25 they become a Pony.

Signature 

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 579 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2004-07-01
chohole - 14 May 2013 02:48 PM
bigh - 14 May 2013 02:44 PM

what’s a quid

It’s twice 10 bob. If you have 25 they become a Pony.

never heard of a pony - is it more then a pound

Posted: 14 May 2013 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 580 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
bigh - 14 May 2013 03:03 PM

never heard of a pony - is it more then a pound

If a pony is less than a pound it’s probably ready for the knackers yard.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 15 May 2013 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 581 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1780
Joined  2011-09-25

10 bob = 10 guys named Robert.

Finally took the time to try David’s star burst, but couldn’t add the space ship since it isn’t something I own; or taken the time to find a nice free one.  Anyway, watched the video several times since things at my end weren’t coming out as shown in the video, but perseverance paid off.  Below are a couple of my attempts.

Image Attachments
Gas_n_Star_850_x_850_7_1.pngGas_n_Star_850_x_850_8_1.png
 Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 15 May 2013 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 582 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3822
Joined  2004-10-01

Good work. I like the first a tiny bit more.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 15 May 2013 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 583 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Well done Jamie.

OK, so because I can’t get things right first time around Bryce Landscaping - The importance of lighting 2b - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Island_cluster_different_ways_to_light1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 15 May 2013 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 584 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

Using David’s recent video tutorial for landscaping as a basis, (I’m not sure about how I feel when the video is basically for beginners and I still learn stuff grin) I played with various bits and then as usual it went in a different direction.

This is the result:

Image Attachments
CloudsOverSea.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 15 May 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 585 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
TheSavage64 - 15 May 2013 08:26 AM

Using David’s recent video tutorial for landscaping as a basis, (I’m not sure about how I feel when the video is basically for beginners and I still learn stuff grin) I played with various bits and then as usual it went in a different direction.

This is the result:

Looks great.  Don’t feel too bad.  I consider myself to be a veteran user (for which read power users in the parlance of webmasters) and I learn new stuff almost every time I record a tutorial.  And besides, choosing an appropriate level of difficulty to assign to a video is very tricky.  And I get some grumpy messages from people if they feel I’ve got it wrong.  But not quite so many grumpy messages as if I provide no guide what so ever.

Nice work with the material.  Just rendering the Bryce Landscapes - materials video… urgh… a tricky topic indeed.  Worse than the geocrafting.  And that was bad enough to do.  So many variables, so much scope offered by the nested labs.  Not enough sleep.  Not enough time.  Anyhow, I am cheered that you found the tutorial useful - so at least I wasn’t wasting the time it took!

Signature 

39 of 100