Posted: 15 March 2013 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 481 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2779
Joined  2004-04-14
MarcCCTx - 15 March 2013 08:52 AM
Mattymanx - 15 March 2013 08:35 AM
SphericLabs - 15 March 2013 07:17 AM

Use the gui, turn the tonemapping to Linear, and adjust the light groups while it renders.

One of the Lux developers commented on the Light groups in Lux and basically stated that they are there for two main reasons

1.  So you can see how much you need to increase or decrease the gain on your lights in your exporter.  The Increasing or decreasing their values in the Lux GUI does not make them cast more or less light.

2.  Once you have done the step above and made your changes in the exporter, you can group ALL your lights together and it will use less memeory in LuxRender that way.

Well, it seems to be working. I’ll let it go while I’m at work. This is very cool, I don’t understand how it can make such drastic changes on the fly, but it does!

Does it matter how far along the render is, if I want to tweak the light groups some more?

Does not matter how far along it is.  The Lux GUI will let you make the adjustments on the fly.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 15 March 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 482 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2004-05-14

It looks like Luxus or LuxRender does not support double sided materials or am I missing something?
Below is a render of Victoria 5 wearing coat from Dragon Queen for Genesis Female - DrQueenCape
http://www.daz3d.com/dragon-queen-for-genesis-female
with materials from
Dragon Witches for Dragon Queen - 04_Cape
http://www.daz3d.com/dragon-witches-for-dragon-queen
The second image show a fragment of the cape rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro.

Image Attachments
V5Nichole08Lux149_95Sp26m.jpgV5Nichole07pic01gim01.jpg

Posted: 15 March 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 483 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2012-07-21
Mattymanx - 15 March 2013 09:00 AM

Use the gui, turn the tonemapping to Linear, and adjust the light groups while it renders.

One of the Lux developers commented on the Light groups in Lux and basically stated that they are there for two main reasons

1.  So you can see how much you need to increase or decrease the gain on your lights in your exporter.  The Increasing or decreasing their values in the Lux GUI does not make them cast more or less light.

2.  Once you have done the step above and made your changes in the exporter, you can group ALL your lights together and it will use less memeory in LuxRender that way.

Well, it seems to be working. I’ll let it go while I’m at work. This is very cool, I don’t understand how it can make such drastic changes on the fly, but it does!

Does it matter how far along the render is, if I want to tweak the light groups some more?

Does not matter how far along it is.  The Lux GUI will let you make the adjustments on the fly.

If you save the flm file, you can still make adjustments after rendering. Just reload your flm and adjust to your liking. Love that smile

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 March 2013 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 484 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4451
Joined  2004-08-11
SphericLabs - 14 March 2013 02:31 PM

The update to Luxus, version 1.0.0.3 is available for download in your accounts.

The following fixes made it into this release.
*  tiling is fixed. Just use the tiling in the studio parameters.
*  one light group per material. For when a single object has 2 light emitting materials.
*  default sampler is now metropolis
*  write flm option added and defaults to on
*  premultiply alpha added for alpha backgrounds and defaults to off.
*  gonomtric (IES) file, save file dialog as changed to open fiele dialog
*  SurfaceIntegrator “sppm” otion added
*  mitchell filter B and C are now written out

Not showing up in DIM for me yet.  BUT if I go to My Downloadable Products and click on the main installer it’s showing at 1003 but the content is still showing at 1002.  Is that right?  If so I’ll just get the main update and install it myself.  Thanks

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 15 March 2013 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 485 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19
RAMWolff - 15 March 2013 09:52 AM

The update to Luxus, version 1.0.0.3 is available for download in your accounts.

*  one light group per material. For when a single object has 2 light emitting materials.

Not showing up in DIM for me yet.  BUT if I go to My Downloadable Products and click on the main installer it’s showing at 1003 but the content is still showing at 1002.  Is that right?  If so I’ll just get the main update and install it myself.  Thanks

DIM won’t install plugins,  the content is not up to 1003.

you have to do manual download and install.

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 15 March 2013 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 486 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  2008-11-10
RAMWolff - 15 March 2013 09:52 AM

The DIM won’t install applications or plugins so you have to update those manually.

Posted: 15 March 2013 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 487 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

Only the plugin has changed, the content is still the same.

You will have to download and install the plugin ye olde way, DIM doesn’t do plugins, only content.

PS D’Ya think after 3 replies RAM will get the message? smile

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 488 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4451
Joined  2004-08-11

IIRC Lux was included in the initial DIM download and installation of the product.  Oh, I see now…. it downloaded just the Luxus Content after doing a quick search in the DIM download folder.  Okey dokey!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 489 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-08-19

Re: the whole Gamma Correction discussion..

this is after 30 minutes or so (still noisy) 

texture gamma 2.2

Auto-Linear Gamma and Film response, Gamma 2.2

it looks a bit washed out. probably from the white walls and floor

Image Attachments
d15b.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://rareth1966.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 490 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

I did a transparency test using four or five different LaceMaker laces, all with transparency maps. As you can see, all of them worked well.  These are all default DS shaders. My guess is that any transparency issues might arise with non default DS shaders/surfaces such as Uber Surface and HSS.

Image Attachments
luxlace.jpg

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 491 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1079
Joined  2010-09-19

I used the “Sun and Sky2 - Dusk” light, and added slight colour adjustment and some bloom on-the-fly while it was rendering…

Image Attachments
MadMaxxed.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 492 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  481
Joined  2013-02-02

Very cool people.

The Gamma things has me a little confused, but I will get to the bottom of it.

Not that I can control this nor would I want to. I know this may come across as a strange request, but I am a big fan of credit where credit is due.  Luxus really does not deserve the credit for your renders.  LuxRender does.  Maybe watermark them with LuxRender instead?

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 493 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
Artini - 15 March 2013 09:01 AM

It looks like Luxus or LuxRender does not support double sided materials or am I missing something?
Below is a render of Victoria 5 wearing coat from Dragon Queen for Genesis Female - DrQueenCape
http://www.daz3d.com/dragon-queen-for-genesis-female
with materials from
Dragon Witches for Dragon Queen - 04_Cape
http://www.daz3d.com/dragon-witches-for-dragon-queen
The second image show a fragment of the cape rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro.

I am thinking more accurate lighting?  Looks like it is in shadow.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 494 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02

As best as I know how to explain it.  The film, like the film to take a photograph at the back of the camera collects all the photons.  This is how you get what color each pixel is. Well, LuxRender will use one film per light group.  Then LuxRender will combine all of them together at the end.  If you add all the photons on one film or combine multiple films later, it gives the same exact result.  With combining them later, you can control during render how much each light group factors in.

There the memory requirements for the extra films, but this is insignificant compared to the size of the models and textures we are dealing with here.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 495 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  2008-11-10
SphericLabs - 15 March 2013 11:03 AM

Very cool people.

The Gamma things has me a little confused, but I will get to the bottom of it.

Not that I can control this nor would I want to. I know this may come across as a strange request, but I am a big fan of credit where credit is due.  Luxus really does not deserve the credit for your renders.  LuxRender does.  Maybe watermark them with LuxRender instead?

Is a luxrender watermark available somewhere? I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything.

33 of 100