Digital Art Zone

4 of 11
DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate 2
Posted: 16 June 2012 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1606
Joined  2005-02-25

May I ask when the plugins will get updated to work with this?  Just saying, because I can’t use daz without most of the plugins.  Seriously, its madness. :S It’s not feasible for use until it works with the plugins (or the plugins work with it).  I don’t get why a version (not even a full number change) breaks all the plugins.  I’m still a bit unhappy about the plugins from DS3 that aren’t working in DS4. Not to mention the ones from DS2….

of course there are good things about DS4 RC but need plugins!!!

Posted: 16 June 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2006-01-06

I am using a Win7 64 bit and it has been just having odd quirks

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1630
Joined  2010-02-14

Okay, now I’m not sure if this is strictly because of the Candidate, because this was rather frequent when I would do this back when my Studio was the regular 4.0 version (even before I went Pro). Just about every time I try to perform Surface modifications on zoomed in selected items such as body parts, small accessories, articles with multiple details, etc. the program itself would suddenly crash on me. No matter what I’m doing, whether it be Defuse or Specular attributes it does this when I try to confirm a change made in the color box.

Why is it doing this? I already sent a bug report about this and even though the announcement promised a response by Friday, my ticket remains unanswered.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 17 June 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

Finally installed this verison last night, now whenever I go to put a piece of clothing on genesis it doesn’t automatically fit to the figure I have to manually fit it.

Posted: 17 June 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14829
Joined  2003-10-09
Heatherlee - 17 June 2012 07:55 AM

Finally installed this verison last night, now whenever I go to put a piece of clothing on genesis it doesn’t automatically fit to the figure I have to manually fit it.

It may seem an odd question, but is the Content Management Service running? Also, does the clothing auto-fit if you drag it from the content pane and drop it on the figure?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 June 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2006-01-06

Ok I need to uninstall this bad puppy.  Since it for some reason didn’t install with one and probably my error.  Will I lose my content if I unistall from the add/remove programs?

Posted: 17 June 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17
Richard Haseltine - 17 June 2012 08:32 AM

It may seem an odd question, but is the Content Management Service running? Also, does the clothing auto-fit if you drag it from the content pane and drop it on the figure?

Just checked and drag and drop works, I usually just double click on the clothing and the content management service is not running.

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07

I just have to ask, is auto-fit working in D/S 4.5? I don’t mind not being able to use Reality right away, but what about Auto-fit? I haven’t downloaded it yet because I’m a bit scared of it.

Anyone using it, how stable is it? What problems are you having with it?

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2007-01-08
Noshoba - 17 June 2012 08:46 AM

Ok I need to uninstall this bad puppy.  Since it for some reason didn’t install with one and probably my error.  Will I lose my content if I unistall from the add/remove programs?

No you shouldn’t lose anything, barring weird errors.

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2007-01-08

@Mercedesk: *Points at the official sticky*. Autofit now retains adjustment morphs! All DAZ supplied plug-ins are always updated for the latest version. It’s a very very rare occurrence if they do not update one. Apparently some people have problems saving scenes. I’d love to give it a whirl but I can’t get it to download for me.

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07

Hmmmm… okay - still scared though, red face

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Heatherlee - 17 June 2012 08:58 AM
Richard Haseltine - 17 June 2012 08:32 AM

Just checked and drag and drop works, I usually just double click on the clothing and the content management service is not running.

The CMS seems to be necessary for clothes to fit automatically when loaded by a double-click, so what you are seeing is the expected behaviour. I don’t know if it’s the intended behaviour, though..

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Merged the AutoFit plugin question into this thread.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-07

All right, I bit the bullet and downloaded it and installed the 32bit version, however, I can’t get the 64bit version installed, I keep getting this error message.

======================
Error Running C:\ProgramFiles\Daz 3D\DAZ Studio 4/dzcoreutil.exe -dvs64: child killed: unknown signal
======================

So… how do I get passed this?

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt

Posted: 17 June 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1074
Joined  2003-10-09

This is a bit of a complaint. I’m not saying it’s a bug because I suspect it’s intended behavior in RC2.

I keep my Poser and pre DS4 Studio files in external runtimes and content dirs and process metadata ONLY for stuff I install directly to My Library (genesis and DS4 files only). To facilitate this I made a new temporary install directory that I do NOT map into Studio 4.

Studio 4.5 RC2 reads metadata installed in that ‘hidden’ folder anyway. Now I have to read every line in the window that pops up when I open Studio to be sure I’m not processing metadata I DO NOT WANT. Or remember to delete all metadata from that folder before I go near Studio—which is hard to remember if you want to move and test something quickly.

If this IS intended behavior, is there a way around it?

4 of 11