3 of 11
DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate 2
Posted: 12 June 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13579
Joined  2003-10-09
Ninja45 - 12 June 2012 02:48 PM

I noticed that the Decimator and Mimic Live are included in the bundle. Does this mean that the Free Pro serials work with these too? raspberry

No,  but if you buy a license the serial number will activate the plug in.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  954
Joined  2006-02-27

In 4.3.47 I have an issue dialing up M4 morphs, after a certain amount of morphs Studio would just stall.

In the first release of 4.5 Some of my installed morphs would not show up in studio. Mostly the Evolution morphs

Have those issues been fixed?

Posted: 13 June 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The missing morphs needs a product update, if you are looking at the Shaping pane, rather than a DS fix. The morphs should still be accessible through the Parameters pane.

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2005-11-28
JohnDelaquiox - 13 June 2012 08:22 AM

In the first release of 4.5 Some of my installed morphs would not show up in studio. Mostly the Evolution morphs

Have those issues been fixed?

Many of the Evolution morphs are missing for me, too, and I cannot find them in any other tab, including the Parameters one. Some of my custom character morphs have also poofed in this version.

Signature 

Extraordinarily Ordinary Characters
Live Below the Line

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Remember that most moprhs will appear on the root (“Genesis”) in the Parameters pane. Only expression morphs will be on the head.

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-01-06

I am sorry but I am finding this has gone from relatively bug free to major pain in arse for some reason.  It is acting seriously corrupted and being real stubborn about loading files not sure if there is a cache or such that needs cleaning out

Posted: 13 June 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4454
Joined  2004-08-11

Never mind… issue resolved… red face

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 13 June 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-10-09

So I’m having the same problem as a few other people with the genesis evolution morphs not appearing in shape tab.  I understand I can find them in Parameters but they aren’t organized there and it’s a real pain sifting through all the morphs I’ve gotten for genesis. When can we expect a product upgrade for the morphs that will fix the problem?

Posted: 14 June 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1664
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
Does DAZ get the crash reports that are automatically generated and sent to Apple when it crashes on Mac OS X?

4.5(.0.47) crashed too regularly for me, to the point I had to give up and go back to 4.0.  (Unfortunately it’d overwritten the Genesis basic figures with the new format, so I can’t load any basic Genesis characters anymore in 4.0.  My fault for trying to use the same content library.  I manage because I typically use characters (V5, Hitomi, Manami, etc.) and mix them together, and that works fine.)

If you don’t get crash reports from Apple, (1) you should look into doing that, because it’s a trivial and useful way to get crash reports, and (2) how should I submit crash reports?  4.5(.0.47) is definitely unstable.  I wouldn’t want you to ship that…

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 14 June 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4454
Joined  2004-08-11

Never mind, issue resolved ... red face

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 14 June 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  967
Joined  2007-10-17
otaku - 13 June 2012 10:48 PM

So I’m having the same problem as a few other people with the genesis evolution morphs not appearing in shape tab.  I understand I can find them in Parameters but they aren’t organized there and it’s a real pain sifting through all the morphs I’ve gotten for genesis. When can we expect a product upgrade for the morphs that will fix the problem?

The information I have is it will happen before release. That requires time from the Content team and they have something with a slightly higher priority at the moment, it is a surprise. smile

Posted: 14 June 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  967
Joined  2007-10-17
Cypherfox - 14 June 2012 01:04 AM

Greetings,
Does DAZ get the crash reports that are automatically generated and sent to Apple when it crashes on Mac OS X?

4.5(.0.47) crashed too regularly for me, to the point I had to give up and go back to 4.0.  (Unfortunately it’d overwritten the Genesis basic figures with the new format, so I can’t load any basic Genesis characters anymore in 4.0.  My fault for trying to use the same content library.  I manage because I typically use characters (V5, Hitomi, Manami, etc.) and mix them together, and that works fine.)

If you don’t get crash reports from Apple, (1) you should look into doing that, because it’s a trivial and useful way to get crash reports, and (2) how should I submit crash reports?  4.5(.0.47) is definitely unstable.  I wouldn’t want you to ship that…

— Morgan

We do not. While we could, the issue is we would have no way to track them, or get back to the user to see what they did to get to that point. DAZ Studio also generates a log file and usually a crash dump, both of which are important to tracking down the issue so it can be fixed.

Bugs can be reported at http://bugs.daz3d.com in the DAZ Studio 4 project please. smile

Posted: 14 June 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2003-10-09

Anyone notice any changes in Save in RC2?

When I ‘save rendered image’ to my Documents/Renders folder the save dialog remembered the path even if I also saved an image to the Render Library in between. Not in RC2. If I’ve saved a render from the render window, a FILE/Save Last Render ALWAYS opens to the Render Library.

Also, ‘Save’ behavior when you Save/Scene always treats the Save as Save As instead no matter how many times you’ve already saved the scene over itself. I think this happened in RC1 as well. Not sure. But remember it was okay in 4.0. This happens whether I use the File menu or CTRL-S.

I haven’t saved anything other than straight scenes or renders.

Posted: 14 June 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-01-06

Yeah I have had issues with that as well.  But also need to figure out how to get back to normal 4Pro

Posted: 16 June 2012 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, I’m sorry to hear about all the probs people are having - I have to say that in the few sessions I’ve played around with it I haven’t noticed any real probs, using WinVista 64bit, though I haven’t really tried to ‘push’ anything yet.  I am amazed at how quickly it now renders, even with UE lights at high quality, and how much more vibrant the lighting seems to be.  Just last night rendered the below image and didn’t have to edit the render whatsoever, apart from resizing for the forum…....no clean-up or filters required, absolutely no postwork other than added background. cool smile

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/510_98/

EDITED TO ADD:  Oh, thought I had re-sized it appropriately - obviously not, and probably not worth re-uploading now anyway.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

3 of 11