RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2005-06-08
Totte - 09 October 2012 03:44 AM
Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 02:38 AM

Cool!

Has a Resident Evil kinda vibe going on with it :D

You made the lego blocks, me just build stuff with them wink

Tools are tools (excellent as Jack’s stuff is), it’s what you do with ‘em — that’s nice work.

Frank0314 - 07 October 2012 09:18 AM
Jack Tomalin - 07 October 2012 02:18 AM
Kyoto Kid - 07 October 2012 02:10 AM
KickAir 8P - 07 October 2012 01:21 AM

My latest PlatClub Inspirations entry.  Jack’s products used:  Carnival Midway Interiors (the sign on the ground), Atrophy, Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate (the decorative stonework next to the step).

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Cradle to Grave

...that is beautiful.

Yea, very cool.. nice work smile

Very nice indeed. Maybe you could post that image for inspiration in the New Users contest which is a Halloween based theme.

You think it’d help?  Okay, done.  Thanks, people — glad you like it!

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 377 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23
Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 06:44 AM

Awh.. lego.. I love that stuff!

I guess that will be an upside to having kids, I can buy them things like that and not feel too bad wink

I have a huge box full of them for my kids to, um, “inherit.” wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 378 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3292
Joined  0
Zaarin - 09 October 2012 11:26 AM
Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 06:44 AM

Awh.. lego.. I love that stuff!

I guess that will be an upside to having kids, I can buy them things like that and not feel too bad wink

I have a huge box full of them for my kids to, um, “inherit.” wink

Ah cool! 

Gutted all mine were given away :(

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 09 October 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 379 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2057
Joined  2003-10-09

just picked up the Moonshine Drive-In, been wanting a Drive-In for soooo long, I just had to grab this….

Just one question, where is the projection booth?

Posted: 09 October 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 380 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Heh cheers.

Sadly got blown away in the great tornado of ‘53.. very sad indeed :(

Real answer? We had to keep some stuff behind.. didn’t want to put all the eggs in one basket etc… wink

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 09 October 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 381 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2057
Joined  2003-10-09

are you implying there is more to come in the Drive-In set? add ons? a concession stand? projection booth? make out poses?

Posted: 09 October 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 382 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5315
Joined  2005-08-29

Had to show Jack what his superb moongate is used for….

Shackled and Drawn

Image Attachments
shackled_drawn-2-final.jpg
 Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 09 October 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 383 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2010-10-15

Just wanted to thank you for the drive in. Speaker boxes!!!!! None of the others I have seen show these.  Thank you, thank you.

Posted: 09 October 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 384 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2005-06-08
Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 01:05 PM

Real answer? We had to keep some stuff behind.. didn’t want to put all the eggs in one basket etc… wink

So it’ll show up in an expansion?  BTW, is that 50’s diner we keep seeing blurry in the background of the PC promo shots yours?  Are we gonna get it this month?

And here’s a question that might actually get answered:  What’s the historically accurate screen ratio that’s supposed to be projected on that thing?  16:9, or did drive-ins use something else?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 09 October 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 385 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1548
Joined  2009-08-08
LycanthropeX - 09 October 2012 01:36 PM

are you implying there is more to come in the Drive-In set? add ons? a concession stand? projection booth? make out poses?

An authentic ground plane? They weren’t flat, after all.

Posted: 09 October 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 386 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1442
Joined  2010-06-29

hello folks how are you?

haven`t written here a for time but I am a bit busy, work work work and I have also some other galleries at other sites, other thing is, I am busy with creating my own landscapes with stuff from my content. Had some things to learn about d-formers and had to fix textures and so.

And here are some results, sorry Jack, this is pure nature and no item made by you is used, but I want to know what you think because you are some of the best artists around, known for detailed accuracy smile

the following images containing:

trees by Andrey Pestryakov and Predatron
bushes by Lisa
stones and rocks from various sets I have
backroundwall from rocks`n`drops by Pedatron (reworked by me with some deformers)
ground by Flink (Renderosity) (some different ground planes with fixed texture of this set)

textures for backroundwall, rocks and stones from the rocks`n`drops set but reworked and fixed by me so I was able to use it on all stony surfaces with some tilling adjustment here and there.

clothes on Dixie by 3D-Age (Renderosity) (this artist have some of the best clothes for V4 I know but this is just my opinion and no rating on others that are also good)

by the way, I have a really huge gallery at renderosity under cosmo71 so if someone is interested go there and have fun smile

and know here are the images:

Image Attachments
Autumn_DAZ_STUDIO.jpgdx_forest_run.jpgdx_outdoor.jpg
 Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 387 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
Jack Tomalin - 05 October 2012 03:00 AM
Kludge - 05 October 2012 02:40 AM
Jack Tomalin - 04 October 2012 01:46 PM

That’s cool, thought for a moment someone spiked my whiskey wink

Now would that be a good proper Irish whiskey or that poor imitation the Scots produce? LOL

Ooh controversial!

I’d just like to say, I don’t discriminate against any type of alcoholic beverage (even the ones with the funny umbrellas in them) smile

The umbrellas are cool after one’s had a goodly number of the associated drinks.  Not quite as obtrusive as wearing lampshades.

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different tongue wink

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 388 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
KickAir 8P - 09 October 2012 03:28 PM
Jack Tomalin - 09 October 2012 01:05 PM

So it’ll show up in an expansion?  BTW, is that 50’s diner we keep seeing blurry in the background of the PC promo shots yours?  Are we gonna get it this month?

And here’s a question that might actually get answered:  What’s the historically accurate screen ratio that’s supposed to be projected on that thing?  16:9, or did drive-ins use something else?

It’s not my place to say when and what stuff will be released.  I can say, however,  I’ve done several products for the sale - and I assume they will be released throughout the month.

It’s really tricky.. on the run up for the sale everyone was saying ‘I hope there’s not a theme.. since if I don’t like the theme I wont buy’  so I guess DAZ have tried to spread stuff out and mix it up where they can… and now of course people want loads of stuff and they want it NOW!.

So in summary - don’t panic, be patient and enjoy the sale.  And while futile, I think they are doing they best to make sure everyone gets something they like.

Regarding the aspect ratio - here is source of information which might help : http://www.reelclassics.com/Techtalk/aspectratio-article.htm

Hope that helps.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 389 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
cosmo71 - 09 October 2012 07:36 PM

hello folks how are you?

haven`t written here a for time but I am a bit busy, work work work and I have also some other galleries at other sites, other thing is, I am busy with creating my own landscapes with stuff from my content. Had some things to learn about d-formers and had to fix textures and so.

And here are some results, sorry Jack, this is pure nature and no item made by you is used, but I want to know what you think because you are some of the best artists around, known for detailed accuracy smile

the following images containing:

trees by Andrey Pestryakov and Predatron
bushes by Lisa
stones and rocks from various sets I have
backroundwall from rocks`n`drops by Pedatron (reworked by me with some deformers)
ground by Flink (Renderosity) (some different ground planes with fixed texture of this set)

textures for backroundwall, rocks and stones from the rocks`n`drops set but reworked and fixed by me so I was able to use it on all stony surfaces with some tilling adjustment here and there.

clothes on Dixie by 3D-Age (Renderosity) (this artist have some of the best clothes for V4 I know but this is just my opinion and no rating on others that are also good)

by the way, I have a really huge gallery at renderosity under cosmo71 so if someone is interested go there and have fun smile

and know here are the images:

Nice work Cosmo!

Nice to hear you’re off on your journey of 3D art too.. easy to see where the time goes now isn’t it?

Keep up the good work smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 390 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
LycanthropeX - 09 October 2012 01:36 PM

Hey you should know now, I love addons.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

26 of 100