Digital Art Zone

13 of 13
Downloading and Installing DAZ Studio: a guide and FAQ
Posted: 09 January 2014 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-01-05

It’s the Radeon HD 5450, and it has told me that the most updated driver is already installed.

Posted: 10 January 2014 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13616
Joined  2003-10-09

That should work. I’m sorry, I don’t have any additional ideas - try opening a Technical Support ticket.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 January 2014 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2011-04-14

Morning Folks,

I have been dragging my feet upgrading to 4.6. I have stayed with Studio 4.0 Pro for a while but feel like it may be time, however it seems lots of folks are having issues installling. My main question is will I be able to keep my version 4.0 around (as I did my version 3) or does it get stomped by the installation?

Also I have quite a messy content sttructure after 2 years, a Studio3/content/ Studio4/content and Studio/mylibrary etc. it just feels like installers put things all over the place and the pattern keeps changing. I’m considereing removing everything do a complete clean install and then manually reconstructing a single Studio/mylibrary/content/ directory. Will that even work?

thanks

Posted: 10 January 2014 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

You can only run one Build version of DS4+ at a time. DS4 will replace all other DS4 versions below the current build number. Except for a Beta Version. You can Run DS3 and DS4 side by side and in both bit depths for each as in DS3 32 and DS3 64 and DS4.6 32 and DS4.6 64bit all at one install. I do.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 January 2014 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-11-13

I am trying to help my boy install all of his content and there is a metadata file and something called a trx fil I run the metadata exe and everything installs fine but when I try to run the trx exe it says it cant find the dependant file and I am installing it to the same place as I installed the meta data. is there a special place these trx file thingys have to be installed to?

Posted: 27 January 2014 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06

What is the item you’re installing?  Morphs for figures usually need to be installed in the same place as the base figure, so you’ll want to make sure you install the required items first.  Some of the base packages:

Genesis Starter Essentials
Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials
Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio
Victoria 4.2 Base
Michael 4 Base

Using DAZ Install Manager can help you find packages you may have missed.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 January 2014 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-11-13

I think I figured out that the one file is for windows and the other is for mac users. thats where I believe my prob is I thought you needed both files but it is 2 sep files for windows and mac users

Posted: 28 January 2014 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-20

Got myself in a pickle,  had a computer crash, so backed up my Daz files, before I had to reinstall windows etc.  Got Daz studio to install not a problem.  Added some new content using the Daz Installer.  It keeps coming up with errors, I thought it was a Bryce install, as I had not got round to putting Bryce back on.  But its just happened again for a Daz install Genesis bundle. 

I opened Daz studio 4.6, loaded up fine. But my contents got little yellow triangles on it and when I click on, it says read log file for errors?  No idea where the Log files are to read them.

Another problem is how and where do I put back on my saved files from before the crash?

Signature 

When I smile…..Run!

Posted: 06 February 2014 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2014-01-29

Thanks for sharing. I have understand this procedure very easily.

Signature 

Low cost and discount rates Detroit Metro Airport Taxi

Posted: 13 April 2014 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the topic, but it’s a long one and I didn’t see it when I scanned through…

My PC setup has a small, fast hard disk as my C drive and a large one as my D drive where I install software. I don’t install software on my C drive in order to keep the system lean and fast.

DAZ Studio insists on installing itself on my C Drive, and does not give me the option to choose a different location.  :(

(That’s not very friendly actually guys. I know you are trying to be helpful, but one size does not always fit all).

Is there a way to install the programme to where I want it to live without cut and paste-ing and registry setting hacking?

(EDIT: Found it in DAZ Content manager settings! Please ignore me!)  wink

Posted: 21 April 2014 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Joined  2014-04-20

I am having difficulty installing this file:
“Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)”

The error message on the installer reads:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for “Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)” requires that the installed path for “Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)” be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the “Applications” page of the “Settings” dialog, then try again.

Is it saying that Photoshop must be present on my hard drive?
Thank you.

Posted: 21 April 2014 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3383
Joined  2012-02-06
Blasto63 - 21 April 2014 11:15 AM

I am having difficulty installing this file:
“Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)”

The error message on the installer reads:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for “Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)” requires that the installed path for “Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)” be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the “Applications” page of the “Settings” dialog, then try again.

Is it saying that Photoshop must be present on my hard drive?
Thank you.

Yes, the Photoshop 3D Bridge does require Photoshop. If you don’t have Photoshop installed (or if you don’t have an appropriate version of it installed) on your hard drive, then you can skip installing the 3D Bridge.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 26 April 2014 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-11-27

Hi,

I’m new to DAZ Studio and I’m having trouble installing DAZ Studio 4.6.  I’ve installed 4.5 using download manager but when I try 4.6 I get “installation failed” every time.  Could someone please help?

13 of 13