Digital Art Zone

3 of 15
Downloading and Installing DAZ Studio: a guide and FAQ
Posted: 14 April 2013 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2013-03-06

Is there a new version of the DIM to go along with the changes?  I wouldn’t be asking, but it’s extremely hard to tell what version of the DIM I have.  The *only* version info I can find is in the finder’s “get info” window, where it says “Ver. 1.0”  However, with versions numbers that have lots of incremental updates, I may not be seeing the whole version number this way.

Looking at the website, I see the download says “DAZ3DIM_1.0.0.112_Mac32zip”

My attempt to download files tonight showed weirdness: the two items that *only* had the new format downloads Bast (sku: 1544) and Millenium Cat (sku: 1506) were the ones that didn’t download.

Posted: 15 April 2013 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-11-23
Scott-Livingston - 14 April 2013 07:28 PM

You should find V4 in the Content Library tab, under: Poser Formats>My Library>Figures>DAZ People

If you don’t see her there, let me know and I’ll help you tell DAZ Studio where to find your “My Library” folder.

ok ! i see her!! grin

But how could import this to see with all genesis figures, in left side of screen within Figures, hair, lights, etc?

thank you!

Posted: 15 April 2013 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9615
Joined  2007-11-06
scotchfairy - 14 April 2013 11:47 PM

Is there a new version of the DIM to go along with the changes?  I wouldn’t be asking, but it’s extremely hard to tell what version of the DIM I have.  The *only* version info I can find is in the finder’s “get info” window, where it says “Ver. 1.0”  However, with versions numbers that have lots of incremental updates, I may not be seeing the whole version number this way.

Looking at the website, I see the download says “DAZ3DIM_1.0.0.112_Mac32zip”

My attempt to download files tonight showed weirdness: the two items that *only* had the new format downloads Bast (sku: 1544) and Millenium Cat (sku: 1506) were the ones that didn’t download.

1.0.0.112 is still the official release.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 April 2013 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
peregrino05 - 15 April 2013 05:37 AM

You should find V4 in the Content Library tab, under: Poser Formats>My Library>Figures>DAZ People

If you don’t see her there, let me know and I’ll help you tell DAZ Studio where to find your “My Library” folder.

ok ! i see her!! grin

But how could import this to see with all genesis figures, in left side of screen within Figures, hair, lights, etc?

thank you!

Did you install Victoria 4 Base using DIM?  Mine shows up in Smart Content under Default > Figures > People

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 16 April 2013 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3803
Joined  2012-02-06
fixmypcmike - 15 April 2013 08:59 PM
peregrino05 - 15 April 2013 05:37 AM

ok ! i see her!! grin

thank you!

Did you install Victoria 4 Base using DIM?  Mine shows up in Smart Content under Default > Figures > People

Mine too…although make sure Genesis isn’t selected first (otherwise she won’t show up because she isn’t a Genesis figure).

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 21 April 2013 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-04-21
Scott-Livingston - 22 March 2013 01:29 PM

I’d like to thank the rest of the Community Volunteers for their assistance with this. If you have trouble with any of the above, or questions about the process of getting DAZ Studio set up, feel free to ask here!

When u order Daz will the product be sent through the mail or is it purely an online transaction. I guess what I’m saying is do I have to wait for it to come in the mail or can I start to download it now. Because I don’t want it through mail. If it is then is their a way I can cancel my order?

Posted: 21 April 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

My Account then Product Library and there you are. Daz Studio ready to Download and install.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 April 2013 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2013-04-21
Jaderail - 21 April 2013 10:32 PM

My Account then Product Library and there you are. Daz Studio ready to Download and install.

No shipping.

Just that easy huh?

Well that’s great…

Posted: 21 April 2013 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

All digital. No shipping. Enjoy.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 25 April 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-03-30

Do I have to uninstall DS4Pro to install DS4.5Pro.
Thanks.

Posted: 25 April 2013 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3803
Joined  2012-02-06

What I would recommend is to uninstall CMS (Content Management Service), then uninstall DS4, then follow the instructions in this thread to install DS4.5

It’s not essential that you do it that way (if you don’t uninstall first, the DS4.5 installer should remove the previous version of DS for you), but it should help avoid problems with the database. Actually, you may wish to back up the database first, particularly if you use custom categories.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 27 April 2013 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2009-11-20

I’ve recently upgraded my computer.  I’ve been using DIM on my previous machine and kept all of the downloads.  Can I just copy that folder (“Downloaded Installers”, I think) to my new machine to avoid having to re-download all of the content again?  Will there be any conflicts?
Thanks in advance.

Posted: 27 April 2013 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
ShawnDonaldson - 27 April 2013 08:13 PM

I’ve recently upgraded my computer.  I’ve been using DIM on my previous machine and kept all of the downloads.  Can I just copy that folder (“Downloaded Installers”, I think) to my new machine to avoid having to re-download all of the content again?  Will there be any conflicts?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can just install DIM on the new machine and copy over the downloads folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads).  If you also copy the ManifestFiles folder, then you can just copy over the entire content folder (e.g. My DAZ 3D Library) and DIM will know that you’ve already installed them,

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 April 2013 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2009-11-20

Thanks.  You’re answer was so fast, I was able to read it before trying anything silly!

Posted: 09 May 2013 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Joined  2010-05-13

Hi,

I see people mentioning the content directory manager. I do not even have that as an option in Edit > Preferences. What am I doing wrong?

3 of 15