DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 11 June 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1861
Joined  2006-02-17
Richard Haseltine - 11 June 2012 01:52 PM

I suspect Kendall may want to trigger a script on load, to (for example) change the morphs or textures if the male or female morph is set on Genesis. Actually, I thought there was already meant to be an event-triggered script option, though when it was last discussed (possibly back in DS3 days) it wasn’t working and Rob needed to work on it.

This would be a start.  What I *want* to do is significantly more complex grin  But, yes.  I’d like to be able to execute code upon load, unload, movement, etc.  Once I can patch into the event I can code the rest myself.

EDIT: A bit of a teaser:  Picture a boat object.  It has a certain draft assigned to it.  Upon load it adjusts itself to the “surface” upon its normal and compensates for the draft, making the boat sit “correctly” upon the surface.  Or, the CMS holds a series of attributes that can be recalled and applied to make content “react” to surroundings.  A boat sinks into water, but not into a beach, etc.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 June 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4547
Joined  2004-08-11
Richard Haseltine - 11 June 2012 02:25 PM

That’s on my list, if I ever get the time

Man, if you can pull that off Richard you will make allot of folks very happy!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 June 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-12-26
Kendall Sears - 11 June 2012 02:29 PM

I suspect Kendall may want to trigger a script on load, to (for example) change the morphs or textures if the male or female morph is set on Genesis. Actually, I thought there was already meant to be an event-triggered script option, though when it was last discussed (possibly back in DS3 days) it wasn’t working and Rob needed to work on it.

This would be a start.  What I *want* to do is significantly more complex grin  But, yes.  I’d like to be able to execute code upon load, unload, movement, etc.  Once I can patch into the event I can code the rest myself.

EDIT: A bit of a teaser:  Picture a boat object.  It has a certain draft assigned to it.  Upon load it adjusts itself to the “surface” upon its normal and compensates for the draft, making the boat sit “correctly” upon the surface.  Or, the CMS holds a series of attributes that can be recalled and applied to make content “react” to surroundings.  A boat sinks into water, but not into a beach, etc.

Kendall

Are you using the SDK or the Script API?  Other than integration into the CMS, having code execute an event happens like a scene load can be accomplished fairly easily in the SDK.  Scripts can do many similar things using the DzCallBackMgr.  If you combine SDK and script you can do even more.

Just as an example, in the Outline scripted render example in 4.5 you will notice that all materials in the scene have two additional properties in an “Outline” group.  These properties are added with the use of a call back after a scene is loaded or a material is changed out in the scene.  Similar concepts could be used to do your boat example.

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1861
Joined  2006-02-17
ketthrove - 11 June 2012 03:52 PM
Kendall Sears - 11 June 2012 02:29 PM

Kendall

Are you using the SDK or the Script API?  Other than integration into the CMS, having code execute an event happens like a scene load can be accomplished fairly easily in the SDK.  Scripts can do many similar things using the DzCallBackMgr.  If you combine SDK and script you can do even more.

Just as an example, in the Outline scripted render example in 4.5 you will notice that all materials in the scene have two additional properties in an “Outline” group.  These properties are added with the use of a call back after a scene is loaded or a material is changed out in the scene.  Similar concepts could be used to do your boat example.

Maybe the boat example was a bit simplistic, it was just an example of the “type” of thing I want to do.  If I were to outline what I am actually wanting to do, I’d likely start a war that I don’t want on the forums right now.  But since the areas I’d really like to ask these questions in aren’t currently available I don’t want to get too controversial in public.  But I do need to access the CMS for what I’m doing.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14420
Joined  2003-10-09

I think the CallBack was what I was maundering on about in my earlier post.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2007-10-17

According to Rob it is in the API.

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2010-03-13

Is there actually any timeline as to when OpenMP support comes back on the Mac OS X platform? Apparently the latest DAZ Studio 4.5 RC2 got OpenMP still disabled. Some other 3D applications were able to enable it again for quite some time (via latest GNU compilers), so any chance for DS 4.5?

Posted: 11 June 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  657
Joined  2005-03-08
jwood331 - 11 June 2012 01:09 PM

Just so you know, this version of studio 4.5 is no more compatible with the abominable Windows 8 than the previous one, so the content uninstaller and the new content installer simply do not work. I’m still stuck with the old content, but it’s not a huge problem, just an annoying one.

FYI,
I managed to get it all installed by selecting compatibility mode for the installer file and selecting Vista RC2

no probs. cool hmm

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 12 June 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  0

It says that previous plugin versions don’t work.  Is there a new version for plugins out yet, or are they still in the works?

Posted: 12 June 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4790
Joined  2004-07-01
maraich - 12 June 2012 03:55 AM

It says that previous plugin versions don’t work.  Is there a new version for plugins out yet, or are they still in the works?

still in the works !

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1037
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a note to say I grabbed the file early last evening and apparently the appended junk was not on the file. I was able to open the zip with Win Explorer and run the exe from there.

Posted: 12 June 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2007-10-17
maraich - 12 June 2012 03:55 AM

The DAZ Plug-ins are included in the download as is Animate 2. The rest of the third party plug-ins are in the works.

Posted: 12 June 2012 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2007-01-08

I’m still on RC1 since RC2 timed out all times on me. I reinstalled RC1 and now I get this in the log:
Loaded file: Genesis.duf
Asset : People/Genesis/Props/Magus/Materials/04-Earring 1_DC.duf could not be located
Asset : People/Genesis/Props/Magus/Materials/04-Earring 2_DC.duf could not be located
Asset : Scripts/Utilities/Lost_n_Found.dse could not be located

Posted: 12 June 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-01-23

I noticed that the Decimator and Mimic Live are included in the bundle. Does this mean that the Free Pro serials work with these too? raspberry

2 of 11