Digital Art Zone

70 of 100
JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]
Posted: 12 December 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1036 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10783
Joined  2007-11-06

....I have no issue with adjusting the texture map sizes myself in PSP.  Done it enough that it has become pretty routine.

Of course sometime next week (fingers crossed) I should finally be able to say goodbye to memory and OpenGL issues.

...been a “one piece at a time” affair.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 12 December 2012 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1037 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5620
Joined  2006-02-20

Kingdom of Marrakesh 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/kingdom-of-marrakesh-1

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1038 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3356
Joined  0

I hope and pray the coupons work right first time, this time around!

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1039 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1185
Joined  2006-08-31

We’ll see… >:-)

EDIT: ... aaaaand yep, there was a $16 discount in there somewhere - thanks Jack! (^_^)/

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1040 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

That’s a good start, off the top of your head, can you recall if you purchased just the original? or part of the Marrakesh Bundle?

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 December 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1041 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3137
Joined  2007-06-22

It work for me as well, I had just the original.

Posted: 12 December 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1042 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
scorpio64dragon - 12 December 2012 03:01 AM

It work for me as well, I had just the original.

Glad to hear that, thanks smile

If the bundle discount works too, we’ll chalk that down to a success then!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 December 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1043 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5620
Joined  2006-02-20

Worked for me too - but I didn’t have the Marrakesh bundle ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 12 December 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1044 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Kyoto Kid - 12 December 2012 01:32 AM

.Of course sometime next week (fingers crossed) I should finally be able to say goodbye to memory and OpenGL issues.

Fingers crossed!

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 December 2012 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1045 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1185
Joined  2006-08-31
Jack Tomalin - 12 December 2012 02:46 AM

That’s a good start, off the top of your head, can you recall if you purchased just the original? or part of the Marrakesh Bundle?

I had the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle. (^_^)d.

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 12 December 2012 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1046 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 12 December 2012 01:32 AM

....I have no issue with adjusting the texture map sizes myself in PSP.  Done it enough that it has become pretty routine.

Of course sometime next week (fingers crossed) I should finally be able to say goodbye to memory and OpenGL issues.

...been a “one piece at a time” affair.

Same here with PSP. I only need the downsized maps for Vue so that it doesn’t go cry in a corner and refuse to play any more. It’s not a memory issue that can be solved by getting more, it just doesn’t like big textures. Maybe it’s the memory allocation - how much it gives to each object and texture which is an internal coding problem.

Enjoy all that memory. It makes a huge difference - especially running several things at once.

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 12 December 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1047 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
M F M - 12 December 2012 04:29 AM
Jack Tomalin - 12 December 2012 02:46 AM

I had the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle. (^_^)d.

Ah, that’s excellent news smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 December 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1048 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7674
Joined  2009-05-14
Jack Tomalin - 12 December 2012 01:21 AM
Szark - 11 December 2012 10:48 AM

I have voiced this before regarding low and high mat presets. Now I may be talking out of turn here but I would have thought providing two presets like this wouldn’t take much more work for the vendor but I will defer to Jack on this and see what Jack says about how much extra work it would take. Batch processing making all the textures a reduced resolution in one hit would be the easiest option. I wonder if we the customer can find a piece of software that can do batch processing for texture resizing like Photoshop CS can do http://photoshop-tutorials.wonderhowto.com/how-to/batch-resize-photo-photoshop-320966/ or GIMP which I haven’t tested in 2.8 http://registry.gimp.org/node/21834 My PS.E 6 doesn’t.

Interesting idea.

I can’t say for definite, but I dont recall, at least, being asked to provide low-res textures with all of my products.  As a result I can’t say I’ve really considered it.  If someone has though, I apologise in advance for my senility.

In theory, it’s a few hours work.  But it’s where do you draw the line.  Do you create 3/4 size? 1/2 size? 1/4? All of them?  Do you then create a set of low-resolution cr2’s, or just material files? or both? You’d then have to do the same for both Poser and DS.  It’s certainly do-able, but I’m not sure whether it would be worth it.

I could be totally wrong - and that is where people need to get in touch… and sufficient amounts of people too.  Sadly if there’s just a couple of people it does make it difficult to justify the time (as well as the increased download size).

It’s an interesting topic though, and I’m happy to discuss it further smile

I have never mentioned this here in the Jas thread but I have mentioned is elsewhere and in the old forums but never directed to anyone, just in general passing so to speak.

Since posting that and looking in to batch processing I would like to retract the above said statement as it is now so simple to do and to make you own low res preset that I don’t and can’t ask an overworked vendor to spend more time just for the few who would beneift from it. Yes some props don’t have many texture maps which is easy to do one at a time but I have sets with a large number of high res maps hence the batch processing.

This also taught me to search before opening my gob. Irfanview I have and use on a daily basis and had no idea it could do Batches. Now I do thanks MFM

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 12 December 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1049 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0

Well, glad to hear you’ve learnt how to do it.

I’m open to the idea - but like I said, there would have to be a decent amount of demand.  To date, I haven’t had any.. so if it’s something you would like to see, get in touch smile

Signature 

Visit my DAZ store

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1050 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09

Making low-res textures and then special MAT files to apply them is a huge amount of work. Most people seem happy with doing their own reductions at present.

A small render from within GiS Sigma looking out at other parts of the system through the windows and in reflections. I called it “A Tour of the Base”. The figures really ought to be a bit smaller scale which would make the structure even more immense and impressive. Bet she’ll cut their funding anyway.

Image Attachments
BaseTour.jpg
 Signature 

Freebies

70 of 100