Digital Art Zone

8 of 9
Show off your photos
Posted: 30 June 2012 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  334
Joined  2008-06-29

It seems to have gone a bit quiet so I thought I might post a couple more pictures, taken a couple of weeks back in the gardens of a local stately house.

Image Attachments
Iris-1.jpg
Iris-2.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 30 June 2012 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2006-05-12

very nice shot kinicth

love the first one

Signature 

my photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thadeus72/

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8142
Joined  2009-05-14

Bearded Irises, Nice shots again Kinich

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 30 June 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-29

Thanks thadeus72 & Szark.

Yes, bearded Irises, I am rather partial to Irises & they make good subjects for photographs, interesting shapes and details and some some striking colours, but also some more subdued pastel colours like the second shot above. The gardens where I took the two above have quiet a selection on display.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 30 June 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-29

Some more, taken last summer in Snowdonia. The weather was very changeable, but we got lucky on the day we picked to go up Snowdon, the second shot is from the top, and yes we cheated and took the train.

Image Attachments
Snowdonia-1.jpg
Snowdonia-2.jpg
Snowdonia-3.jpg
Snowdonia-4.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 30 June 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16416
Joined  2003-10-09

Super photo’s. You were indeed lucky. I have to admit the only time we were in that area we also took the train.

You sould venture done this end of Wales one day, and take a trip on the Brecon Mountain Railway. Although it doesn’t take you up the highest mountain, it does still have some very photogenic scenery along the route.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 July 2012 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2033
Joined  0

Here are a few I took:

grin

Image Attachments
Caterpillar1.jpg
Image Attachments
kittens.jpg
lagoon1.jpg
atlanta.jpg
streetdance.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 07 July 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-29

I knew there was a photo thread I had posted in a while back (thought it would be better to use the old thread rather than start a new one just for this), I just didn’t realise how long ago it was so here it is back from the dead end of the forum with a bit of thread necromancy, and we’ll have to see how long this long dead thread can be kept shambling along this time,. So to start the ball rolling here’s a quick grab shot I took the other evening (and is now my desktop, 1680x1050 if anybody else has an urge to use it as the same then please do so but please don’t repost anywhere).

This a quick shot I took of Sparkie, one of two young cats we have recently rehomed, apart from their tendency to regularly sleep in the beds bought for them (somewhat uncatlike in my experience) Sparkie in particular likes to sleep in slightly unusual positions.

It made me laugh out loud so I just had to post it.

Oh, to be young & flexible again, not that I was ever that flexible.

Image Attachments
Sparkie-Sleeping-LR-PSB2013.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-29

Okay, here are some more serious photographs, all taken last weekend on a visit to Hatfield Forest, a local National Trust site just up the road from us.

Image Attachments
Butterfly_1_-_Hatfield_Forest_2013_-_PSB.jpgButterfly_2_-_Hatfield_Forest_2013_-_PSB.jpgDamselfly_-_Hatfield_Forest_2013_-_PSB.jpgSquirrel_-_Hatfield_Forest_2013_-_PSB.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Kinich - 07 July 2013 06:25 AM

I knew there was a photo thread I had posted in a while back (thought it would be better to use the old thread rather than start a new one just for this), I just didn’t realise how long ago it was so here it is back from the dead end of the forum with a bit of thread necromancy, and we’ll have to see how long this long dead thread can be kept shambling along this time,. So to start the ball rolling here’s a quick grab shot I took the other evening (and is now my desktop, 1680x1050 if anybody else has an urge to use it as the same then please do so but please don’t repost anywhere).

This a quick shot I took of Sparkie, one of two young cats we have recently rehomed, apart from their tendency to regularly sleep in the beds bought for them (somewhat uncatlike in my experience) Sparkie in particular likes to sleep in slightly unusual positions.

It made me laugh out loud so I just had to post it.

Oh, to be young & flexible again, not that I was ever that flexible.

You were that flexiable you just didn’t know as you were asleep. :- )

Great photos. And on the cat front I love the new O2 add over here…Be a bit more DOG! hoooowlllllllllllllllll

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

ANd of course Pete you just knew that some people, like me who has no TV, would have to go find that ad.

Great Photo’s Kinich, Your cat is really unusual using the bed provided, the only time any of mine have done that is when the bed was provided fro the Dog.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

LOL never crossed my evil mind chohole

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Of course it didn’t <insert rolleyes smiley here>

One of my current cats, when younger, already laying claim to people places You can almost see the thought going through her head “I got here first, you go sit somewhere else”

Image Attachments
steffi_close.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2013 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1676
Joined  2013-04-23

Of course it didin’t Szark.. you really want us to believe that dear? *insert wickedly teasing smile*

I raise you a couple of pics of my (former) ferrets for that one Szark *wink*

1. Kotetsu was wanting to help me unpack after I had moved into this place… never mind the fact that most of it was put there to be thrown away *laughs* Atleast he had a lot of fun making a mess.

2. Had a small outhouse that used to be use for hens, but after doing some work on it, including making it “safe from escapes” the ferrets got a new house which they loved *smiles* And no matter what we did, there were always one or two that managed to find a way to sneak out now and than, darn rascals *laughs*

Image Attachments
20100116_001_kotetsu_co.jpg20091118_009_ferretgang_eagle_co.jpg
 Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

Posted: 07 July 2013 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Carola O - 07 July 2013 07:57 AM

Of course it didin’t Szark.. you really want us to believe that dear? *insert wickedly teasing smile*

I raise you a couple of pics of my (former) ferrets for that one Szark *wink*

1. Kotetsu was wanting to help me unpack after I had moved into this place… never mind the fact that most of it was put there to be thrown away *laughs* Atleast he had a lot of fun making a mess.

2. Had a small outhouse that used to be use for hens, but after doing some work on it, including making it “safe from escapes” the ferrets got a new house which they loved *smiles* And no matter what we did, there were always one or two that managed to find a way to sneak out now and than, darn rascals *laughs*

Ferrets are like that. Both in the “helping” and in the escaping. We built a purpose built frret court, with a concrete base and the wire set in below the level of the base, but the little beggars still got out on occasion. Unfortunately all my ferret photos, in fact most of my photos, are on film, and I need a new scanner as the one I have is way old and won’t work with my new system.

Signature 

8 of 9