Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Newbie question on content
Posted: 24 March 2013 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-02-02

I still don’t understand half of what your people say. That’s why I ghost, for the most part. I only post when I got a problem I can’t figure out on my own.

The only real problem I’ve run into is not having enough virtual memory with larger scenes. I’ve bumped it up in increments of 5000 twice. As for the file systems, DAZ and Bryce, they certainly leave a lot to be desired. I would love to have grouped items together in one spot. Hair in hair, weapons in weapons. One thing I didn’t know was it was possible to use my D drive for running the actual programs.

Right now, if it isn’t broke, I ain’t messing with it. LOL

Thanks for the tips. I like what you were doing with fractals, too.

Posted: 24 March 2013 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1490
Joined  2011-09-25

So far, let me go find some wood, I’ve not had any trouble with either Bryce or DAZ Studio being under Program Files.  To my knowledge Windows 7 has not moved anything, and Bryce has found everything it needs when loading.  I have a separate folder for saving created images outside the Program Files, and store some Bryce documents under Documents in a Bryce Documents folder.

Terry, the more you watch David’s/Horo’s videos, or anyone’s for that matter, and the more you use Bryce, the more you’ll understand what people are talking about.  I understand more now than I did a few months ago since I’m using Bryce more often.  But there are times I’m totally lost after reading someone’s post.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 25 March 2013 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3538
Joined  2004-10-01
TerryFoxxe - 24 March 2013 03:54 PM

IThe only real problem I’ve run into is not having enough virtual memory with larger scenes. I’ve bumped it up in increments of 5000 twice.

If you’re on Windows and your machine has at least 4 GB of memory, consider making Bryce Large Address Aware. It can then use around 3.4 GB instead of 2. Making a program LAA is just setting a flag in Windows. Here’s a free tool I’ve been using for quite a while: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556 just scroll down a bit.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 25 March 2013 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2012-02-02

I’ll pass for now on the program. Bryce works fine for me, and I have no problem with games. It’s simply getting the content where I can use it. Just today I noticed that the programs won’t open if I clicked the programs loaded correctly in my ignorance. LOL Maybe delete those programs and download fresh versions?

One thing I would like to know is how to upload Bryce and DAZ to my D drive. Do I add a folder called programs, or a documents folder? Maybe I should say a mirror of the folders DAZ and Bryce is in on the C drive?

Posted: 25 March 2013 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8669
Joined  2007-11-06

You can install to any folders you like; mine are installed in D:\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4_64 and D:\DAZ 3D\Bryce7—deliberately not using Program Files, just in case.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 March 2013 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15933
Joined  2003-10-09

My folders are even simpler.  I have D / Bryce and D / Poser and D / Photoshop etc

Only thing I would add, if you do by chance install more than one version of Bryce then have subfolders for Bryce 7 Bryce 6 etc inside the Bryce folder.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 26 March 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2012-02-02

Okay, Thanks for the tips, and I’ll see what happens.

2 of 2