Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
sedor - 24 November 2012 12:03 PM

..Used Curator Aquarum for this one:

Very nice picture smile

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 827 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  0

Here is my first run with Cyber-Vicky:

Refuge

Image Attachments
Refuge2.jpg
 Signature 

Peter

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 828 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1316
Joined  2006-08-31
Jack Tomalin - 25 November 2012 05:49 AM
Totte - 25 November 2012 05:14 AM

Someone missed a few polys?

Hmm that’s a weird one.. will check it and get that fixed up. Thanks for the heads up smile

Ok fixed, and sent in.. so the update should be out next week sometime smile

Hey Jack, a quick (tech) question if you don’t mind - for these sorts of issues (and constructing models in general), do you maintain your master scenes/models/assets in some form of configuration control system (eg RCS, CVS, SVN, Hg, or whatever), or is there no real need to maintain a “development trail” and you just use something like datestamped files/directories?  (forking off copies when “drops” are made to external locations).

The reason I ask is I’m starting to get swamped in my own assets (diffuse, AO, baked textures, various iterations of hires and lores geometry, target platform files, drops to the customer, etc etc X), and I was curious what you do under these circumstances.  Is there a “Make Order” button, just beside the “Make Art” button you have on your desk there? wink

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 829 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8117
Joined  2009-05-14
Akhbour - 25 November 2012 03:37 PM

Refuge

Great contrast and mood Peter…again simple but effective.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 830 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
sedor - 24 November 2012 12:03 PM

raspberry haven’t posted a picture here for a long time…

Used Curator Aquarum for this one:

Awesome…seems too tame…but it is sedor. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 25 November 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 831 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
KickAir 8P - 24 November 2012 09:43 PM
Akhbour - 24 November 2012 07:30 PM

Awesome Sedor, really!

Btw Jack, think about adding skydomes to your scenes, I can’t always use Stonemaso,‘s!  ^_-

Ditto, great job Sedor!  Akhbour, feel free to use my skyspheres, they’re free.

This one uses Jack’s Curator AquarumDS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Looking for Water

Nice POV and light, a serene image.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 832 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3819
Joined  0

Refuge

Unintentional I’m sure, but it looks like shes just banged her head on the wall, and giving it that ‘ooooooooouch’ face smile

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 833 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
M F M - 25 November 2012 06:41 PM
Jack Tomalin - 25 November 2012 05:49 AM
Totte - 25 November 2012 05:14 AM

Someone missed a few polys?

Hmm that’s a weird one.. will check it and get that fixed up. Thanks for the heads up smile

Ok fixed, and sent in.. so the update should be out next week sometime smile

Hey Jack, a quick (tech) question if you don’t mind - for these sorts of issues (and constructing models in general), do you maintain your master scenes/models/assets in some form of configuration control system (eg RCS, CVS, SVN, Hg, or whatever), or is there no real need to maintain a “development trail” and you just use something like datestamped files/directories?  (forking off copies when “drops” are made to external locations).

The reason I ask is I’m starting to get swamped in my own assets (diffuse, AO, baked textures, various iterations of hires and lores geometry, target platform files, drops to the customer, etc etc X), and I was curious what you do under these circumstances.  Is there a “Make Order” button, just beside the “Make Art” button you have on your desk there? ;-)

That’s actually a really good question - first time I think anyone’s actually asked, too.

I personally don’t use anything other than files/dirs.  I have toyed with the idea of using SVN, but I think that only really would be worthwhile for huge projects.

I have the main dev folder, where I keep all the master files (PSD’s, templates, etc) and then once the product is complete have an ‘upload’ folder which contains the DS/Poser stuff, promo artwork etc.  I also use the same file suffixs, so it’s easy for me to know whats what in the dev folder.

I do use a few homebrew scripts to pull stuff in and out of Runtimes, too.. but that’s about it.

Hope that helps!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 834 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1316
Joined  2006-08-31

How interesting - given the quantity of your output, I would have thought you’d had _some_ organisational “secret” in there to keep everything under control… thanks for the insight! (^_^)n. 

(maybe my issue is that I’m approaching my graphic assets a little too much like source code - ie version#s, datestamps, historical copies etc… perhaps I should just chill and do Jack and let it all “flow” -_-... wink.  SVN et al would generally be appropriate for long-term multi-developer projects, I’d imagine - as a convenient way of sharing “asset trees” amongst geographically (and chronally) dispersed creators…).

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 26 November 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 835 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Yea, I dare say you’d need it in bigger dev houses, but here there is only little old me.

My source files generally have iterations built into them (different layers and such..) but nothing fancy.  While it’s a nice idea, I think the time spent actually managing the files would be proportionally ‘too much’.  Keep it simple, and all that.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 836 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2005-06-08
Szark - 25 November 2012 07:01 PM
KickAir 8P - 24 November 2012 09:43 PM

This one uses Jack’s Curator AquarumDS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Looking for Water

Nice POV and light, a serene image.

Thank you!  And this got an Honorable Mention in the November 15th PlatClub Inspiration contest — thanks again Jack!

Hey, if anybody wants to try out the lighting I used it’s the light array shown in the Simple Sunshine and SkySphere tutorial, with all the fill lights on Intensity 32.0%, and the Sunlight on Shadow Type: Raytraced, Shadow Softness: 1.0%, Shadow Bias 0.50, and Intensity: 80% — that’s the example below on the left.  (Actually I did two “final” renders, one with the vines and one without.  Then I opened them in GIMP as two different layers with the vine-filled render on top, applied a white Layer Mask to the top layer, and blackened the mask where there were a couple of inconvenient vines behind her feet and over her head.)

On the right is the same render run through the postwork steps shown in the Bright Sunlight Mini-Tutorial, with the Saturation Overlay layer at 100% opacity, one Contrast Mask layer at 100% opacity, and one Contrast Mask layer at 32% opacity.

Image Attachments
LookingForWater-2x1000.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 837 ]
Rank
Joined  0
Jack Tomalin - 26 November 2012 01:20 AM

Refuge

Unintentional I’m sure, but it looks like shes just banged her head on the wall, and giving it that ‘ooooooooouch’ face smile

Now that you say it, it could be that or one of those mornings after, where you only want to die and your wife is constantly repeating the things you’ve done while drunken! ^_^

Signature 

Peter

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 838 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Akhbour - 26 November 2012 09:57 AM

Refuge

Now that you say it, it could be that or one of those mornings after, where you only want to die and your wife is constantly repeating the things you’ve done while drunken! ^_^

lol.. yea! so I imagine anyway, never been in that situation before *cough*

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 26 November 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 839 ]
Rank
Joined  0
Jack Tomalin - 26 November 2012 11:57 AM

Refuge

Neither have I, though I have friends who have been telling me that kind of horror stories!

*cough, cough, cough, aheum*

Signature 

Peter

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 840 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Akhbour - 26 November 2012 12:54 PM
Jack Tomalin - 26 November 2012 11:57 AM

Refuge

Neither have I, though I have friends who have been telling me that kind of horror stories!

*cough, cough, cough, aheum*

lol - theres a lot of coughing going on here.. think there must be something going around wink

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

56 of 100