Digital Art Zone

Editing a .CR2 file
Posted: 08 March 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  660
Joined  2013-01-27

Does anyone know what the syntax is for position in a .CR2 file? I need to alter the centre (so it loads at my world centre instead of miles away)

It’s part of Dream Home and as I will never need to build the whole house, I want to be able to load each room dead centre

Posted: 08 March 2013 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

why not just move the model to the center of the scene and save the file to a new Cr2?  If you’re not using Poser, but DS, you should have saved it to a DUF file anyway…

Rule of thumb for Cr2 files, if its something you’re actually going to use, save to a DUF Support Asset first.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 08 March 2013 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  756
Joined  2003-10-09

origin 0 0 0

will set the figure’s rotation point to the center. But if the XYZ trans values arem#t at the zero default, you’d have to set them individually to zero.

mac

Posted: 08 March 2013 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2428
Joined  2003-12-06

There was a post in the old forums for a set of poses to return the Dream Home parts to the centre. Anyone still got a pointer to that?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 09 March 2013 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-27
wancow - 08 March 2013 03:29 PM

why not just move the model to the center of the scene and save the file to a new Cr2?  If you’re not using Poser, but DS, you should have saved it to a DUF file anyway…

Rule of thumb for Cr2 files, if its something you’re actually going to use, save to a DUF Support Asset first.

I know how to save a prop to .DUF, but how do I save to .CR2 ?

(will it overwrite the icon? Hope not)

Posted: 09 March 2013 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14435
Joined  2003-10-09

Why not save as a scene preset? If you do export as CR2, use a different name and it won’t delete the other file’s thumbnail - which you can then copy and rename to use with the scene preset or new cr2.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 09 March 2013 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-27
Richard Haseltine - 09 March 2013 06:05 AM

Why not save as a scene preset? If you do export as CR2, use a different name and it won’t delete the other file’s thumbnail - which you can then copy and rename to use with the scene preset or new cr2.

aha! it’s “export” to .CR2 rather than “Sav as..” thanks. Didn’t think of that

(another content library frustration is that all the Dream Home rooms are tucked away in

Poser formats > My Library > Figures !!

I think of a figure as a person, I’d never think to look there for it.

:(

Posted: 10 March 2013 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

If you’re in DAZ Studio 4.xx, you really don’t want to be dealing with any Poser files save when you import them.  All poser formats ARE imports.  You can save as/support asset/scene asset for any file that is not a simple prop or TriAx WM figure…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 11 March 2013 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-27
wancow - 10 March 2013 01:46 PM

If you’re in DAZ Studio 4.xx, you really don’t want to be dealing with any Poser files save when you import them.  All poser formats ARE imports.  You can save as/support asset/scene asset for any file that is not a simple prop or TriAx WM figure…

ah… that’s a good idea. Then I could remove that annoying “Poser formats” level in my content library and store all assets exactly where I want them

(I only just discovered last week that you can store things apart from scenes…very cool. You can even store your own poses and stuff, which is great! Saves me having to pose stuff every time)