Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
since when is speculating or wishful thinking forbidden at daz place?
Posted: 11 March 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 11 March 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13403
Joined  2003-10-09

When it is presented as fact, potentially confusing readers who don’t have the poster’s measure.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 11 March 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

think it’s more my bad english writting that ‘s confusing.
but we’ll learn everyday smile

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 11 March 2013 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

I used to work for a software company and yes they are paranoid about discussing “next releases” and “new features”. When I read your other post I thought “yep, somebody’s going to have a go at that”.

Don’t take it personally, its just good business wink

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 17 March 2013 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2009-04-14
fixme12 - 11 March 2013 10:19 AM

If DAZ even thinks it might be critical of their policies or procedures, you can be certain they’ll scrub it, and likely send you a nasty-gram, as well.

Posted: 17 March 2013 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15115
Joined  2003-10-09

Really ????????????????

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 17 March 2013 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3080
Joined  2007-06-22
Sarsifus - 17 March 2013 04:57 AM
fixme12 - 11 March 2013 10:19 AM

If DAZ even thinks it might be critical of their policies or procedures, you can be certain they’ll scrub it, and likely send you a nasty-gram, as well.

Yep

Posted: 17 March 2013 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-14

Perhaps “certain” isn’t the right word—“likely” or “very likely” might be more accurate.

Posted: 17 March 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ 3D is big enough to accept critcism, but when unsubstantiated speculation is presented as fact then it is misleading and therefore totally inaccurate.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge

Posted: 17 March 2013 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
chohole - 17 March 2013 06:07 AM

DAZ 3D is big enough to accept critcism, but when unsubstantiated speculation is presented as fact then it is misleading and therefore totally inaccurate.

That’s a laugh. DAZ is THE most thin-skinned and overly-sentsitive company I’ve ever dealt with—ask around, and you’ll find that I’m far from the only person who holds that opinion. I’ve had issues from time to time with the other 3D markets, like Renderosity and Runtime DNA and Content Paradise, and NONE of them come across as high-handed, uncommunicative, or inflexible as DAZ does. Something changed at DAZ this past year—I dunno what, but it’s not good, and if the things I’ve read and the things I’ve been told are to be believed, it’s cost them a lot of PC members and a lot of lost revenue in subscriptions and sales.

DAZ’s admins regularly scrub posts that question or critique its actions and decisions—hardly “big enough to accept criticism”. God forbid a little honest dissent intrude into the sanitized facade they try to maintain.

Posted: 17 March 2013 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2011-12-26
Sarsifus - 17 March 2013 06:15 AM
chohole - 17 March 2013 06:07 AM

That’s a laugh. DAZ is THE most thin-skinned and overly-sentsitive company I’ve ever dealt with—ask around, and you’ll find that I’m far from the only person who holds that opinion. I’ve had issues from time to time with the other 3D markets, like Renderosity and Runtime DNA and Content Paradise, and NONE of them come across as high-handed, uncommunicative, or inflexible as DAZ does. Something changed at DAZ this past year—I dunno what, but it’s not good, and if the things I’ve read and the things I’ve been told are to be believed, it’s cost them a lot of PC members and a lot of lost revenue in subscriptions and sales.

DAZ’s admins regularly scrub posts that question or critique its actions and decisions—hardly “big enough to accept criticism”. God forbid a little honest dissent intrude into the sanitized facade they try to maintain.

I totally agree with this.

Posted: 17 March 2013 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2693
Joined  2009-02-24

Is this going anywhere besides the gutter? If you have complaints, then make them. Venomous posts like this just inflame people on both sides with nothing constructive coming out of it. The majority of removed criticism posts tended to be duplicates of existing threads. Contrary to popular belief, we don’t really need twelve threads on the same topic as happened late last year.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 17 March 2013 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2011-12-26

HeraldOfFire, we do make complaints and we are jumped on for doing so (see your own post) and yes it will get us nowhere. I will simply say that it is not constructive of you or anyone else to jump to Daz’s defense and claim that those who make a complaint should not. There are legitimate issues/problems that people are having here and these forums were supposed to be where we could come for help or to let our voices be heard. So if it takes 12 threads for it to be heard then it takes 12 threads.

I am being turned off by everything I am seeing and that is not good for Daz as I am a paying customer. I still stay because I hope that things can turn around and become more like it once was.

I have poser 2012 and Daz 4.5 and I can say that I am a Daz user and that is why I voice my concerns and yes complaints. I love the software and the wonderful products that are made for it. What I don’t like is the lousy attitude that as customers a lot have been subjected to.

This is JMO and I believe that I have the option to voice it.

Posted: 17 March 2013 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ 3D staff rarely read the forums, so, whether there is one or 12 threads on the same subject, it is doubtful that they are actually seeing the criticism that is being leveled at them. You should remember that the forums are here for the forum members, not for DAZ 3D Staff. So the only people you are expressing your feeling to are other forum members.

When criticism posted in the forums contains inaccuracies or assigns inaccurate and potentially damaging unsubstantiated speculaltive thoughts as fact, then it will indeed be removed.

It has been said many times that if you have something that you feel the need to communicate to DAZ 3D, then you do need to contact DAZ 3D to do that, by using the support system.

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2013 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2006-09-14

In my own experience, complaining only makes others defensive. Asking to find ways to make things better or how one may help usually lead to a more positive response.

Signature 

My life and times: http://bryonlape.com/

Posted: 17 March 2013 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
HeraldOfFire - 17 March 2013 06:56 AM

Is this going anywhere besides the gutter? If you have complaints, then make them. Venomous posts like this just inflame people on both sides with nothing constructive coming out of it. The majority of removed criticism posts tended to be duplicates of existing threads. Contrary to popular belief, we don’t really need twelve threads on the same topic as happened late last year.

Thanks for proving my point—this ISN’T venomous, it’s truth. Fixme12 asked a very appropriate question, and I gave him a very honest and accurate answer.

1 of 2