Digital Art Zone

21 of 100
JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]
Posted: 02 October 2012 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12535
Joined  2007-11-06

....well, got out of work late, stopped off to pick up some dinner and by the time I made it home it was past 12:00 Daz time so I unfortunately missed the “kvetchup sale” deadline by (in Maxwell Smart’s words) “That Much”.

Back on the wishlist it goes.

Should make my company pay for the difference but that is not very realistic and besides,in these economically stressed days, it would probably get me sacked.

...ahh well, you lose some, and you lose some.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4289
Joined  0
KickAir 8P - 01 October 2012 09:14 AM

An Honorable Mention in the PlatClub’s 9/20 Inspirations Contest.  Again used Jack’s GIS Skyway and Expansion (with the Future Height and Expansion textures).  DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

GiS:  History Field Trip

Nice renders smile Like the DOF/POV of the first one in particular!

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 02 October 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
JOdel - 01 October 2012 01:08 PM

Actually, the issue with the light seeping in at join areas *is* a bit problematic. I was building a set from the library components, and it didn’t matter whether I crowded them so close that the wall/bookcase edges overlapped and poked through the arch segments, I *still* got a light seep at the join. I finally got rid of it by building a shell of blank planes around it overlapping all the join areas, but when you’ve got the wall poking through the arch and it still doesn’t block the light at the edge, something is weird.

I was using Dreamlight’s light set that shipped with Baroque Grandeure. Not the whole set, since I turned off a lot of bits. But a light set is a light set, right?

Hmm, if the edges are overlapped, it could be a shadow bias issue.. rather than with the model itself?

You’d have to try with other lights to see if its specific to the light set, or the model - not entirely sure tbh.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8328
Joined  2009-05-14

I find a shadow bias of 0.10 to be the better settings overall for most of my scenes. Some lights load with a shadow bias of 1.00

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08
Jack Tomalin - 02 October 2012 03:14 AM
KickAir 8P - 01 October 2012 09:14 AM

An Honorable Mention in the PlatClub’s 9/20 Inspirations Contest.  Again used Jack’s GIS Skyway and Expansion (with the Future Height and Expansion textures).  DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

GiS:  History Field Trip

Nice renders smile Like the DOF/POV of the first one in particular!

Thanks!  I’m enjoying working with depth of field now that I’m starting to get the hang of it.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2005-08-23

While playing KotOR2 today, I had an idea for a future GIS set: a sci-fi fountain. Actually, I think that’d be pretty awesome. :D

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 03 October 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Zaarin - 02 October 2012 09:21 PM

While playing KotOR2 today, I had an idea for a future GIS set: a sci-fi fountain. Actually, I think that’d be pretty awesome. :D

Theres lots left for me to do in the GIS universe, so will add that to it wink

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2006-06-10

I have all of the Parkside goodies for trains,(and most of the other sets too, lol), but there is no engine to pull the passenger car or the cargo car. Will there be one in the future??

Pretty please :)  I can’t believe I’m the only one who’d like a ParkSide engine.

Just tossing that out there for ya.  You know to work on in your spare time ... lol

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
cimaira - 03 October 2012 12:42 PM

I have all of the Parkside goodies for trains,(and most of the other sets too, lol), but there is no engine to pull the passenger car or the cargo car. Will there be one in the future??

Pretty please smile  I can’t believe I’m the only one who’d like a ParkSide engine.

Just tossing that out there for ya.  You know to work on in your spare time ... lol

Y’know, aside from Rendo, I can’t think of anyone who has an appropriate locomotive (steam, of course) and theirs is a bit pricey.  A small box cab diesel could be built up using the same 4-wheel passenger/express trucks Jack’s been using without too much problem.  They’re simple and kinda cool looking although dated to the prewar era.  Dependent on when you want to model (period), there are several possible options but, again, DAZ doesn’t offer them.  C’mon. PAs.  Get with the program here and help Jack out!  excaim

BTW, I have the entire West Park/East Park/Parkside collection.  smile

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different ;-P

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17066
Joined  2003-10-09

Jack is more likely to see this if it is posted to the Jack Tomalin appreciation thread, would you like me to merge the thread over there.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/184/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-10
chohole - 03 October 2012 12:58 PM

Jack is more likely to see this if it is posted to the Jack TOmlin appreciation thread, would you like me to merge the thread over there.

Yes, please, if you think it’s more likely to get noticed there. I really want an Parkside engine to go with the rest of my train, lol

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  354
Joined  2010-12-14
chohole - 03 October 2012 12:58 PM

Jack is more likely to see this if it is posted to the Jack TOmlin appreciation thread, would you like me to merge the thread over there.

Yes, yes, yes!  Errr ... ummm ... if you would please, Cho.  smile

Signature 

Old post count ... 29^2+6^2+5

JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS] III
Yes, I had to be different ;-P

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17066
Joined  2003-10-09

OK thread merged. Hope you get an answer

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Ooh, thread merge!  chohole is right, too wink

Not sure what I can say on the topic, but Parkside is an ongoing project, like West Park, GIS, Curious..etc etc.  So yea, it would be daft not to have something pulling what I have done already wink

Stay tuned, folks!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 03 October 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-10
Jack Tomalin - 03 October 2012 01:49 PM

Ooh, thread merge!  chohole is right, too ;)

Not sure what I can say on the topic, but Parkside is an ongoing project, like West Park, GIS, Curious..etc etc.  So yea, it would be daft not to have something pulling what I have done already ;)

Stay tuned, folks!

Yeah :) Happy me!

21 of 100