Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Mortella Dress: Dynamic for Poser and conforming for Genesis!
Posted: 15 June 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain things to me and for the dress! I will give it another shot after I read your tutorial you provided the link to.
Thanks! smile

Posted: 15 June 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2003-10-09

You’re welcome! I try to include the info in the readmes, the link to both the pdf and the tut are in the readme I included with the Mortella dress, but I understand that most people do prefer to “try things out” smile

Enjoy!

Signature 

My DAZ Store

My Freebies!

Posted: 15 June 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the lovely dress. Lookie, works on Genesis too smile I’ve imported the object and used the Transfer Utility to fit it to Genesis. Was just a quick try to see if it can be done.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/510_98/

Signature 

My DAZ Store
SqueeZings - Poses for Squee
Cool & Sexy - Poses for Stephanie 5
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2277
Joined  2005-09-05
Puntomaus - 15 June 2012 07:52 PM

Thanks for the lovely dress. Lookie, works on Genesis too smile I’ve imported the object and used the Transfer Utility to fit it to Genesis. Was just a quick try to see if it can be done.

Beat me to it…I’ve just downloaded with the same thought in mind.

Thanks for this Arien….

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8823
Joined  2004-07-21

I was wondering if it would work with Genesis, that is why I asked if it would work in Poser 2012

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 16 June 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  0
Puntomaus - 15 June 2012 07:52 PM

Great! Now if I just could find a Carolyn Jones face morph for Genesis surprised

Nice render Puntomaus and thank you for the lovely gown Arien!

Cheers Oom

Posted: 16 June 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Hi again! I just couldn’t resist this. I made a quick and rather crude morph to fit the gown to the default Genesis. It now follows shapes pretty well, with in reason. I use DS so I can not use the dynamics, it will take a ton of deformers to keep the sleeves and tentacles in place.
Here with the Catrina character. The gown deserves a much better shader than this one, sorry about that.

Thanks again!

Oom

Image Attachments
mo2.jpg

Posted: 16 June 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Oom Fooyat - 16 June 2012 06:59 AM

Hi again! I just couldn’t resist this. I made a quick and rather crude morph to fit the gown to the default Genesis. It now follows shapes pretty well, with in reason. I use DS so I can not use the dynamics, it will take a ton of deformers to keep the sleeves and tentacles in place.
Here with the Catrina character. The gown deserves a much better shader than this one, sorry about that.

Thanks again!

Oom

That looks great Oom…is there anyway you could legally share the morph?

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I thought my render was ok. It was only 800 pixel wide and the link above said something about 800 pixel square. So what does square mean then? Is it the same as wide?

Signature 

My DAZ Store
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8823
Joined  2004-07-21
Puntomaus - 16 June 2012 09:26 PM

I thought my render was ok. It was only 800 pixel wide and the link above said something about 800 pixel square. So what does square mean then? Is it the same as wide?

I think the longest side would have to be 800 or less.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you. Well yeah, that would explain why it has been removed. Was a bit longer than 800.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 16 June 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  0
Pendraia - 16 June 2012 07:28 PM

Thanks again!

Oom

No, it is a .obj so the whole mesh is in the morph. I don’t know if it is possible to save the morph as a .dsf but then, I guess, the base mesh has to be .dsf too. Also, as I said, the sleeves and tentacles are a pain to deal with,  you will have to rig them to make the gown work well in DS. I have never tried to make a rig.
So fire up you modeller… wink I could use shrinkwarp in blender for most of the mesh so it was a limited effort.

Cheers! Oom

Posted: 16 June 2012 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Oom Fooyat - 16 June 2012 11:49 PM

Thanks again!

Oom

No, it is a .obj so the whole mesh is in the morph. I don’t know if it is possible to save the morph as a .dsf but then, I guess, the base mesh has to be .dsf too. Also, as I said, the sleeves and tentacles are a pain to deal with,  you will have to rig them to make the gown work well in DS. I have never tried to make a rig. So fire up you modeller… wink I could use shrinkwarp in blender for most of the mesh so it was a limited effort.

Cheers! Oom

No problem, I had originally planned on doing something with it myself anyway…thanks for answering. It will be easily adjusted in hex to fit and then the basic rig done using the transfer utility. Adding extra bones for the sleeve and the tentacles will be the tricky bit and I meant to work out how to do that anyway, so it will give me something to practice on.

cheers

Pen

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 17 June 2012 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  0
Pendraia - 16 June 2012 11:59 PM

Thanks again!

Oom

No, it is a .obj so the whole mesh is in the morph. I don’t know if it is possible to save the morph as a .dsf but then, I guess, the base mesh has to be .dsf too. Also, as I said, the sleeves and tentacles are a pain to deal with,  you will have to rig them to make the gown work well in DS. I have never tried to make a rig. So fire up you modeller… wink I could use shrinkwarp in blender for most of the mesh so it was a limited effort.

Cheers! Oom

No problem, I had originally planned on doing something with it myself anyway…thanks for answering. It will be easily adjusted in hex to fit and then the basic rig done using the transfer utility. Adding extra bones for the sleeve and the tentacles will be the tricky bit and I meant to work out how to do that anyway, so it will give me something to practice on.

cheers

Pen

Good luck Pen! smile I’m looking forward too see the result.

Oom

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Oom Fooyat - 17 June 2012 12:11 AM
Pendraia - 16 June 2012 11:59 PM

Thanks again!

Oom

Cheers! Oom

cheers

Pen

Good luck Pen! smile I’m looking forward too see the result.

Oom

Thanks it may take a while as I won’t get chance to do it for two weeks. Hopefully while I’m on holiday in two weeks I’ll get chance,

Pen

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

2 of 4