Digital Art Zone

3 of 6
Sheer Greatness! Official Thread (Commercial)
Posted: 25 March 2013 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1842
Joined  2005-04-15

Geez, another instant purchase product.  You’re on a ridiculous roll, Zev… not that I mind at all. 

As far as additional textures go… a selection of torn fabric is definitely a must, but why let yourself be blinded by the concept of sticking to FABRIC?  Consider:

Dripping water, Soap bubbles and shaving foam, for those stepping out of the bath, washing and shaving scenes.

Clumped Mud and dirt - Action girls DO get dirty you know, and using the Urban Grunge Grimenator over and over again really gives away the fact that it there are only a few repeating textures.

Scratched/cut/bruised legs - see above.

Scales/excessive body hair - for those just starting to transform into a mermaid/werewolf/tax collector scenes

rope/leather straps/etc - for that bondage chic look.

transparent/fading - for Ghostly apparitions, Genies coming out of bottles, etc.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 25 March 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

Thx Cybersox:) Dunno much about a role, I just try and make useful stuff:) Draagonstorm played a huge part in this product so thanks should go to her especially:) Some very interesting suggestions you made..saved in my little notebook:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2007-05-08

I’m sorry I haven’t been around today for any questions. I live in a small town, and my husband needed emergency care that the clinic here couldn’t help with…

I had to pick him up from the hospital today which is over 100 miles away…

Give me a bit to read thru the tread…..

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-11-17
Zev0 - 25 March 2013 06:20 PM

Not a shader, but this will be in my addon pack. If you want a rip shader there is this http://www.daz3d.com/rag-erator-for-daz-studio

Looks good.
Thanks for the link.
I thought I just bought all Marieah’s stuff, missed that one.
Just wanted something to add quick rips on clothes without needing to jump in Photoshop first.

Signature 

FusionLA

Posted: 25 March 2013 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
fusionla - 25 March 2013 06:14 PM
sikeus - 25 March 2013 06:02 PM
Zev0 - 25 March 2013 09:59 AM

Hmm..Anything shader based you will have to ask Draagonstorm. I am focusing more on texture based sets to add more flexability. What type of shader styles do you have in mind? We will only consider shader styles that haven’t been done before, so we will have to look at the markets to see what is already there, and what we can possibly add to it. Theres no point in releasing shaders that already exist somewhere:) Our plan from the beginning was to see what all we can do with this product, so we will seriously considor viable suggestions:) I for one plan to support it for a long time since I like pantyhose and leggings:) Also if its shader based, it doesnt have to be only for this product, can be a universal type thing like fabricator:) but that I will leave up to her since she handles the shader side of things.

I don’t know if I can give you any viable suggestions, but I can tell you what I would like. I tend towards rustic looking fabrics. I have Fabricator and all its addons and love it, but one possible hole you could fill is grunged up fabrics. Since you have several layers, maybe there could be a base, than an overlay of grunge. That would be really nice. There are some grunge shader products out there, but it isn’t easy to have the grunge show up in the bump and normal map areas. And maybe that just isn’t possible. I don’t know.

If would be fun to combine the lace designs with metal, glass, stone, fire, all sorts of things like that.

And I would pretty much pick up any variety in the fabrics. It would be hard to have too much camo, embroidery design, etc. It’s having a huge variety that’s nice so I can browse through and pick the perfect fabric for my story and character that I’m illustrating.

For grunge and rips and stuff like that checkout http://www.daz3d.com/hybrid-grunge-bundle-for-daz-studio in my store. Marieah and I collaborated on that product. It’s not a shader, but an overlay… The DAZ version uses LIE, where the Poser version uses the poser material room.

I like the grunge idea, plus would like to see some ripped clothes shaders

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12
DraagonStorm - 25 March 2013 08:31 PM

For grunge and rips and stuff like that checkout http://www.daz3d.com/hybrid-grunge-bundle-for-daz-studio in my store. Marieah and I collaborated on that product. It’s not a shader, but an overlay… The DAZ version uses LIE, where the Poser version uses the poser material room.

That was one of the first products I bought, and it is great. It has all sorts of uses. I haven’t figured out how to make the LIE presets into bump and displacement settings. Is there a way to do that? (I’m fairly new to the 3D scene. smile)

Posted: 25 March 2013 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
sikeus - 25 March 2013 09:21 PM

That was one of the first products I bought, and it is great. It has all sorts of uses. I haven’t figured out how to make the LIE presets into bump and displacement settings. Is there a way to do that? (I’m fairly new to the 3D scene. smile)

Not sure what your asking here… In the Hybrid Grunge product all bump/displacement is applied along with the diffuse by the preset/script

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12
DraagonStorm - 25 March 2013 09:28 PM
sikeus - 25 March 2013 09:21 PM

Not sure what your asking here… In the Hybrid Grunge product all bump/displacement is applied along with the diffuse by the preset/script

Huh. I must not have realized they had those maps. I’ll have to experiment to see if I can change the bump/displacement maps to see what happens. Something more to have fun with…

Edit: I’m didn’t meant to imply that your setting aren’t good. I just have a mental image I want to chase down, with a bruise rising up out of a face very unrealistically…. smile

Posted: 26 March 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2012-07-06

Instant purchase for me as well and can’t wait to see more texture packs.

Posted: 26 March 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2046
Joined  2005-09-14

funny, I was going to ask if we are allowed to post renders of women in their underwear. lol It looks like we are allowed to upload such renders.

On a serious note: I like the clothing.  I’ll buy the outfit soon.  bye

Posted: 26 March 2013 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15
starionwolf - 26 March 2013 10:24 AM

funny, I was going to ask if we are allowed to post renders of women in their underwear. lol It looks like we are allowed to upload such renders.

On a serious note: I like the clothing.  I’ll buy the outfit soon.  bye

Underwear - yes

Underwear missing - NO.

Posted: 27 March 2013 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1079
Joined  2010-09-19

A test render on Nyu via the Reality 2.5 plug-in to Luxrender.

I’m delighted with product, an “instant essential” to my Genesis wardrobe

cheers

Image Attachments
SheerNyu.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 27 March 2013 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
Jabba101 - 27 March 2013 05:21 PM

cheers

Very nice.

And don’t forget. The shader is not just for panty hose wink

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 27 March 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1105
Joined  2010-01-23
DraagonStorm - 27 March 2013 05:43 PM
Jabba101 - 27 March 2013 05:21 PM

cheers

Very nice.

And don’t forget. The shader is not just for panty hose wink

No indeed - I love this set for the shaders especially. Just a quick render (actually with the pantyhose though) with the same shader used on a vest top. (Perhaps I should have added it to the bedding too, but went with Quilts and Calicos instead! I’m a sucker for shaders and have a large and ever-growing collection!)

Image Attachments
Purple-Daze.jpg

Posted: 27 March 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

Nice!!..love that the hair matches..And I love purple:) And no I am not deprived:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

3 of 6