17 of 100
JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]
Posted: 03 September 2012 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3474
Joined  0
Kyoto Kid - 03 September 2012 02:01 AM

...well the Harpsichord loaded fine but the texture MAT I used for Leela (Tindra Thompson) is still all messed up.

...and I’m not even using Genesis so I’m not sure why this is occurring.

Urgh.. weird, is it doing it when you load it up alone as well?

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10949
Joined  2007-11-06

...not sure.  I’d have to delete everything in the original scene file except Leela, save it again and then try to open it in 4.  I’‘ll have to try that when I get home later.

I did try zeroing the MAT and then reapplying it, but the same thing occurred.  Even the default Steph4 MATs load incorrectly.  The only ones I can get to work are the standard V4.2 ones, but that way Leela loses her lovely freckled complexion.

I can’t believe I am going through all this just so I can render the scene with the updated 3Delight to see if it doesn’t crash.  The latest standalone version of the render engine no longer works as I get a lot of .tdlmake errors because it refuses to interpret the Studio3 texture maps.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 08 September 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7796
Joined  2009-05-14

As promised using Jack’s Library.

You can find a little more about this image in my Showing Off thread smile http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2765/P90/#95494

Image Attachments
TheBox1_copy.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Szark - 08 September 2012 01:55 PM

As promised using Jack’s Library.

You can find a little more about this image in my Showing Off thread smile http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2765/P90/#95494

Love it smile keep up the good work.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 11 September 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks Jack.

I used to make at least 3 images a month now I am lucky to make one. I am not happy and I think I am getting withdrawals and twitchy. I want my Area lights back NOW. Sorry had a moment there.

Oh yeah another half gig of Ram and a clean installation and so far DS 4.5 is responding well. Haven’t rendered in it yet with the new clean fresh install. I noticed a few content issues I had are now fixed with me keeping the My Library folder intact this time. Last time I went straight into the main Daz Studio Installation folder outside Program Files. Still outside Program Files as always and still in the same main directory but in a folder of it’s own. Plus with all my Genesis content has been updated so all that works as it should. So yeah early days but looking good.

I loaded one of your biggish props earlier, Mortis and no lag with moving about like it used to in DS3 and 4. Oh man I will so look forward to having more Ram than teeth….yeah I have lost a few over the years. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 11 September 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08

Another use of the Library.

This was a false start for a book cover, repurposed as an Apa cover. But I turned the text off. You don’t need that.

Image Attachments
Castle.jpg

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
Szark - 11 September 2012 06:24 PM

Oh man I will so look forward to having more Ram than teeth….yeah I have lost a few over the years. smile

You used to have billions of teeth?  That’s a heck of a giga-bite.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 12 September 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Thanks Jack.

I used to make at least 3 images a month now I am lucky to make one. I am not happy and I think I am getting withdrawals and twitchy. I want my Area lights back NOW. Sorry had a moment there.

Oh yeah another half gig of Ram and a clean installation and so far DS 4.5 is responding well. Haven’t rendered in it yet with the new clean fresh install. I noticed a few content issues I had are now fixed with me keeping the My Library folder intact this time. Last time I went straight into the main Daz Studio Installation folder outside Program Files. Still outside Program Files as always and still in the same main directory but in a folder of it’s own. Plus with all my Genesis content has been updated so all that works as it should. So yeah early days but looking good.

I loaded one of your biggish props earlier, Mortis and no lag with moving about like it used to in DS3 and 4. Oh man I will so look forward to having more Ram than teeth….yeah I have lost a few over the years. smile

Fingers crossed!

Out of interest, what sort of RAM is it that you use? I have few sticks laying about here, and if they’re the right sort I’m happy to stick them in the post for you.

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 September 2012 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
JOdel - 11 September 2012 06:38 PM

Another use of the Library.

This was a false start for a book cover, repurposed as an Apa cover. But I turned the text off. You don’t need that.

Love the lighting on this.. nice work.

The starkness with the silhouette works really well too I think smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 September 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...indeed, JOdel, that is very nice.

OK after a couple weeks wrestling with trying to get the BG scene I was working on to render, discovered there were a number of items with high reflectivity levels (such as the crystals and bulbs on the Candelabra and surprisingly,, the floor), finally got the render to complete.  Had to substitute a floor texture from Backdrops Made Easy as without the reflection, the floor rendered grey..

Reduced the texture resolution of the window panels as well.

Actually have two pics here, the first done in 3A with a standard light set and BG2, and one rendered in 4.5 (the scene set up in 3A as setting up a scene 4 on my old system is like trying to swim in molasses) with a simple UE preset, using the original BG.

...the 4.5 version rendered in just over two minutes, which includes shadow mapping.

Image Attachments
leela_and_momma_3A.jpgleela_and_momma_4-5.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 12 September 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5448
Joined  2005-08-29
Jack Tomalin - 12 September 2012 12:40 AM

Thanks Jack.

Fingers crossed!

Out of interest, what sort of RAM is it that you use? I have few sticks laying about here, and if they’re the right sort I’m happy to stick them in the post for you.

Good point Jack!.
I’ve got 6 (soon 12) 2GB PC3-DDR3 1066 sticks that I have any use for, nowhere to put them…

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 12 September 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08
Kyoto Kid - 12 September 2012 01:08 AM

OK after a couple weeks wrestling with trying to get the BG scene I was working on to render, discovered there were a number of items with high reflectivity levels (such as the crystals and bulbs on the Candelabra and surprisingly,, the floor), finally got the render to complete.  Had to substitute a floor texture from Backdrops Made Easy as without the reflection, the floor rendered grey..

Actually have two pics here, the first done in 3A with a standard light set and BG2, and one rendered in 4.5 (the scene set up in 3A as setting up a scene 4 on my old system is like trying to swim in molasses) with a simple UE preset, using the original BG.

...the 4.5 version rendered in just over two minutes, which includes shadow mapping.

Upon the whole I think I prefer the way the colors rendered in the 4.5 version. There’s an odd greenish cast to the DS3 version. Of course that could be corrected in post.

Posted: 12 September 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
fixmypcmike - 11 September 2012 09:38 PM

Oh man I will so look forward to having more Ram than teeth….yeah I have lost a few over the years. smile

You used to have billions of teeth?  That’s a heck of a giga-bite.

Roflol…there is always one, isn’t there mike? smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 12 September 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Jack Tomalin - 12 September 2012 12:40 AM

DDR2 667 for which I have two 1 GB modules and two 2GB modules. Being a 32 Bit system I only have 3.25 GB oof of the 4 I have in. So I reckon I am set until I replace the darn thing entirely. smile But thank you very much for the offer of help. Good start to the day. cool cheese

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 12 September 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
JOdel - 12 September 2012 01:54 AM
Kyoto Kid - 12 September 2012 01:08 AM

Upon the whole I think I prefer the way the colors rendered in the 4.5 version. There’s an odd greenish cast to the DS3 version. Of course that could be corrected in post.

...I tried to go for a warmer effect in the first one, may have added more green for some of the rim.ambient lights than I needed.  Unfortunately UE lights tend to crash the render in the older version of 3Delight, so I had to use a more basic multi-light setup which was too “hot” at 255 255 255.

I’ll play around with the settings a bit more, The BG floor with the reflection turned off just doesn’t look right and even low reflectivity values (5% - 10%) crashed the render..

Signature 

17 of 100