Digital Art Zone

Newbie question - bright teeth
Posted: 15 March 2013 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2013-03-07

I’m sorry to ask what is probably a silly question.  I have tried for a few days to find the answer and have now given up and am going to ask here.

The teeth in my characters are way too bright (almost blinding!).  Can I “turn down” just the teeth/inside the mouth.  Everything else is perfect so I don’t really want to mess with lights etc.

I’m using the original V4 character.  Also I’m an old woman (in my 50s!), please speak in English, I’m finding it very hard to follow all of the these abbreviations lol!  I’m using Daz for commercial purposes, not to produce the gorgeous images I see you all producing.

Thanks

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2009-11-20

My first thought would be to try going into the surfaces tab, click on the teeth and adjust the color, highlight and shadow colors under the Basics tab

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8035
Joined  2009-05-14

Surfaces Pane yes but in the Advanced Surafces settings you can change the Diffuse colour to a white/yellow or white/grey which ever you prefer. Also try adjusting the Specular settings and colour and make sure Ambient is set to 0%. My advice if you are new is to change one thing and test render, change another test, rinse and repeat until you get the look you want.

here is some info on the Surfaces Pane http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm that might help you.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Surfaces Pane yes but in the Advanced Surafces settings you can change the Diffuse colour to a white/yellow or white/grey which ever you prefer. Also try adjusting the Specular settings and colour and make sure Ambient is set to 0%. My advice if you are new is to change one thing and test render, change another test, rinse and repeat until you get the look you want.

here is some info on the Surfaces Pane http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm that might help you.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2013-03-07

Thank you, thank you, thank you… both of you!

I’ve been struggling for a couple of days, I should have just asked.  I’ve gotten the look I wanted to achieve exactly.  Brilliant!

Thank you again, for your time.

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

My pleasure. I do prefer to find these things out myself too. Last night I spent at least 4 hours on a problem and 2 hours of that was solid reading. But I found and fixed the issue and I will now remember it forever. smile Ocassionally I have had to come and ask but very rare that happens/ed.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 15 March 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14430
Joined  2003-10-09

Also, try lowering the Shadow Bias setting on your shadow casting lights - if it’s too high (it’s an offset, in cm) light gets into spaces like the mouth and the nostrils with odd effects.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 March 2013 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2013-03-07

Thank you Richard :D

Posted: 15 March 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2011-12-09

50s is still young!

Posted: 15 March 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
batesyboy - 15 March 2013 06:05 PM

50s is still young!

yeah but look at the handle. Sorry dippyblonde I couldn’t resist. smile

Seriously there are a lot of women here that are much older doing some amazing things hobby wise and commerically and some excellent code writers amoung them. I find they have a different way of looking at making things and come out with some great products.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery