Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
17 chic clothes problem
Posted: 08 March 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25

i saw this in the shirt but it seems to have ugly cling under the chest, almost like it was autofitted badly.  Not really impressed! was an instant pass.

Posted: 08 March 2013 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-09-11

The genesis base character with just the undershirt mesh, i can have an intern do better than this.

Image Attachments
untitled.png

Posted: 08 March 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1575
Joined  2008-11-10

My guess that the shirt was never meant to be worn as two pieces, otherwise it would have been designed as such. It’s not really a morph to show either parts; the sections are probably more materials for texturing. So the inside of the shirt was probably pulled in so that smoothing wouldn’t do wonky things with the two material zones and colliding with Genesis. So really it’s not an issue because the outfit was never advertised to be worn as such. If you need a plain white shirt separate, I would look at 4blueyes’s items because that’s what you probably need instead of a outfit that was used as an over and outer shirt.

Posted: 08 March 2013 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-11
Male-M3dia - 08 March 2013 09:44 AM

My guess that the shirt was never meant to be worn as two pieces, otherwise it would have been designed as such. It’s not really a morph to show either parts; the sections are probably more materials for texturing. So the inside of the shirt was probably pulled in so that smoothing wouldn’t do wonky things with the two material zones and colliding with Genesis. So really it’s not an issue because the outfit was never advertised to be worn as such. If you need a plain white shirt separate, I would look at 4blueyes’s items because that’s what you probably need instead of a outfit that was used as an over and outer shirt.

i agree, i only purchased this product because i could not get a discount on a 4blueyes item to work that was clearly in the “category sale” so i’m on this topic by chance, would not have started this post and left it to “more daz junk”

but now that i’m here in this post, consumers expect quality above everything else, if one can’t put out a quality product you are left with nothing.

i do not agree with the “advertised as such”, i would think most people look at material zones on what they can do with a product and i think clothing makers would be wrong to think otherwise, or at least people are dissapointed if that is the case.

but this is my fault, i’m am only happy with clothing items by sickleyield and like 2 other vendors.

edit: the “SY layered tees” something i own, is a perfect example on how it should be done.

Posted: 08 March 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
3d-username - 08 March 2013 10:06 AM

i do not agree with the “advertised as such”, i would think most people look at material zones on what they can do with a product and i think clothing makers would be wrong to think otherwise, or at least people are dissapointed if that is the case.

You don’t have to agree with it, but that’s really how it is. Take a look at 4blueeyes’s promos for the layered tshirt… see how the promos show that the product can be used sleeveless and also shows list of morphs. That’s how it’s advertised, so the expectation is that you’ll be able to do that. Assuming that with a product that doesn’t show how the parts can be used separately isn’t bad modelling when it doesn’t do what you want it to do. Still with a few minutes with a magnet or in hexagon you could kitbash it into something of your liking. I know i’ve made some adjustment on shirts or pants in other products so they can be used with other sets.

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-11

where are all the admins? Richard, anyone? phone number…

i purchased with another item, i would like to return this item and keep the other. is it better on your end to refund the entire order and for me to repurchase one and the item that discount is now working, or to get a refund for just one of the items and make all new purchases.

itmseems to be complicated because the discount was merged for both and not sure the way around.

thanks in advance

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-11
Male-M3dia - 08 March 2013 10:59 AM
3d-username - 08 March 2013 10:06 AM

You don’t have to agree with it, but that’s really how it is. Take a look at 4blueeyes’s promos for the layered tshirt… see how the promos show that the product can be used sleeveless and also shows list of morphs. That’s how it’s advertised, so the expectation is that you’ll be able to do that. Assuming that with a product that doesn’t show how the parts can be used separately isn’t bad modelling when it doesn’t do what you want it to do. Still with a few minutes with a magnet or in hexagon you could kitbash it into something of your liking. I know i’ve made some adjustment on shirts or pants in other products so they can be used with other sets.

well then let’s agree to disagree, but i for one refuse to continue to look the other way on sub-par items as i have done in the past.
i did not start this post so i know that at least there was one other person that had different expectations for this item, and for every person that posts a problem there are others that just go with the flow.

BETTER THAN RISK FREE

We’re so convinced that you’ll like our products that we offer a 30-day money back guarantee with every purchase made on our site! Try out any product in our store for thirty days. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase we’ll give you your money back.

And that’s more than a guarantee.
It’s our personal promise.

Comprehensive Customer Service: If you have any questions about any of the items listed above, the Platinum Savings Club and membership benefits, or about anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our sales support staff will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Home of the original 30-day money back guarantee.

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
3d-username - 08 March 2013 11:10 AM

well then let’s agree to disagree, but i for one refuse to continue to look the other way on sub-par items as i have done in the past.

Fine, but still an item is not subpar if it does what it was supposed to do, not if it didn’t meet your expectations as a substitute for another item that actually did what you wanted. You were going to have to do adjustments anyway to get it to do what you wanted, so I’m rather puzzled. Oh well.

i did not start this post so i know that at least there was one other person that had different expectations for this item

And those issues were actually solved by a simple adjustment, that any one can do.

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-11
Male-M3dia - 08 March 2013 11:19 AM

Fine, but still an item is not subpar if it does what it was supposed to do, not if it didn’t meet your expectations as a substitute for another item that actually did what you wanted. You were going to have to do adjustments anyway to get it to do what you wanted, so I’m rather puzzled. Oh well.

i did not start this post so i know that at least there was one other person that had different expectations for this item

And those issues were actually solved by a simple adjustment, that any one can do.

well then let’s agree to disagree.

richard once said “clothing is made for the base gensis shape,  then ...” or something very similar in this very forum. the undershirt should conform to the base shape, plain and simple or it brings up a whole bunch of issues on different characters.

i noticed the issue prior to making the overshirt invisible, so in my opinion it is a sub-par product and does not even conform to the most basic standards, but yes you are right everyone has different standards.

no hacks or adjustments should be needed to make a genesis clothing item work with the base genesis shape (again my opinion)

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-11

trying to see your point of view, if one did not want users to have access to the surface under the t-shirt area, would it not have been better to remove that mesh area all together and just weld the sleeves to the t-shirt?

it would have had a much lower poly count, it would have conformed to the base genesis mesh without any morphing issues and it would make much more sense in the surface tab when adjusting materials.

so to understand your point of view, a well designed item should have an entire torso area of mesh that serves no use, and does not conform to the base genesis mesh? what am i missing?

i’m really trying to understand this because i have made, edited several items for in house use, and would really like to understand a well made mesh so i know what the thinking is.

Posted: 08 March 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

The longsleeved shirt doesn’t even conform to the base Genesis figure.  No wonder it won’t work for any morph.  It would be nice to use the longsleeved shirt on it own.

Male-M3dia - 08 March 2013 09:44 AM

If it wasn’t designed to be used separately; why model the torso?  If they were meant to be used together; it would make more sense to model just the long sleeves, the bottom hem & the neck..

Image Attachments
Image1.jpgImage2.jpg
 Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 08 March 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13691
Joined  2003-10-09

If you wish to return the item you need to open a support ticket - I have no idea whether they will be able to swap this for another item, to maintain the March Madness discount, or not.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 08 March 2013 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3321
Joined  2009-08-05

Agreed, I bought this as well and because of the built in boobs, it doesn’t work well on men. Think this was designed for female shapes only, but even so, it should be designed to fit on the base making it more universal. The “pre-modelled” boobs are pointless. It just strips down functionality and does not serve any real purpose. Don’t even let me get started on the tights, lower the opacity on it and you will see how much space there is between it and the actual leg mesh.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 08 March 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10
Male-M3dia - 08 March 2013 11:19 AM

Fine, but still an item is not subpar if it does what it was supposed to do

It doesn’t do what it was supposed to do. Like other conforming clothing for Genesis, it was supposed to avoid intersecting the underlying character so smoothing and morph following can work correctly.

Also ‘subpar’ has exactly nothing to do with whether an item performs as advertised, but rather, how it compares to other items. It’s a completely relative term.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 08 March 2013 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-11
Agent_Unawares - 08 March 2013 06:14 PM

Also ‘subpar’ has exactly nothing to do with whether an item performs as advertised, but rather, how it compares to other items. It’s a completely relative term.

subpar may not have been the right term for this item, but the point stands that i have purchased way to many items that just don’t meet basic mesh standards and are cobbled together, even if it performs as advertised, and this is not limited to clothing items.

i don’t return many items because only purchase from a few vendors that provide good products over and over again. i did not follow my own advice this time, my bad.

2 of 3