8 of 100
Luxus discussion
Posted: 11 March 2013 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  532
Joined  2013-02-02
SphericLabs - 11 March 2013 06:28 PM
MBusch - 11 March 2013 06:23 PM

Well, I need some help here. Just a starting point. If I render with the surfaces as they are set by the DS preset, the image renders very acceptable in my opinion. When I load the Lux Material with Copy Studio Parameters ticked and send the render to Lux I get some annoying dark areas. I played with every parameter in the Lux Material section and cannot rid this effect. What I am doing wrong?

Only the Torso surface was modified.

On geometry like a figure’s skin surface, you would certainly want to do all the skin or none of the surfaces manually. 

But that does not answer you question directly.  Perhaps you could screenshot your LuxRender parameters?

And you already did.  Sorry. Let me do some research.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
SphericLabs - 11 March 2013 06:29 PM

Well, I need some help here. Just a starting point. If I render with the surfaces as they are set by the DS preset, the image renders very acceptable in my opinion. When I load the Lux Material with Copy Studio Parameters ticked and send the render to Lux I get some annoying dark areas. I played with every parameter in the Lux Material section and cannot rid this effect. What I am doing wrong?

On geometry like a figure’s skin surface, you would certainly want to do all the skin or none of the surfaces manually. 

But that does not answer you question directly.  Perhaps you could screenshot your LuxRender parameters?

And you already did.  Sorry. Let me do some research.

You probably want you URoughness and your VRoughness at around 0.8, your skin is so smooth, it is reflecting like a mirror.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2003-10-09

Hum… It is there, but I am uploading again.

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2013-03-11_at_21.15_.10_.jpg

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
MBusch - 11 March 2013 06:33 PM

You probably want you URoughness and your VRoughness at around 0.8.  Your skin is so smooth it is reflecting like a mirror.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2005-09-01
Bobvan - 11 March 2013 06:22 PM

I read somewhere that there are tiling issues? I will prolly wait till it’s resolved. Im one of those who simply wanto to use the plug in. I dont know how and dont want to have to bother editing the xls files manually….

Already resolved in the open beta for Eluxir (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18555/) or you can wait until the price goes up. smile He said he will be fixing it in Luxus as well.

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-08-27

Spheric, I don’t know if anybody’s asked this, but is instancing supported? In other words, If I make 8 copies of a 100K polygon tree, will Luxus recognize that and export only a single geometry, or will it spit out 8 identical copies of the same tree?

And if instancing isn’t supported, let me be the first to request it.

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
AndYourLittleDogToo - 11 March 2013 06:41 PM

Spheric, I don’t know if anybody’s asked this, but is instancing supported? In other words, If I make 8 copies of a 100K polygon tree, will Luxus recognize that and export only a single geometry, or will it spit out 8 identical copies of the same tree?

And if instancing isn’t supported, let me be the first to request it.

Already supported.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1426
Joined  2009-09-11
BTLProductions - 11 March 2013 06:41 PM
Bobvan - 11 March 2013 06:22 PM

I read somewhere that there are tiling issues? I will prolly wait till it’s resolved. Im one of those who simply wanto to use the plug in. I dont know how and dont want to have to bother editing the xls files manually….

Already resolved in the open beta for Eluxir (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18555/) or you can wait until the price goes up. smile He said he will be fixing it in Luxus as well.

It dont matter that much since I have Reality I can always till it goes back on sale or better yet fastgrab..

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 11 March 2013 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2006-01-26

maybe its my PC but it takes eons the luxrender console inside Studio, no render at this time, ironic that I’ve been a maxwellRender and Modo601 user and Reality 2.5 and can’t just make a render inside daz with Luxus…I’m old [ taking a time reading the PDF instead]

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1312/
http://zilvergrafix.deviantart.com/

Posted: 11 March 2013 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2006-01-26

Oh, I’ve found it, my figure was in High Resolution Level 2, I must turn it off.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1312/
http://zilvergrafix.deviantart.com/

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1130
Joined  2005-03-26

I snapped it up (already having an unused LuxRender install helped me to it…) because Reality was always out of budget and Luxus promised to actively integrate into the Render Settings tab:  that’s why the free-DL LuxRender export plugin has not been touched.  If I don’t have to do any program-hopping, I don’t plan to.  Thanks for this!

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2003-10-09
SphericLabs - 11 March 2013 06:34 PM
MBusch - 11 March 2013 06:33 PM

You probably want you URoughness and your VRoughness at around 0.8.  Your skin is so smooth it is reflecting like a mirror.

The roughness parameter does not solve the issue, but I removed the bump map and this worked. So I set the bum map again, but at a very lower value and the problem gone away. Much better now…

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2013-03-11_at_23.16_.20_.jpgd85.png

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2013-01-31
SphericLabs - 11 March 2013 06:11 PM
kinglord - 11 March 2013 06:07 PM

Hello,

Purchased this today and been playing around quite a bit with it.  I think it’s a solid first iteration at ntegrating LuxRender into DS, but isn’t exactly for the faint of heart. wink  (To be clear, the auto-conversion and push button render go a long way, but to get awesome looking renders you need to put in some time to learn how Lux behaves just like what works well and doesn’t in 3Delight.)

I’ve learned a lot about Lux today coming at it as a total newb.  I did have some questions around features that are either there and I’m missing (quite likely) or maybe have to be achieved outside of DS itself.

While playing and learning about all the render types, I see that sppm is listed as a renderer option, but I don’t have sppm listed in my dropdown of surface integrators and therefore can’t get it to work.  I didn’t see any sppm options under the surface integration options list either, so I’m thinking maybe this isn’t supported yet?

I also wasn’t able to find settings for rendering accelerator or SLG rendering anywhere?

Perhaps I put the option in the wrong spot, see attached image?

Full disclosure, I have not tried the ssp option.

Hi Spheric,

Thanks a lot for the quick response!  I can select the option you highlight, but Lux errors out because it expects a surface integrator for sppm as well in order to for the render method to work.  I think what is needed is an option for sppm here as well.  Whenever I try to render with sppm with any of the current surface integrators I get an error:

Severe error43] SPPM renderer requires the SPPM integrator

Hope that helps you figure out what I meant!

Image Attachments
RenderSettings.png

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
kinglord - 11 March 2013 08:19 PM

Hello,

Purchased this today and been playing around quite a bit with it.  I think it’s a solid first iteration at ntegrating LuxRender into DS, but isn’t exactly for the faint of heart. wink  (To be clear, the auto-conversion and push button render go a long way, but to get awesome looking renders you need to put in some time to learn how Lux behaves just like what works well and doesn’t in 3Delight.)

I’ve learned a lot about Lux today coming at it as a total newb.  I did have some questions around features that are either there and I’m missing (quite likely) or maybe have to be achieved outside of DS itself.

While playing and learning about all the render types, I see that sppm is listed as a renderer option, but I don’t have sppm listed in my dropdown of surface integrators and therefore can’t get it to work.  I didn’t see any sppm options under the surface integration options list either, so I’m thinking maybe this isn’t supported yet?

I also wasn’t able to find settings for rendering accelerator or SLG rendering anywhere?

Hi Spheric,

Thanks a lot for the quick response!  I can select the option you highlight, but Lux errors out because it expects a surface integrator for sppm as well in order to for the render method to work.  I think what is needed is an option for sppm here as well.  Whenever I try to render with sppm with any of the current surface integrators I get an error:

Yes, SPPM requires the ‘sppm’ surface integrator…that should be one of the options listed in the Surface Integrators drop down.  So will it be added in the update to fix the tiling? I use SPPM a lot…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02

Sounds like a good plan.

mjc1016 - 11 March 2013 08:32 PM
kinglord - 11 March 2013 08:19 PM

Hello,

Hi Spheric,

Yes, SPPM requires the ‘sppm’ surface integrator…that should be one of the options listed in the Surface Integrators drop down.  So will it be added in the update to fix the tiling? I use SPPM a lot…

Signature 

-Spheric

8 of 100