Digital Art Zone

7 of 101
Star Trek Builders Thread!
Posted: 02 June 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2003-10-13

Okay, great!! Good luck with those seams!

bluto - 02 June 2012 05:36 AM

mylochka , i think the bodysuit works wonderfully well with the cardy uniform in mind .
i that note i think in going to have to go back and re work the uniform , no matter what i try , it want to come apart at the seems
so if at first you dont succeed, .......
back to the modeler . post some progress pix soon gang

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the installer for old files downloaded from the new store not working?

Also, I wish the site wouldn’t make me re-log in every time I come back to the page… 
Does everyone else see a grey page for the forum?  I miss the old black page I used to see when I was logged in.  Somehow it was easier to read.  I do like how the new form has the bold italic and underline buttons within easy reach.  You can change the size and color pretty easily too.

Signature 

Share and enjoy Trek artwork at http://startrekartistsunite.deviantart.com/

Posted: 02 June 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9569
Joined  2007-11-06

There’s a fix for the corrupted downloads here:  http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

What browser do you use?  I use Color My Site in Firefox to invert the forum colors.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 02 June 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2010-02-13

it is more of a ng look but i like the tos uniform. i like mixing the two a little

Posted: 03 June 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2004-10-05

ok guys i think i need a little help here, i need to find someone that knows how to rig clothing for poser.
i spent the better part of the morning re building the bardassian battel vest .,
i am much much happier with this mesh than the previous one however i just cant seem to get it to a turn into a conforming clothing figure it wants to split at the seams between body parts when posed

Image Attachments
Render_1_(25).jpg

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-10-05

it also fits nicely over the m4 bodysuit

Image Attachments
cardy_vest_77.jpg

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-04-02

Bluto that looks awesome.

Now this next statement will most likely reveal my extreme ignorance of how clothing works, but I think the breast plates are rigid armor on the Cardassians.  If you make it conforming, won’t that make it bend and re-shape to the models torso? I am asking for my own understanding, not trying to be critical of your terminology.

Thanks for making this armor cheese

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-10-05

that is right , if the clothing conforms then it moves with the figure it is conforms too . that also means in theory when that figure is posed there should be minimized poke through

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2003-10-09
bluto - 03 June 2012 06:44 AM

ok guys i think i need a little help here, i need to find someone that knows how to rig clothing for poser.
i spent the better part of the morning re building the bardassian battel vest .,
i am much much happier with this mesh than the previous one however i just cant seem to get it to a turn into a conforming clothing figure it wants to split at the seams between body parts when posed

First off, were you bitten by a bat as a child wink.

The vest looks great! Really nice textures and details. As for it splitting at the seams, it sounds like you have the groups separated in the mesh - you probably just need to weld your points, so as the mesh moves, one group stays attached to the adjacent group(s).

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-10-05

how did you guess , it was very tragic ,
the batt did not survive ,it died of bluto poisoning .
be that as it may ,

i still have no idea how to weld the groups together in the poser figure rigging tool . it groups the prop but i really havent any idea how to weld the groups

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1474
Joined  2004-07-16

Anyone remember who built the model of the Aqua shuttle? I’m working on the credits for Part 3 of “A Tale of Two Captains” and I want to give credit for it.

Posted: 03 June 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2009-01-14

another render

thinking of doing a series kinda like baseball cards

Image Attachments
Enterprise-card-ltjg-female1sm.jpg
 Signature 

my art: http://mototsume.deviantart.com/
or http://mototsume.webege.com/
freebies:  http://mototsume.webege.com/downloads.htm

Old Post Count: 1773

Posted: 03 June 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14

Bridge Crew for the U.S.S. Von der Tann

From left to right:

Lt Joy Jacobs, Damage Control Officer - DAZ SP4
LtCdr Merit Bakhoum, Chief Engineer - Sydney G2
Lt Izumi Sato, Helmsman - SM Miki 2
LtCdr Guang Syun, Navigator - SM G2 Male Koji2
Cpt Olga Kasyanova, - DAZ V4
Lt James Griffin, Defense Officer - Apollo Maximus
Cdr Zletha Daz, Executive Officer - Daz V3
Lt Mandeep Gaude, Electronic Warfare Officer - Daz M3,
Lt Annon (The Party Starts Now!) Intimskorian, Cartography Officer - Daz M4
LtCdr Balor, Communications Officer - Daz D3

On the Von der Tann  not only do we have more than DAZ Gen 4 characters, we even allow non-caucasians to join Starfleet.

Image Attachments
VdT_Bridge_Crew_Photo_Shoot-posting_size.png
 Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s quite a group, how long did it take to put it together?

Signature 

“Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
I’ll draw a sketch of thee,
What kind of pencil shall I use?
2B or not 2B?”
—Spike Milligan

Illegitimis non est carborundum

old Post count: 1291

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14
Charlie Tuna - 03 June 2012 11:10 PM

That’s quite a group, how long did it take to put it together?

Several hours over this past weekend.  I changed my mind about several things while I was putting it together.  That doesn’t include the clothing conversions - I had done them a while back - I LOVE WARDROBE WIZARD!!.

I put it together in sections.  Support, then Tactical, then Cmd/Nav, then Engineering.  I pulled up the Bridge base & positioned each section, deleted the bridge base & then saved as a pz3.  In the end, I loaded the bridge base again, added the ceiling & lights & then brought in each personnel section and finally added the lights.

It took 3 tries on the rendering due to a problem I was having with the pants texture on Lt Griffin (Apollo Maximus) 

The scene goes about 3.7 Gb in real memory, & another 4G in Virtual memory. 

It is a pain because PoserPro 2012’s gui gets erratic once you go over 3Gb in real memory.  SM is aware of the issue & they are trying to track the problem down.  Memory isn’t the problem - I have 22Gb in my MacPro, I shouldn’t even be using virtual memory, my swap file is 4.7 megabytes - I am finding problems that people with 8Gb or less don’t see.  As an example, no matter what I set my bucket size to, I can’t get Poser to use over 6Gb of real memory.  Same amount of time & memory whether I have bucketsize of 64 or 1024.

The next part is to get everyone in positions.  I will do a port side, a starboard side & a front/turbolift view side.  That way, I don’t have to have more than 5 people in each scene and with the canned scenes I just have to change poses, expressions & camera views.

And more characters & meshes coming:

Von der Tann’s Legal officer <LtCdr Lorraine Bertrand> - Kez character mesh

Starfleet CNO Adm. Yamazaki - Rikishi character mesh

Vasco De Gama Commander - Kayleigh McFarland - Alyson 2 (Anastasia) Mesh

Tiger Executive Officer <LtCdr no name yet> - Antonia character mesh

There is still Eternal Judy, G2 Olivia & Jessi, G2 Simon, Kelvin & James, G1 James & Koji, FemaSu, Dina V, H3 & A3, Maya Doll, Miki 1 & 3, Ryan2, Terai Yuki2, V2, M2, Stephanie, Stepanie Petite 3,Mill Kids, Luke & Laura (my characters have families - unlike the characters in Trek) to go.

Signature 

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14

The U.S.S. Von der Tann is the central location for the stories I am working on.  She is a Renown class Armored Cruiser.  The Renown class were emergency wartime construction (based on the Republic class cruiser design) during the last Federation-Kizinti war.  The entire class was used during the final assaults on Kizinti defenses.  Most were heavily damaged and/or destroyed by the end of the war.  The Federation & Starfleet decided that it would be cheaper and more cost effective to build a new class of replacement cruisers (The Constitution Class) rather than repeat the Renown class.

The Renown class was faster and more maneuverable, but each ship cost 12% more to build and operate, had 40% less endurance in comparison to the Constitution class and there was very little in the way of space for science or crew comforts.  The remaining units were towed to several different mothball sites & left to rot.

The story picks up with the Von der Tann and her sisters, along with a bunch of other “ash & trash” is hurriedly reactivated as the 3rd Klingon-Kizinti war breaks out.  8th Fleet is reactivated as 4th fleet is moved to the Klingon border.  The 8th fleet is last in line for ships and personnel, hence the Renowns, Saladin block 1 class, and anything else Starfleet can get moving.

The command structure is a mish-mash of Starfleet, Federation Survey, UWP ground forces, and planetary reserve forces.  The fleet assignment is simply to cover an open border with no multi-system polities that the Federation knows of.

What could possibly go wrong?

Image Attachments
VdT_Oblique-Small.png
 Signature 

7 of 101