2 of 15
Downloading and Installing DAZ Studio: a guide and FAQ
Posted: 04 April 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3648
Joined  2012-02-06
freddy.stynen1 - 04 April 2013 11:47 AM

nvm i give up , only 2 remaining downloads left , hf with it .

You can reset your available downloads: from your Account screen, click on “Itemized Order History.” Find the product you want to reset, and click the Reset link. Your available downloads will be reset immediately, and there’s no limit as to how many times you can do this (at least as far as I’m aware).

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 04 April 2013 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-02-08

Also, if you have a character in your username that is not a letter or a number (or an at symbol or a period) such as a + you won’t be able to login to DIM. Gmail allows you to put a + in your email address to create an automatic filter. I did submit it as a bug and received an acknowledgement, so the DAZ team knows about it. Just wish I knew when the next version will be out, so that I can check to see if I can finally use it.

Posted: 08 April 2013 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-02-12

Ok, I have got one for someone to figure out…
After having followed your instructions for downloading and install of the program, download manager, & purchased content i have a bunch of Yellow Triangles with !  in much of my Smart Content Manger and when I click on the Yellow Triangle item it states that DAZ is unable to locate the item even though it shows as being fully installed in the download manager…  I am using Win7-64 and because there are multiple users I have all of my content installed and mapped to to C:/Users/My DAZ 3D in both the program and the download manager program.  any ideas what the problem could be with the missing content?

Thanks.

Posted: 09 April 2013 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8122
Joined  2009-05-14

1: exactly where is all your conetnt installed to and
2: can you post a screenshot of you content Directory Manager.
or 3 go to the Options box of the SMart Content or Content Library pane and choose Contnet DB maintenance and start with refer to image below doing one at a time restarting Daz Studio each time.

Sounds to me you either made a mistake or you had Daz Studio open when you installed the content?

Image Attachments
DB_Main_3.jpeg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 09 April 2013 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Also note the TIP that was sort of covered. Never install content with Daz Studio open and running. The Content database is OPEN and called by DS as the new Metadata is installed if you do this. Some times nothing happens and your Metadata will show on the Next Open of DS but it can/will Corrupt the Database if/when an error happens. Your Much better off not having DS open for any install.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 April 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-02-12

Thanks for your help.  Just to let you know that no DAZ was not opened when I ran the Download Manager and installed the content, however there were some orphan files - must have been from a previous install…
I went through the process of opening DAZ, going to the content database and went through each step 3-5 restarting after completion of each step.  now after step 5 - resetting the database - I restarted DAz and now nothing is listed under my Smart Content under Products and Files is greyed out.  Therefore what is the process to get the Smart Content back or am I missing something here?

Content is installed to C:\The Master\My DAZ 3D

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8979
Joined  2007-11-06

Content Library > options menu > Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 April 2013 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-04-10

thank you so much for your post it could of the beginners specially for me. thanks:lol:

Posted: 12 April 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-11-23

Hi, i´ve bougth time ago M3, M4, V4, etc but i don´t know how or where install this in DAZ Studio 4.5 pro.

Please can you help to me?

thanks

Posted: 13 April 2013 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
peregrino05 - 12 April 2013 07:12 PM

Hi, i´ve bougth time ago M3, M4, V4, etc but i don´t know how or where install this in DAZ Studio 4.5 pro.

thanks

I assume you wish to install them manually, not with the DAZ Install Manager? Is your computer a Mac or a PC? And where is the rest of your content installed, if you have any?

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

As some of you may have noticed, the My Account section of the website has been updated and now looks rather different. When I get a chance, I’ll update the instructions to reflect these changes.

Update: DONE
(let me know if I missed something)

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 13 April 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2009-11-23
Scott-Livingston - 13 April 2013 04:59 AM

thanks

I assume you wish to install them manually, not with the DAZ Install Manager? Is your computer a Mac or a PC? And where is the rest of your content installed, if you have any?

Hi and thanks…

I don´t like install Manager. I wish install manually

I have a PC.

I don´t have any content installed yet, only Daz and Genesis

Posted: 14 April 2013 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
peregrino05 - 13 April 2013 02:57 PM

thanks

Hi and thanks…

I have a PC.

Different people have different preferences about where to install, but you’ll probably want to put stuff somewhere in “Documents” (do not put content within “Program Files”). Decide where you want to put things, and be consistent. Before I started using the DAZ Install Manager, my content was installed to: C:/Users/***/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

The asterisks (***) should be one of the existing user accounts for your computer, or else Public.

Within the “My Library” folder you can find folders like “People,” “Hair,” “Lights,” and “Runtime.” But “My Library” should be the install destination.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 14 April 2013 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2009-11-23
Scott-Livingston - 14 April 2013 06:57 PM
peregrino05 - 13 April 2013 02:57 PM

thanks

Hi and thanks…

I have a PC.

Different people have different preferences about where to install, but you’ll probably want to put stuff somewhere in “Documents” (do not put content within “Program Files”). Decide where you want to put things, and be consistent. Before I started using the DAZ Install Manager, my content was installed to: C:/Users/***/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

The asterisks (***) should be one of the existing user accounts for your computer, or else Public.

Within the “My Library” folder you can find folders like “People,” “Hair,” “Lights,” and “Runtime.” But “My Library” should be the install destination.

Hi, i just used the same route suggested by you…C:/..............My Library to install Victoria 4 . Then i press start in Daz Studio 4.5 executable, and when finish loading i look in figures and in all files and NO traces of Victoria 4. I don´t know what im doing wrong…and i need this tool for work :(

Posted: 14 April 2013 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

You should find V4 in the Content Library tab, under: Poser Formats>My Library>Figures>DAZ People

If you don’t see her there, let me know and I’ll help you tell DAZ Studio where to find your “My Library” folder.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

2 of 15