Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
AtticAnne’s Attempts at Art
Posted: 10 June 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2009
Joined  2011-07-31

I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it.  I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made.  Any help will be deeply appreciated.  I’m not saying Studio is hard, but…

Image Attachments
at_barebackhorseandrider4.jpg
at_camp5.jpg
at_jackie_soccerR1b.png
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01

just keep having fun - nice action snap

you got ice tea in the cooler ?

on the horse - does she have clothes on ?

Posted: 14 June 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2009-01-12
AtticAnne - 10 June 2012 10:01 PM

I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it.  I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made.  Any help will be deeply appreciated.  I’m not saying Studio is hard, but…

I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? LOL

I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

I am still keeping my scenes simple after 3 years of being a Daz user LOL

If there are areas you you require specific help with just holler…..!

Posted: 21 June 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

The Mil horse is supposed to be wearing the blanket from Opti-tex.  It was supposed to be a circus/carnival horse with a rider.  If I ever got the blanket positioned, then I was going to glitz it up for the circus.

I’m rotating this one to the bottom of my to-do list.  Things are slowly beginning to click and maybe by the time it comes up again I will have learned how to put the blanket on the horse.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 June 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
bigh - 13 June 2012 03:15 AM

just keep having fun - nice action snap

you got ice tea in the cooler ?

on the horse - does she have clothes on ?

The ball player is for my grandson Sasha.  He got to play soccer last fall and loves it. 

I don’t think there is anything in the cooler, but it looks like I dropped a fork on the ground.

That poor horse.  I just cannot get the blasted blanket positioned.  If I ever do, then I’ll probably find out I can’t position the rider or her hat.  I think at one point I had the horse wearing the hat on its neck.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 June 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
kylumi - 14 June 2012 07:24 AM

I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? LOL

I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

Thanks for taking a look and critiquing.  My family is becoming used to my gales of laughter and just say, well, she’s playing with DAZ again.  You just think the camping scene works because I didn’t show all of it.  Somewhere there are baked potatoes with pats of butter floating off into outer space.  I sure did jump into this with lofty ambitions. 

You are right about keeping it simple.  The first thing I ever tried involved 2 guys sitting in front of a bear den.  My daughter wouldn’t even let me keep it on my computer—didn’t want Sasha to see it and I had managed to get the guys into very compromising poses.  So all tries at that got deleted.  But I laughed until I cried.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 June 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Heeerreeee’s Amy, dressed in an elven outfit.  This was easier that most.

Image Attachments
at_Amy_elven5_small.png
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 June 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Anne is getting the hang of it! I like this one, so CUTE!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01

the blanket is fun to use - I put it on lots of models for a contest ( didn’t win ) - had fun for sure
if I can find the snaps , will post one

Posted: 22 June 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
Jaderail - 21 June 2012 12:43 PM

Anne is getting the hang of it! I like this one, so CUTE!

Thank you, Jade.  It was a spur-of-the-moment to see if the elven dress would easily fit Amy and it did with no problems.  I love DAZ 4.  I have 3 books being delivered today—2 on Bryce and the Avatars book.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 22 June 2012 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-12
AtticAnne - 21 June 2012 11:42 AM
kylumi - 14 June 2012 07:24 AM

Thanks for taking a look and critiquing.  My family is becoming used to my gales of laughter and just say, well, she’s playing with DAZ again.  You just think the camping scene works because I didn’t show all of it.  Somewhere there are baked potatoes with pats of butter floating off into outer space.  I sure did jump into this with lofty ambitions. 

You are right about keeping it simple.  The first thing I ever tried involved 2 guys sitting in front of a bear den.  My daughter wouldn’t even let me keep it on my computer—didn’t want Sasha to see it and I had managed to get the guys into very compromising poses.  So all tries at that got deleted.  But I laughed until I cried.

ROFL…...............and, that is exactly what it is all about…........having fun as you go.
My family used to laugh themselves silly at my stuff….......now, I charge them for viewings LOL

Posted: 22 June 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-12
AtticAnne - 21 June 2012 11:45 AM

Heeerreeee’s Amy, dressed in an elven outfit.  This was easier that most.

Now this image looks really super, and is the type of POV I would create myself.
My only problem with it is ...................... I am seeing multi-pixelation. Could you upload a Jpeg version for me to see, please? cool smile

Posted: 22 June 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

All I can say is you are coming along very well Anne. I love to watch new users get to the point that they out do me. I bet you catch and pass me before the year is out.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

The Caprinia Solarium set is quite large.  I keep losing my figures and props in it.  This is just a small shot of what I’ve done so far.

Image Attachments
at_CapriniaSolarium_Stinger3.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

This is David 3.  He got shoved to the back, but has now resurfaced.

Image Attachments
at_David3_Corroded4.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

You’ve been holding out on me. But that’s good. Now I see what you can do. I’ll keep this in mind for the next class. wink

Signature 

1 of 3