Digital Art Zone

28 of 100
JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]
Posted: 10 October 2012 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
Jack Tomalin - 10 October 2012 12:40 AM

So in summary - don’t panic, be patient and enjoy the sale.  And while futile, I think they are doing they best to make sure everyone gets something they like.

So it’s still possible Stana Katic might show up at my door? wink

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different tongue wink

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-14
Jack Tomalin - 10 October 2012 03:35 AM
Kludge - 10 October 2012 03:14 AM
Jack Tomalin - 10 October 2012 01:07 AM

A little texture addon and oh look, we’re in Parkside wink

ROFLMAO!  A man who knows!  West Park/Parkside is one of my favorite series.  No, it is my favorite.  So much coolness to play with and mix ‘n match and just have a ball with.  It’s also comparatively easy to customize as needed which just makes it more so coolerer.  This is one that has boundless possibilities for any of a number of eras.  grin

Conversely, a new texture addon and Parkside becomes just a regular town.. there’s lots in store for that series, as well as the others I have created (and have yet to start)

Yep, kinda what I’m doing to create Parkview.  I still need to create exteriors so I can build things like a residential hotel and a regular hotel using West Park and Parkside High as the cores for the interiors but they may come from bitzenpieces of Parkside station retextured. 

So much fun, so few pineapples ... LOL

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3576
Joined  0
Kludge - 10 October 2012 03:38 AM

So in summary - don’t panic, be patient and enjoy the sale.  And while futile, I think they are doing they best to make sure everyone gets something they like.

You betcha! smirk

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1724
Joined  2010-09-17

Yes, thanks for the Drive In Jack, before when I would use a drive in scene, I had to reformat one from Sketchup into a .obj, which worked of course, but yours is so much easier to work with!

Image Attachments
a_little_early00.jpg

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3576
Joined  0

Looks good smile

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-14
Jack Tomalin - 10 October 2012 03:44 AM
Kludge - 10 October 2012 03:38 AM

You betcha! smirk

Oooh, nifty.  I mean, why should Castle (Nathan Fillion) have all the fun? wink

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-14
betsy662 - 10 October 2012 03:57 AM

Yes, thanks for the Drive In Jack, before when I would use a drive in scene, I had to reformat one from Sketchup into a .obj, which worked of course, but yours is so much easier to work with!

Hmmm ... where’d you get the Chevvie Nomad?

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5592
Joined  2005-08-29

You mean like this? Parkside Shanty

Image Attachments
parkside_shanty.jpg
 Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 10 October 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-14
Totte - 10 October 2012 05:49 AM

You mean like this? Parkside Shanty

ROFL ... Love it madly!

BTW, Vickie’s holding her arms up in anticipation of trying to jerk them down against the chains in a vain attempt to get them to break free.  Or vent frustration at not being able to do so.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5592
Joined  2005-08-29
Kludge - 10 October 2012 05:56 AM

ROFL ... Love it madly!

Thank you grin

Kludge - 10 October 2012 05:56 AM

BTW, Vickie’s holding her arms up in anticipation of trying to jerk them down against the chains in a vain attempt to get them to break free.  Or vent frustration at not being able to do so.  wink

That’s a good reason ...

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 10 October 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17
Kludge - 10 October 2012 04:26 AM
betsy662 - 10 October 2012 03:57 AM

Hmmm ... where’d you get the Chevvie Nomad?

That one is made by Nationale7, its available at Rendo.

Posted: 10 October 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1816
Joined  2005-06-08

KickAir 8P - 09 October 2012 03:28 PM

Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 01:05 PM

Sadly got blown away in the great tornado of ‘53.. very sad indeed :(

Real answer? We had to keep some stuff behind.. didn’t want to put all the eggs in one basket etc… wink

So it’ll show up in an expansion?  BTW, is that 50’s diner we keep seeing blurry in the background of the PC promo shots yours?  Are we gonna get it this month?

It’s not my place to say when and what stuff will be released.  I can say, however,  I’ve done several products for the sale - and I assume they will be released throughout the month.

It’s really tricky.. on the run up for the sale everyone was saying ‘I hope there’s not a theme.. since if I don’t like the theme I wont buy’  so I guess DAZ have tried to spread stuff out and mix it up where they can… and now of course people want loads of stuff and they want it NOW!.

I really don’t get it when people say they won’t buy PlatClub stuff in themes they don’t like.  Aren’t we all artists here?  Aren’t we supposed to be imaginative?  I’ve no real use for the 1950’s, but I love the PlatClub’s 1950’s theme for its versatility — jeans and t-shirt have been current wear for decades, I’m extremely happy to see the latest in the PlatClub!  Not into carnivals?  Those booths work for everything from medieval to flea market — I’ve seen similar in malls.  Parkside too creepy?  Use some modern furniture, plenty of people live and work in older buildings.  (Actually, I’d love to see a set of 1950’s military-standard office furniture, the stuff you see in cold war spy movies — wouldn’t that look great in the Parkside sets?)  If they were talking about weeks of flower-fairy skimpwear or psycho-skewed buildings I’d understand the problem, but 1950’s?

I’m really looking forward to that hinted-at diner/kitchen (I’m in two obscure fandoms it’ll be handy for, never mind general usability) so I was put a bit off by the drive-in, which I have no use for whatsoever.  But that drive-in has a lovely ticket/concession booth, and a snazzy sign I’ll bet can be reworked (haven’t had time to check, can visibility on the lettering be turned off?), and a couple handy things like fencing and a ground plain.  I like it.

What’s the historically accurate screen ratio that’s supposed to be projected on that thing?  16:9, or did drive-ins use something else?

Regarding the aspect ratio - here is source of information which might help : http://www.reelclassics.com/Techtalk/aspectratio-article.htm

Hope that helps.

It does, thanks!  Wikipedia wasn’t very clear on what I needed, appreciate your help.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 10 October 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-17

I love the 1950’s stuff myself, but I also love the 20’s and 30’s as well, I guess there was some neet things about the 40’s too, but the 50’s, okay my musical tastes are more into current metal, but hey!

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  2010-06-29

slowly but surely it comes to the point my canyon turns out finished smile (the main things, just a bit here and there, but the main thing seems to be near to be finished)

Image Attachments
AUTUMN_NEW_DAZ_STUDIO.jpg
 Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 10 October 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08
Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 01:05 PM

Sadly got blown away in the great tornado of ‘53.. very sad indeed :(

Real answer? We had to keep some stuff behind.. didn’t want to put all the eggs in one basket etc… wink

So it’ll show up in an expansion?  BTW, is that 50’s diner we keep seeing blurry in the background of the PC promo shots yours?  Are we gonna get it this month?

And here’s a question that might actually get answered:  What’s the historically accurate screen ratio that’s supposed to be projected on that thing?  16:9, or did drive-ins use something else?

The oldest movie screens were 4:3. Televisions (once they got out of the experimental stage) copied it, because someone already saw the profit in broadcasting old movies for them. But the ‘50s got into Cinemascope and other wider screens to try to bring people into the theaters rather than sit and watch old movies on their televisions at home. Not altogether sure whether the drive-ins opted for the old-style or the new aspect ratio when they were built. It may depend on just when the Drive-in was built. But 4:3 is fairly safe, with a wider screen a posibility.

28 of 100