Digital Art Zone

6 of 6
RAMWorks Tutorials: PP2 and HR2 to figure & Painting Genesis in ZBrush
Posted: 04 December 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5130
Joined  2008-03-06

No, I ran into that as well.  It’s less a problem with hairs that are narrower in back (Sissy Lebeaux by SAV and Sonia both look okay) but it’s definitely there,  I just don’t have as many of those because they tend to cover up the clothes I’m trying to sell. :-D

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4595
Joined  2004-08-11

HAHAHA… of course honey!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 06 December 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2011-11-17
RAMWolff - 04 December 2012 10:25 AM

Ah, well that’s a whole different area I’m afraid.  It would be nice if DAZ would update the GoZ to give options to export with materials but that’s not the case.

Alright now I need to manually apply Runtime textures onto Genesis in Zbrush I guess… Thanks for the link!

Posted: 10 March 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

I’ve followed the tute to successfully convert a number of hair props for Genesis. It works like da bomb! Thank you.

However, I have a few hair figures (CR2) I’m not having luck with. When I load them, DS asks if I wish to autofit. If I do that, it mucks up the geometry (for long hair) because the sides get messed up similar to what autofit does with some shoes.

Is there a way to “convert” V4 CR2 hair to position it correctly for Genesiss head only without autofit eating up the hair geometry? I’ve tried the convert prop to figure and the transfer steps but they don’t seem to work on CR2 hair.

Thanks

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 10 March 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4595
Joined  2004-08-11

If it’s by AprilYSH she actually used V3 and M3 for allot of her earlier hair styles even after V4 and M4 were on the market for a year.  There is a list here in the thread with all her hairs listed by figure created for originally It’s on page 4.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 March 2013 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5130
Joined  2008-03-06
cridgit - 10 March 2013 05:20 PM

I’ve followed the tute to successfully convert a number of hair props for Genesis. It works like da bomb! Thank you.

However, I have a few hair figures (CR2) I’m not having luck with. When I load them, DS asks if I wish to autofit. If I do that, it mucks up the geometry (for long hair) because the sides get messed up similar to what autofit does with some shoes.

Is there a way to “convert” V4 CR2 hair to position it correctly for Genesiss head only without autofit eating up the hair geometry? I’ve tried the convert prop to figure and the transfer steps but they don’t seem to work on CR2 hair.

Thanks

When autofit comes up, say no/cancel. It will let the hair load unconverted.  Then with cr2 hair, instead of “convert prop to figure” you go directly to “convert to TriAx weight mapping.”  Then TU will work.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 24 December 2013 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2349
Joined  2007-12-13

Hi,

Thanks to that brilliant hair tutorial I was able to get Guillaume Hair to work on M6, it mystified me as to to why Neftis made that an hr2 (That’s a Poser format, and FiberMesh hair won’t even load in Poser.) and not a conforming style, if it had been then I could have used autofit. Still, the tutorial worked and I can now use it as I intended to.

I owe you a big debt of gratitude, as I would have returned the hair (which I actually did a year ago when I previously bought it for Poser) had I not found your tutorial

CHEERS!

PS (The render took 4 1/2 hours!)

Image Attachments
M6_Guillaume_Hair_New.jpg

Posted: 24 December 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6163
Joined  2006-02-20
Rogerbee - 24 December 2013 04:12 AM

... it mystified me as to to why Neftis made that an hr2 (That’s a Poser format, and FiberMesh hair won’t even load in Poser.) ...

I don’t have Guillaume ... but why shouldn’t FiberMesh hair load in Poser???
It’s Geometry (very much geometry, LOL), not curves like LAMH or Garibaldi or PoserDynamic hair.

Nikkou hair fitted to the BalljointBoy (a bit in a hurry - with more time I could do better) and rendered in PP2014
He doesn’t know what you are talking about ... LOL
(Just a fun render, because I had to test your statement)

Merry Christmas!

Image Attachments
BalljointboyNikkouHair.jpg
 Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 24 December 2013 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2349
Joined  2007-12-13

Ok, it would appear that ‘some’ will load, but, when I tried to load Guillaume Hair in PP2012, it just stalled and sat for ages not doing anything, I tried everything I could, but, nothing would happen. It’s possible it had a high polygon count and may have loaded eventually, but, I was too fed up by then to want to do anything more with it. Still, I’m solely a DS user now, so it doesn’t really matter.

Merry Christmas to you too!

CHEERS!

6 of 6