Digital Art Zone

This has probably been covered, but…
Posted: 11 June 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2003-10-09

Is Bryce going to be upgraded for Mac OS Lion?  There are probably a ton of Bryce fans who are MOST disappointed that a year after Lion came out, there is still no upgrade.

If not, what is a substitute Mac compatible program for building virtual outdoor sets and landscapes?

Posted: 11 June 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7518
Joined  2006-03-19

Poll removed - we aren’t sure why polls are enabled, they weren’t on the old forums, but it isn’t the intent that they should be there.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 11 June 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15272
Joined  2003-10-09

As was stated several times on the Old forum, at the moment Bryce is not compatible with OSX Lion. The reason for this is that OS X Lion was released after the Bryce 7 dev schedule had been wrapped up,  As the Mac devlopers who were working on it were contractors, they moved on. When Bryce comes back into the dev cycle they are hoping to again employ a mac dev who has knowledge of Bryce and its rather unique coding.

In the meantime several people are using B 7 iin a bootcamp.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 June 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2003-10-09

Okay, what’s a bootcamp?

Posted: 12 June 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15272
Joined  2003-10-09

Ugh, what a question to ask a non mac user. I gather it involves setting up a partition and using that to run windows, thus enabling you to use Bryce. You do however have to have a valid copy of windows, so does cost money.

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 June 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3371
Joined  2004-10-01

To my knowledge, bootcamp is a piece of software that emulats Windoze on a Mac.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 12 June 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  221
Joined  2005-09-28
RBPahl41 - 12 June 2012 08:29 AM

Okay, what’s a bootcamp?

As Horo states, Bootcamp is a Windows system emulator. It creates a Windows partition on a chosen hard drive and when you start the Mac (‘boot it’) your Mac runs Windows software.

The upshot is you can run Windows B7 on your Mac.

There are other emulator solutions, such as Parallels and VMware’s Fusion. But whichever option you use, including BootCamp, you’ll need to purchase a Windows OS of your choice: NT, XP, 2000, 7, 8, whatever.

Signature 

Oroboros Presents… KEY-FLAME: Bryce Animation Tutorials

Posted: 15 June 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-03-28

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clear this up. Bootcamp is not an emulator, it is a utility that helps with the process of creating a partition and getting the correct drivers so that you can use your Mac as if it were a pc to run Windowz.

Also, thought I’d poke around another thread trying to see if anyone has the same problem as me, either running Bryce in Windows on a Mac or maybe even in Windows running on a PC.

Please check here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1442/