Digital Art Zone

10 of 18
March Madness - the rules of the game
Posted: 17 March 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2006-01-14

AndyBerlin is correct. What is part of MM is a Platinum Club Annual Membership, not a renewal of membership. The 50% will be taken off the $99.95. Several of us did this last time it was MM on the 5th. Add to cart, contact support and the new account will be merged with the original.

Cheers smile

Posted: 17 March 2013 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25

wrong, if you already have a membership, the membership in the store is a renewal. It shows up at renewal price, NOT on sale. THAT should e 50% off.

Posted: 17 March 2013 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13719
Joined  2003-10-09

It shows at renewal price because the basic MM discount, 30%, is the same as the PC discount - but it is only the sale that is showing. However, last time round support did say that the correct way to renew was to use the pay now button in your account, though I’m not clear how or if that will get you the 50% discount - but I think it will get you 30% off the renewal price, which would be 51% off the full membership so you are coming out ahead over all.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 March 2013 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
Richard Haseltine - 17 March 2013 09:19 AM

It shows at renewal price because the basic MM discount, 30%, is the same as the PC discount - but it is only the sale that is showing. However, last time round support did say that the correct way to renew was to use the pay now button in your account, though I’m not clear how or if that will get you the 50% discount - but I think it will get you 30% off the renewal price, which would be 51% off the full membership so you are coming out ahead over all.

I’m not so sure about that, it caused me a headache. I purchased a new membership that way 2 days before my current one was to expire and it still purchased another membership the day before expiration. Daz took care of me, but it was still a headache.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 17 March 2013 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  935
Joined  2011-05-19

LOL I had the same problems… I do not get the admin of the PC membership. I like to encourage people to join, but its a admin is an embarrassing nightmare from my perspective. 
It was the same experience during the Oct PC sale.:

When I add PC Club renewal to cart I just get the renewal rate.  No further discounts are applied for existing members.
  The extra 10% for having Akiko is not even applied.  MM pricing schemes do not seem to be really geared for PC members.

What ever - PC members wouldn’t be interested in a bargain anyway - way too sophisticated for that.

We pay more for our discounts, spend more time and money on Daz3d.com

Admin of the program should be more accommodating and respectful of its PC members.  I don’t like feeling like I am trying to “cheat” the system to find the price I am entitled to.  And I hate asking support for corrections and refunds.  . I leave lots of $ on the table to avoid the harassing CS and being inconvenienced.  And yes, I do get the feeling that I need to prove something each time to CS cause they do not thoroughly research a customers position. CS appears to rely on the Customer supplying all transaction evidence - even when the data is in the DAZ system.  This is nonsense.

Signature 

just a dreamcutter

Posted: 17 March 2013 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

See, this is why I don’t want a membership and why I just renewed membership elsewhere.  The PC membership shows up in the store at the renewal price NOT ON SALE.  NOT ON SALE folks! If the renewal does not get 50% off plus the 10% for Aiko then its just another example of misleading sale practice.  Daz needs to get in gear and FIX the lack of a renewal in the STORE.

Posted: 17 March 2013 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

I hope this marketing scheme is NOT repeated ever again.

Can anyone explain this?

I added to my cart:

Marrakesh Souks 2012 (reg $29.95 - 30% off = $20.97)
The AntFarm WorkBot (reg $14.95 - 30% off = $10.47)
The AntFarm ScuttleBot (reg $11.95 - 30% off = $8.37)

Discount is $11.37, which is 50% off for all three products.

Then I added The AntFarm PD Cruiser (reg $9.95 = 51% off - $4.88)

Discount is now $12.77.

AndyBerlin - 16 March 2013 10:18 AM
Satira Capriccio - 16 March 2013 08:20 AM

I do NOT get 50% off any new releases purchased on the day of release.

Did
Land of the Ice Cold Sun
Age of Steel
Archimedes Prime

not qualify for the 50% off?

I only get the 50% off when I purchase older products from the category/artist sale.

Land of the Ice Cold Sun and Age of Steel are not part of March Madness, they are ordinary new releases with the usual 30% off.
Archimedes Prime is part of March Madness, for the 50% off, choose another item from the March Madness Day 16 category.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 17 March 2013 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13719
Joined  2003-10-09

PD Cruiser is a DAZ original, so you are getting a 30% discount for that too and it’s already included in the price in your cart, so it doesn’t show in the additional discount - that is the apparent discrepancy..

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 March 2013 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  935
Joined  2011-05-19

For me, March Maddness IS delivering value.  In reviewing my acquisitions to date I spent about $350 yet received well over $750 in list price value.  So while its been an effort to procure, I feel that the MM sale has offered good product at great prices. I like the fact that the PA products are dominating this sale.  And that the sale includes a diverse selection of products from figures, motions and vehicle 3d content, and some very utilities and licenses.  I got even more bang than the PC sale and DAZ got more cash smile MM is a win-win in my case.
Daz having cash is a good thing for all of us smile Better than going to a bank fee or dental filling.  Especially if it keeps DS development free of cost for us.  ...This coming from a toothless prospector who keeps his nuggets under a pillow guarded by a S&W 45.

Signature 

just a dreamcutter

Posted: 17 March 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10783
Joined  2007-11-06

..agh! Howie Farkes’ store is on sale:

I want all the Harpwood County sets and his new World Gardens Maze

Just to check it out put it all in my cart and the final cost was 86.71.

Total full price would be 192.65

Yep comes to a 55% savings.

Still more than I can afford (unless there’s a special discount for buying just about everything a PA has in their store) cheese

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 17 March 2013 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1676
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
Yeah…today hit me where I live.  I finally picked up C8P, one of Howie Farkes sets to see how good it really is, an annual membership (I’ll contact support tonight), and both the Ron’s Brushes bundles, as well as a few random items.

Combination of post-payday with bonus, and awesome sales. smile

—Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 17 March 2013 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10783
Joined  2007-11-06

..OK could no longer resist.  ended up getting several of Howie Farkes’, beautiful sets for Carrara.  Didn’t get all I wanted (86$was a bit too much) but got the ones I love so much.

I thought I wouldn’t buy much this year, especially since I just lost my job, However, now I have the power to work with these beautiful sets. I can’t resist, The ones I bought will work so well for my story and that is what is important.

Sometimes you have to put your love above what others feel is “sensible”.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 18 March 2013 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5620
Joined  2006-02-20

Shouldn’t Easy Environments Eternal Sands be on sale too? http://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-eternal-sands
The Readme tells me it was released 2013-01-17 http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15599/start
Today it is 2013-03-18.

Thanks to AndyBerlin:
If the the release date counts as the first day, then today is day 61.
31 - 17 = 14 (January)
14 + 28 = 42 (February)
42 + 18 = 60 (March)
60 + 1 = 61 (Release Date)

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 18 March 2013 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
Kerya - 18 March 2013 02:13 AM

Shouldn’t Easy Environments Eternal Sands be on sale too? http://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-eternal-sands
The Readme tells me it was released 2013-01-17 http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15599/start
Today it is 2013-03-18.

Thanks to AndyBerlin:
If the the release date counts as the first day, then today is day 61.
31 - 17 = 14 (January)
14 + 28 = 42 (February)
42 + 18 = 60 (March)
60 + 1 = 61 (Release Date)

Since 2am no acknowledgement form admin or anyone else and the product is still full price. I would have purchased it along with the EE Winter and EE Greenlands, both purchased this morning. Oh well.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 18 March 2013 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

So Daz has said earlier that PC items and the “value” category items do NOT count for MM discounts by today value category items are part of march madness category feature, what gives???

Sheesh I feel like I can’t believe anything Daz says anymore.

10 of 18