91 of 101
Star Trek Builders Thread!
Posted: 13 October 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1351 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  2004-07-16
TheCastellan - 13 October 2012 06:53 PM

There a way, for example to put okudagrams on Ptrope’s TOS bridge?  I am trying and on the black of the panels, it stays black.

Thanks.

Try making the black panels white before you apply the texture. Black wipes out any other color.

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1352 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  474
Joined  2009-07-12
mdbruffy - 13 October 2012 07:06 PM

There a way, for example to put okudagrams on Ptrope’s TOS bridge?  I am trying and on the black of the panels, it stays black.

Thanks.

Try making the black panels white before you apply the texture. Black wipes out any other color.

Not to sound like an ass, but to requote two pages back…

Diffuse is the primary texture, this needs to be set to 255,255,255 at 100% in the slider below it. In Ptropes TOS bridge set many of the screens around the bridge are set to 0,0,0 at 100%, and render as black screens,  just go around the room and fix them…easy.

ie go around the room to all the panels and ensure they are set to 255,255,255 (ie white and set the slider bar to the top for max setting of that colour)  if you wish to change the image ensure what you choose is square for the lower panets and for the upper panels 800x600 or a division there of.

(for some reason DAZ’s forum has placed the image in the reversed order…please start from the bottom and work upward….sorry…this Canadian/American can only do so much.)

Image Attachments
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
 Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1353 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
PDSmith - 13 October 2012 07:37 PM
mdbruffy - 13 October 2012 07:06 PM

Thanks.

Not to sound like an ass, but to requote two pages back…

Diffuse is the primary texture, this needs to be set to 255,255,255 at 100% in the slider below it. In Ptropes TOS bridge set many of the screens around the bridge are set to 0,0,0 at 100%, and render as black screens,  just go around the room and fix them…easy.

ie go around the room to all the panels and ensure they are set to 255,255,255 (ie white and set the slider bar to the top for max setting of that colour)  if you wish to change the image ensure what you choose is square for the lower panets and for the upper panels 800x600 or a division there of.

(for some reason DAZ’s forum has placed the image in the reversed order…please start from the bottom and work upward….sorry…this Canadian/American can only do so much.)

Okay.  Poser’s not that involved….Thankfully.rolleyes

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1354 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-12
mdbruffy - 13 October 2012 07:44 PM

It’s not really that bad…I was nukeing it.  ie over simplifying it.

Just to playfully rib you Madison;  I could say your program’s Material room with all those nodes is overty confusing to the beginner.

As I’ve held to since I started DAZ Studio 4 years ago…both programs have their advantages and epic failures.

By the way to all Poser users I have this question would help me in my own learning of Poser.
In DAZ I can control a camera like a prop and am able to parent/child 5 light sources, plus the IBL (image based light) to that camera.  That way when I move the camera around for various scenes the lights always stay in the same angle the camera is.  (ie when the camera moves the lights will follow with no deviation.)

Is poser able able do this?  And it’s now a matter of why would I want to do this…its a matter I do want to do this for specific looks and style.

-Paul

One last thing…has anyone ever considered a Star Trek Bridge construction kit for TNG era?

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1355 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
PDSmith - 13 October 2012 08:01 PM
mdbruffy - 13 October 2012 07:44 PM

It’s not really that bad…I was nukeing it.  ie over simplifying it.

Just to playfully rib you Madison;  I could say your program’s Material room with all those nodes is overty confusing to the beginner.

As I’ve held to since I started DAZ Studio 4 years ago…both programs have their advantages and epic failures.

By the way to all Poser users I have this question would help me in my own learning of Poser.
In DAZ I can control a camera like a prop and am able to parent/child 5 light sources, plus the IBL (image based light) to that camera.  That way when I move the camera around for various scenes the lights always stay in the same angle the camera is.  (ie when the camera moves the lights will follow with no deviation.)

Is poser able able do this?  And it’s now a matter of why would I want to do this…its a matter I do want to do this for specific looks and style.

-Paul

I’ve heard that it is- but I’ve never done it that way. My background comes from doing live theatre in college. So I tend to set my lights up more along the lines of a live stage show or a sound studio. In other words, I light the set then I worry about positiong the camera.
  The Dolly camera is the most moveable and positionable camera in Poser. When I need to move it, I switch to a top view, click on the property option making the camera visable, then I click on the camera itself and move it where I want it. Once in the approximate position, I’ll switch back to the Dolly Camera for some final refinement in the position and angle.

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1356 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a post to jumpstart notifications again

Signature 

Old Posts: 2913
The person who makes no mistakes usually doesn’t make anything—-Edward J. Phelps

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1357 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-07-20

survey

Image Attachments
547966_3825887174977_324654568_n.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1358 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-10-18

at first i thought that was a real image! what render settings did you use?

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1359 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4680
Joined  2012-04-07
PDSmith - 13 October 2012 08:01 PM

,,, edit ...
One last thing…has anyone ever considered a Star Trek Bridge construction kit for TNG era?

Well considering is one thing, getting it done is another! Not sure which eras these are, found one called “2” and one called “6” that I was hoping to get done by ‘DD’ but ... could be next year’s at this rate, sigh.

Doesth thou happen to know of one which is not requiring a complete remake in order to make a kit out of it?

That liver image from my recent release of liver treats makes an interesting texture here shown on the floor and roof, and the character is just a doodle as I’m still setting up my new computer trying to find everything.

Image Attachments
start.jpgtakingmytime.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1360 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-07-20

Just daz 4 and reality2

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1361 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

Okay, Guys and Gals and Others, listen up! In my next Nova Trek, there are two News Broadcasts and like their 20th century counterparts, they have commericals. I have slots for 6. Thalek and Mylochka have already sent me theirs. Bluto, Rduda and Ptrope, you can send me yours any time now.
This leaves one slot left. The commerical has to be 2 panels. You can work as large as you want as long as they can be reduced down to 450 pixels wide by 350 tall. Send dialogue seperately so I can size it to match the rest in the story.The idea is to present a glimpse of the civilian side of TOS Trek- what would be for sale in the 23rd century?
If you’ve got a good idea and you’re intrested. PM me. I’ll have a section at the end of the book in the credits for the commericals and who did them.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1362 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2003-10-09

Here’s Part II, Page 06 of my webcomic for those who are interested…

David

Image Attachments
Page_6A_preview.jpg

Posted: 16 October 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1363 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Today’s progress ... plus there’s a TOS sweater WIP for V4.

Image Attachments
wip.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 16 October 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1364 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-12

To all DAZ users and you few Poser users learning DAZ.

BlackFeather1973 has made a plugin for DAZ Studio to make posing of the Genesis character much easier.

As a die hard user of Powerpose, I have to complain and say to the programers of DAZ. This plugin tool should have been updated with D|S when Genesis first came out.

Well thank fully it has been now.

The below is a link to the forum thread for the needed fix

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9650/P30/#136966

Mid page is the entry, with file download and patch to the template file.

The image posted of the pins for Genesis are not all shown at once in the TAB but by body, head, and hands.
(BTW. I had no idea there were so many moving parts on Genesis!)

-Paul

Signature 

Posted: 16 October 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1365 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
PDSmith - 16 October 2012 05:52 PM

To all DAZ users and you few Poser users learning DAZ.

BlackFeather1973 has made a plugin for DAZ Studio to make posing of the Genesis character much easier.

As a die hard user of Powerpose, I have to complain and say to the programers of DAZ. This plugin tool should have been updated with D|S when Genesis first came out.

Well thank fully it has been now.

The below is a link to the forum thread for the needed fix

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9650/P30/#136966

Mid page is the entry, with file download and patch to the template file.

The image posted of the pins for Genesis are not all shown at once in the TAB but by body, head, and hands.
(BTW. I had no idea there were so many moving parts on Genesis!)

-Paul

Wow! Thank you for the HU! Something everybody can use grin

For Poser/Genesis users there’s this release too from Mec4D

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

UV Switcher DSON

Free atm.

Signature 

91 of 101