Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4
Posted: 27 March 2013 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16764
Joined  2003-10-09

OOh yummy, choccy bunny.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 March 2013 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2678
Joined  2004-07-06

Pam, I think in my case a cluttered desk is just an expression of my chaotic nature.

TLBKlaus, worked really well, how bad was the render time?

TheSavage64, the flame is good, but shouldn’t it be more like a smoking sparkler?  And that DOF gives it a vintage special effect look!  Where are the strings?

Edit - and in Bryce…

Image Attachments
Chocolate_bunny1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 27 March 2013 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 27 March 2013 08:45 AM

Pam, I think in my case a cluttered desk is just an expression of my chaotic nature.

No I don’t believe that.  I have even thought about getting a smaller desk to save collecting so much clutter, but then where would I put all the things that end up on my desk.  This is after it had been tidied up a bit. (and before the new PC arrived)

And it’s still a nice choccy bunny.

Image Attachments
neat_and_tidy,_of_course.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge

Posted: 27 March 2013 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01

Z Spore looking for work

Image Attachments
Z_Spore_looking_for_work.jpg

Posted: 27 March 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1750
Joined  2007-12-10

TheSavage64, the flame is good, but shouldn’t it be more like a smoking sparkler?  And that DOF gives it a vintage special effect look!  Where are the strings?

With modern technology we can airbrush the strings out. grin

More relevant:
After using Wings for only 3 days, I managed to use the UV mapper David.
I’ve started with a simple(ish) shape to map on to, but the results are encouraging and I really had no problems with any of it so if I can get it to work in a such a short time, I’m sure you’ll have no problems.

Image Attachments
CubeUVTest.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 27 March 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-10-27

@David It was a few hours, I’m not exactly certain as I tend to leave the long ones running overnight…It took a couple of hours to get to the antialiasing stage, I left it going during that. My machine is an old Core Duo w/a couple of gigs of RAM, so I do a lot whilst at work or asleep… I’ve had to render some big object-intensive scenes in parts, adding some figures and rendering only part of the pic to paste into a wider one that’s simpler.  Those floating city pics are about all my machine can hadle lol… I have another, even older machine as well so I can still watch media and do things online with the other one tied up.  :D

Signature 

“Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what’s right.”
—Isaac Asimov

You can see more of my stuff at http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com

Posted: 27 March 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2010-02-18

smaller desk

Yeah,, the ‘smaller desk’ issue. Had a small desk (top-area equaled 3 feet x 4 feet) for ages, and it suited just fine. But then, given a free ‘big desk’ (4 feet x 5 feet) from an old school friend, the freedom it allowed in, say, terms of space was truly amazing (more space for clutter : ).

Definitely recommend more desk space - I mean, if you’re going to spend time at the computer, then it’s very usefull for spapce for all the additional notes, papers, cups-of-coffee…etc., that one experience’s locally and online. Too many times have seen my nephews and nieces sitting [too close] to the screen - defintely bad for their eyesite, and other related, optical issues.

Jay

Posted: 27 March 2013 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well I did some more on the Skull Cove image, addded a bryce terrain the the island redid the lightning and then I postworked it a little.

Now I need to see if I can manage to get a ship coming into the Cove, without crashing Bryce.

Image Attachments
Skull_Cove_comp_postwork.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 27 March 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2678
Joined  2004-07-06
TheSavage64 - 27 March 2013 10:12 AM

With modern technology we can airbrush the strings out. grin

More relevant:
After using Wings for only 3 days, I managed to use the UV mapper David.
I’ve started with a simple(ish) shape to map on to, but the results are encouraging and I really had no problems with any of it so if I can get it to work in a such a short time, I’m sure you’ll have no problems.

Yeah… if I can concentrate on one thing for five minutes, I easily distract myself…  Oh… look at that!

Oh following this approach, Bryce 10 minute scene - Lighting Skin Experiment 1 - by David Brinnen

Using the free model from here http://www.3dscanstore.com/

Image Attachments
Lighting_skin2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 27 March 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3771
Joined  2004-10-01
MrSilus - 27 March 2013 03:27 AM

@Horo Thanks. It’s work in progress and I’ll get back to it when I have time! But what did you mean by “gals” ?

Sorry, my original message has some typos.

Horo - 26 March 2013 07:28 AM

@MrSilus - nice setup. You already know about the noise. The gals and the liquid in it diesn’t convince me. But as you say, it’s a WIP.

This should read gels (instead of gals) and doesn’t (instead of diesen’t).

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 27 March 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3771
Joined  2004-10-01

@Dave - yup, flame looks quite good.

@David - easter bunny looks quite chocolate-esque - in Octane and Bryce. Dace also looks good.

@Pam - lightning looks much better here.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 27 March 2013 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1750
Joined  2007-12-10
David Brinnen - 27 March 2013 01:24 PM

Yeah… if I can concentrate on one thing for five minutes, I easily distract myself…  Oh… look at that!

Yes, I know all about that… I still have a temple to finish. grin

I went back to the Wings cube and decided to try a bump map to add.
It hasn’t turned out as planned though. I think it has something to with the mapping mode as you can see, the bump is correct along the top but inverts down the side. Also, should the bump map be 16 bit? Will making it 16 bit increase the amount of bump without having to take it beyond 100 (you can see in the right hand block where the bump is set to 999 that something rough looking is happening).

I can also report (though I’m not going to fully render it because it really didn’t look good enough to post) that displacement also works with this bump map on this cube.

Image Attachments
CubeBumpTest.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 27 March 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 27 March 2013 08:23 AM

Seasonal - if not topical.

Not nearly enough snow for an Easter scene. And what is that strange lighting effect with bright areas and darker areas?

I leapt back up out of my chair at work today because I spotted a dark patch just as I sat down. I thought it was some liquid or something but it was actually just a shadow. The sun had momentarily broken through the clouds. Quite the novelty as there had been a snow flurry half an hour before. The DHL driver informed me that he’s allowed to wear shorts next week, since it’s “British Summer Time”. I might have to insist.

An untidy desk may be a sign of genius, but I can assure all that it isn’t an exclusive indicator. Four days off to do some spring cleaning. I sense some Brycing coming on…

Signature 

The forumite previously known as PJF

Posted: 27 March 2013 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1727
Joined  2011-09-25

@TLBKlaus:  I like the composition of that image, a real I Robot look.

@Pam:  You still have plenty of room on that desk.  Look at all those little places.grin  Could you place the tower on the right on the floor to give you more room?  And why is it there never seems to be enough room on a desk?  I agree with Horo, lightning looks lots better.  A lot more like what’d be seen during these type storms.  Good luck getting the ship to dock.

@Dave:  That rocket image is really good.  The DOF for the distance mountains and city is really nice, as is the flame and the impression of the ground below the rocket is passing by.  Really nice looking cubes you got from Wings.

@David:  I called your doodle crud because if reminded me of the movie The Blob.  It also reminded me of the times I get cheese out of the refrigerator only to see its gone over to the green side.  Thanks for the info on how you made it.  Chocolate bunny looks real good, except it still has both ears.  And perhaps it’s my eyes, but the bunny(s) looks slightly out of focus.  Still, both look real nice.

@bigH:  I think I’ve had a few dreams like your 3 2713 B image.  Love Z Spore looking for work.  Just wondering how it will get its tools out of such narrow drawers.  That’s a real cute image.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 28 March 2013 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01
GussNemo - 27 March 2013 11:57 PM

@TLBKlaus:  I like the composition of that image, a real I Robot look.

@Pam:  You still have plenty of room on that desk.  Look at all those little places.grin  Could you place the tower on the right on the floor to give you more room?  And why is it there never seems to be enough room on a desk?  I agree with Horo, lightning looks lots better.  A lot more like what’d be seen during these type storms.  Good luck getting the ship to dock.

@Dave:  That rocket image is really good.  The DOF for the distance mountains and city is really nice, as is the flame and the impression of the ground below the rocket is passing by.  Really nice looking cubes you got from Wings.

@David:  I called your doodle crud because if reminded me of the movie The Blob.  It also reminded me of the times I get cheese out of the refrigerator only to see its gone over to the green side.  Thanks for the info on how you made it.  Chocolate bunny looks real good, except it still has both ears.  And perhaps it’s my eyes, but the bunny(s) looks slightly out of focus.  Still, both look real nice.

@bigH:  I think I’ve had a few dreams like your 3 2713 B image.  Love Z Spore looking for work.  Just wondering how it will get its tools out of such narrow drawers.  That’s a real cute image.

LOL
Thank you

4 of 100