1. no thing; not anything; naught: to say nothing.
2. no part, share, or trace (usually followed by of ): The house showed nothing of its former magnificence.
3. something that is nonexistent.
4. nonexistence; nothingness: The sound faded to nothing.
5. something or someone of no importance or significance: Money is nothing when you’re without health.
6. a trivial action, matter, circumstance, thing, or remark: to exchange a few nothings when being introduced.
7. a person of little or no importance; a nobody.
8. something that is without quantity or magnitude.
9. a cipher or naught: Nothing from nine leaves nine.
10. (used in conventional responses to expressions of thanks): Think nothing of it. It’s nothing. Nothing to it.