Digital Art Zone

5 of 6
Sheer Greatness! Official Thread (Commercial)
Posted: 11 April 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2128
Joined  2005-04-15
Zev0 - 09 April 2013 03:03 PM

FW set is awesome:) Don’t forget this will also be out this month in a few days.

Gah… You’re killing me.  Or my wallet, anyway.

Hey, is that the “Last Day” texture from LOGAN’S RUN?  Can it be stretched all the way up the torso…?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 11 April 2013 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3460
Joined  2009-08-05

Never heard of logans run:). And no that is the max height for this set..sorry:(

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
Zev0 - 11 April 2013 03:26 PM

Never heard of logans run:). And no that is the max height for this set..sorry:(

Logan’s Run

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 11 April 2013 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

hmmm..looks like my kinda movie…will see where it is available if possible..

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 14 April 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-11-06

Wait!  So these shaders can be applied to anything?  Not just the stockings? So this could totally help creating some interesting underwear/bras/lingerie type items?

If that is the case I am sold.  I have been trying to find nice sexy lingerie type clothes for a series of images I am working on.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 14 April 2013 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Yes, the shaders can be applied to other clothing. In the promo’s it says so as well:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 April 2013 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6162
Joined  2006-02-20

Well - in Geminii23’s defense I have to say I came to the same conclusion initially - luckily I found out the truth!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 19 April 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2011-09-20

Hi, I am a novice at this.

I cant get anything out of the shaders. I don’t understand them, do they show up in the openGL window?

Thanks

Posted: 19 April 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8134
Joined  2009-05-14

OpenGL will not render any shaders properly so that will be a no.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 19 April 2013 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  335
Joined  2007-05-08
Patroklos - 19 April 2013 10:04 AM

Hi, I am a novice at this.

I cant get anything out of the shaders. I don’t understand them, do they show up in the openGL window?

Thanks

Here’s a quick tutorial on using shaders: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7170/

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 04 May 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-15

Just realized that I’ve been having a blast with these for a month and never posted any renders. Then I had to find one that was “DAZ safe” ‘cause, ya know, you haven’t made a top-generator to go with this yet. wink 

Image Attachments
stocking_test_1_SM.jpg
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 04 May 2013 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-10-09

Hello,

I really like the SG pantyhose. Very fun to work with. Fit much better than others I’ve tried. One little problem, I get some panty hose poking through the Turtleneck sweater dress. See the image. I could turn off visibility for the hip and pelvis, but would prefer a different method as that leaves the crotch uncovered. Do you have any thoughts? I have tried a number of the morphs without success.

DS 4.5. Genesis. Turtlenck dress.

Thanks,
Jim

Image Attachments
pantyhose_poke_through.jpg
 Signature 

Any day I draw breath is a good one.

Posted: 04 May 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1248
Joined  2004-06-13

Create a Geometry Shell for Genesis, add Smooth Modifier to dress and set collision to geometry shell, adjust offset of geometry shell if necessary.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 04 May 2013 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-15
jestmart - 04 May 2013 08:16 PM

Create a Geometry Shell for Genesis, add Smooth Modifier to dress and set collision to geometry shell, adjust offset of geometry shell if necessary.

And, in a pinch, if you have the Supersuit, you can use it to accomplish much the same thing:  http://youtu.be/zO9AQlzdrfg

Signature 

Posted: 05 May 2013 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you jestmart and cybersox13. The supersuit video is super helpful. I get the idea of playing off an offset, and collisions with an invisible article of clothing. Might be compute intensive, but it works nicely.

I solved the problem by simply setting collision item to SG pantyhose and iterations to 2. I recognize that this could be a problem if the dress did not fit genesis. Fortunately the turtledress plays nicely with genesis. 

PS. Jestmart I love your tag line. I live by the notion of pressing buttons.

Signature 

Any day I draw breath is a good one.

5 of 6