Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
Sheer Greatness! Official Thread (Commercial)
Posted: 25 March 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3364
Joined  2009-08-05

Hmm..Anything shader based you will have to ask Draagonstorm. I am focusing more on texture based sets to add more flexability. What type of shader styles do you have in mind? We will only consider shader styles that haven’t been done before, so we will have to look at the markets to see what is already there, and what we can possibly add to it. Theres no point in releasing shaders that already exist somewhere:) Our plan from the beginning was to see what all we can do with this product, so we will seriously considor viable suggestions:) I for one plan to support it for a long time since I like pantyhose and leggings:) Also if its shader based, it doesnt have to be only for this product, can be a universal type thing like fabricator:) but that I will leave up to her since she handles the shader side of things.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2010-09-19

Good stuff - haven’t had time to test yet, but I love the morphs and the fit to Genesis.

Incidentally, in case anybody has trouble finding FW’s Sheerly Great, the path has an extra folder in it, so instead of appearing here -
People:Genesis:Clothing:Sheer Greatness:ForbiddenWhispers:Sheerly Great Add-on

It actually appears here -
People:Genesis:Clothing:Genesis:Sheer Greatness:ForbiddenWhispers:Sheerly Great Add-on

Just thought I’d mention in case anybody else who doesn’t use metadata thought their purchase had gone AWOL

wink

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 25 March 2013 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2006-03-14

Heya,

As Jabba mentioned it should be “People:Genesis:Clothing:Sheer Greatness:ForbiddenWhispers:Sheerly Great Add-on”

I don’t know whether it’s a mistake I did, or the tester did. But the files display as they should do in my personal library. (as shown in attached image). So I don’t know how it got messed up…..

This mistake doesn’t affect how the product works, so don’t worry about that. You just need to copy the ‘Sheer Greatness’ folder into the ‘Clothing’ folder & it’ll fix the issue. I’ll let DAZ know so they can update the installer.

Anna
xxxx

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/forbiddenwhispers

Posted: 25 March 2013 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Thanks for the Update Dear:) Yes all should be in the Sheer Greatness folder. I moved mine and is structured like your pic example.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10

So what does the shader do?

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 25 March 2013 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

If you look at the promo’s you will see. All of that are the shaders examples. It’s netting and lace shaders and can be stylized to your liking.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-10

Those are textures though. I’m curious what the shader itself does, because it gets played up a lot in the description but there’s not a lot of detail [and also because I love to see actual new shaders]. Is the dialog box in the first promo all the settings, or is that just for adjusting a sort of base that gets dropped into a final shader?

Signature 

Posted: 25 March 2013 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

The shader uses tiled textures. You can also remove them and just have a basic sheer shader. Basically there are 3 shader settings. Basic, netting and Lace. The netting and lace are based off the basic shader. let me see if I can find a render somewhere or do one quickly.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2005-10-02

The shaders and tiling are being discussed in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/19346/P15/#285056

Some good info there too.

Posted: 25 March 2013 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Just saw that. Nice results you guys are getting:) Very informative as well:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 March 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-10

Thanks, marble and Zev0.

Signature 

Posted: 25 March 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-11-17
Zev0 - 25 March 2013 05:31 AM

Hi Guys. This thread is for anything related to Sheer Greatness and its expansion packs:) We are here to help with anything you need and answer any questions. Maybe even come up with cool new ideas for future expansions:)
Main product can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-greatness/

Just bought,
You had me liking your work when I first seen Vascularity and waiting to jump on the M5/V5 version (but see you been busy).
Good Job again.

Signature 

FusionLA

Posted: 25 March 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12
Zev0 - 25 March 2013 09:59 AM

Hmm..Anything shader based you will have to ask Draagonstorm. I am focusing more on texture based sets to add more flexability. What type of shader styles do you have in mind? We will only consider shader styles that haven’t been done before, so we will have to look at the markets to see what is already there, and what we can possibly add to it. Theres no point in releasing shaders that already exist somewhere:) Our plan from the beginning was to see what all we can do with this product, so we will seriously considor viable suggestions:) I for one plan to support it for a long time since I like pantyhose and leggings:) Also if its shader based, it doesnt have to be only for this product, can be a universal type thing like fabricator:) but that I will leave up to her since she handles the shader side of things.

I don’t know if I can give you any viable suggestions, but I can tell you what I would like. I tend towards rustic looking fabrics. I have Fabricator and all its addons and love it, but one possible hole you could fill is grunged up fabrics. Since you have several layers, maybe there could be a base, than an overlay of grunge. That would be really nice. There are some grunge shader products out there, but it isn’t easy to have the grunge show up in the bump and normal map areas. And maybe that just isn’t possible. I don’t know.

If would be fun to combine the lace designs with metal, glass, stone, fire, all sorts of things like that.

And I would pretty much pick up any variety in the fabrics. It would be hard to have too much camo, embroidery design, etc. It’s having a huge variety that’s nice so I can browse through and pick the perfect fabric for my story and character that I’m illustrating.

Posted: 25 March 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-11-17
sikeus - 25 March 2013 06:02 PM
Zev0 - 25 March 2013 09:59 AM

I don’t know if I can give you any viable suggestions, but I can tell you what I would like. I tend towards rustic looking fabrics. I have Fabricator and all its addons and love it, but one possible hole you could fill is grunged up fabrics. Since you have several layers, maybe there could be a base, than an overlay of grunge. That would be really nice. There are some grunge shader products out there, but it isn’t easy to have the grunge show up in the bump and normal map areas. And maybe that just isn’t possible. I don’t know.

If would be fun to combine the lace designs with metal, glass, stone, fire, all sorts of things like that.

And I would pretty much pick up any variety in the fabrics. It would be hard to have too much camo, embroidery design, etc. It’s having a huge variety that’s nice so I can browse through and pick the perfect fabric for my story and character that I’m illustrating.

I like the grunge idea, plus would like to see some ripped clothes shaders

Signature 

FusionLA

Posted: 25 March 2013 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Not a shader, but this will be in my addon pack. If you want a rip shader there is this http://www.daz3d.com/rag-erator-for-daz-studio

Image Attachments
popup_2.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

2 of 6