Digital Art Zone

ALT key crashes Carrara
Posted: 08 March 2013 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2007-09-21

Recently, touching the alt key crashes Carrara 8.5 build 132 and I lose everything.  I am a frequent user of the alt key for navigation.  I recently installed Vue 11, and this started happening.  What kind of overlap could I be experiencing?  Any ideas?  I’d hate to have to purge my system to start from scratch but I really need to have the ALT key.

BTW, where can I get a download link for the latest beta?  I read the post in the Carrara discussion forum to obtain the serial number, but I don’t see a download link.

Posted: 08 March 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7656
Joined  2009-07-13

are you on Mac by some chance?
RichardChaos had that issue I believe

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 March 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1387
Joined  2011-01-03

If you are not on a Mac, look inside the Application Event Log for an application crash entry. I’d be curious to see what it says…and I might be able to point you toward a cause.

Just hitting the ALT key is definitely extremely weird as a root cause. There must be something more going on.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments