Digital Art Zone

35 of 100
Luxus discussion
Posted: 15 March 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 511 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-01-03

SpericLabs,

No I can see objects but .....well I can show you. here are some renders that I just did you can tell by the name what they are, 3Delight, reality and then the Luxus render. nothing was changed in any way between renders…and the render setting were basically default.

Image Attachments
Test13Delight.jpgTest1Reality.jpgTest1Luxus.jpg

Posted: 15 March 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 512 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1612
Joined  2005-02-25
SphericLabs - 15 March 2013 11:03 AM

Very cool people.

The Gamma things has me a little confused, but I will get to the bottom of it.

Not that I can control this nor would I want to. I know this may come across as a strange request, but I am a big fan of credit where credit is due.  Luxus really does not deserve the credit for your renders.  LuxRender does.  Maybe watermark them with LuxRender instead?

With greatest respect, I feel luxus DOES deserve credit.  Because of its easier use, translation of textures, I was making a render successfully by 1st attempt. WOW.

Posted: 15 March 2013 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 513 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  482
Joined  2013-02-02
nreed - 15 March 2013 07:24 PM

SpericLabs,

No I can see objects but .....well I can show you. here are some renders that I just did you can tell by the name what they are, 3Delight, reality and then the Luxus render. nothing was changed in any way between renders…and the render setting were basically default.

interesting.  Try using the GUI and adjusting the light groups individually.  see which light is doing that blue.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 514 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-03

It is the Sky2 that is creating the blue, if I change the black body temp the hue changes but across the entire pic. If Sky2 is turned off the pic goes to black and white…..maybe a re-install of the plugin and or lux?  btw Lux is the newest release downloaded and installed last night.

Posted: 15 March 2013 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 515 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
nreed - 15 March 2013 08:44 PM

It is the Sky2 that is creating the blue, if I change the black body temp the hue changes but across the entire pic. If Sky2 is turned off the pic goes to black and white…..maybe a re-install of the plugin and or lux?  btw Lux is the newest release downloaded and installed last night.

try using a Sun Sky2

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 516 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02

Both Sun’s and Sk2’s color is determined by the angle of the vector, like the real sun.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 517 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2005-05-03

Hi everyone now I have worked out the lights (thank you all very much for that, can anyone help me with saving the render so you can restart it again.

I have read the docs telling me how to but I am simply just not getting it.

I have saved the FLM file but when I click on it to restart render all it gives me is a blank screen and nothing there, I know I am doing something wrong.

It is looking for a lxs file not a flm file.

I feel like a complete idiot here.

Thanks

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 518 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
Sprinkles - 15 March 2013 10:09 PM

Hi everyone now I have worked out the lights (thank you all very much for that, can anyone help me with saving the render so you can restart it again.

I have read the docs telling me how to but I am simply just not getting it.

I have saved the FLM file but when I click on it to restart render all it gives me is a blank screen and nothing there, I know I am doing something wrong.

It is looking for a lxs file not a flm file.

I feel like a complete idiot here.

Thanks

If you want to do that, you best to control which folder the .xls gets saved to.  Choose Render To: Image File.  Choose a folder and a name.  Use the GUI and your .xls will be in that folder.  a .flm will get saved right next to it every 60 seconds of rendering.

To Resume, launch LuxRender, Chose File Resume.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 519 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
SphericLabs - 15 March 2013 10:12 PM

To Resume, launch LuxRender, Chose File Resume.

If you don’t choose Resume, it will start over from the beginning…you do have 60 seconds to stop Luxrender (don’t use Save and Exit…that immediately will write a new flm file) before it overwrites the current flm.  Lux should remember the last state, and since the default for Luxus, that’s 60 seconds.  I’ve done that twice tonight…luckily I caught it in time, both times.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 520 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-03

SpericLabs,

OK I re-installed the plugin and that made a big difference. Mow my maps need some work, those are custom textures with normal and displacement maps so I need to figure out witch ones need tweeking for Luxus…read earlier that bumps need to be dropped way down so I will try lowering my displacement maps, I have not found anything about normal maps and luxus in the forums yet so any tips would be great. Oh I was playing with the some of the lens stuff so that is why it may look a bit fuzzy…...but here is the same scene with the default setting in Luxus.

Image Attachments
Test2Luxus.jpg

Posted: 16 March 2013 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 521 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  945
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m pretty pleased how this came out, though I had to figure out how to get the Modern Bed wood texture to render.  Initially it rendered with no texture.  I started with one of the Aiko loves Freak poses and changed both head shapes; contrast adjusted in Photoshop.  It was rendered overnight.

Image Attachments
Sleeping.jpg

Posted: 16 March 2013 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 522 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2005-05-03

Thank you, I can’t leave my comp rendering all day as I am sharing it, so this helps immensely

Posted: 16 March 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 523 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  756
Joined  2012-07-21

I think i made it to the point where i can start worrying about the smaller stuff, and start learning more of the parameters.
A big thank you to the community that got me up and running (first with Daz Studio and now again with Luxus/LuxRender).

Gonna let this one cook for a few more hours…
Inspiration Obvious.

Image Attachments
Archimedes.jpg
 Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 March 2013 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 524 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07
Kattey - 11 March 2013 09:04 AM

Out of box it is quite easy if you follow the manual ...

Okay everyone, forgive me please…. but ah… WHERE? ... is the manual? I’ve gone back to my downloads and I don’t see any documents or .pdf’s to download. Have I missed it? Where? Please?

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 16 March 2013 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 525 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
Mercedesk - 16 March 2013 09:00 AM
Kattey - 11 March 2013 09:04 AM

Out of box it is quite easy if you follow the manual ...

Okay everyone, forgive me please…. but ah… WHERE? ... is the manual? I’ve gone back to my downloads and I don’t see any documents or .pdf’s to download. Have I missed it? Where? Please?

The readme has a link to it.
-> http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15891/start

Signature 

-Spheric

35 of 100