Digital Art Zone

1 of 18
March Madness - the rules of the game
Posted: 07 March 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14318
Joined  2003-10-09

Since there seems to be a certain amount of confusion over how the savings work Britney has gone over the way they work with me and I’m going to try explaining things here.

There are five groups of items on the March Madness page:

New Releases - items that are (mostly) newly released on the day, plus occasionally a re-release of an item that was previously available for a limited time.
Featured items - individual items, some previous days’ new items and some items from further back
Category/Artist Sales - entire sections of the store
Don’t Miss the Madness - a link that brings up all of the items from the previous three sections
More Madness - items that, if one or more has been purchased, earn an extra 10% discount

Adding any single item from the first four groups to your cart will get a 30% discount on the base price ($1.99 and $2.99 items excepted, for Platinum Club members). In fact, as far as March Madness discounts are concerned the first three groups are all the same - which is why there’s a single link for all in the fourth group.
Adding any two, or more, items from the first four groups to your cart will get a 50% discount on the base price ($1.99 and $2.99 items excepted, for Platinum Club members).
AND
Adding an item from the last group to your cart, or having purchased an item from that group previously, will apply a further, separate, 10% discount to the discounted prices of items from the first four groups - but only one extra 10% discount will apply, no matter how many items from the last group you buy.
AND
If you are a Platinum Club member then you will get a further, separate, 30% discount on the discounted price of any item with DAZ 3D as the vendor, after all other discounts.
The 50% and additional 10% discounts will be shown on the confirmation page and in the full page cart view, but not in the pop-up cart.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————-

So, to work out your price if you want to check:
Step 1
For a single item base price *.7 gives you the price that appears on the store page for non-DAZ items, and for non-PC members.

For two or more items base price*.5 gives you the price if there are two items from the first four groups in your cart. This will not show in the pop-up cart, only in the full page cart or the final order summary.

Step 2
If you are a PC member and one or more items list DAZ3D as the vendor take the item’s price from step 1*.7.

Step 3
Take the price after step 2 and multiply by .9 if you have bought any items from the fifth group, More Madness. This will not show in the pop-up cart, only in the full page cart and the final order summary

——————————————————————————————————————————————————-

So, if we have:
New releases:
Imperial Torture Bot, from Stonemason - $49.95 base price
Featured items:
Unflateable Pony For Genesis, from DAZ 3d - $9.95 base price
Zombie Spuggles, from RawArt - base price $29.95
Stores and categories:
Victoria 1 category

You place Imperial Torture Bot in your cart and you haven’t bought any of the More Madness items:
Step 1 $49.95*.7 = $34.96
Step 2 no change as it isn’t a DAZ item
Step 3 no change
Final price $34.96

You place Imperial Torture Bot in your cart and you have bought Garibaldi Express, one of the More Madness items:
Step 1 $49.95*.7 = $34.96
Step 2 no change as it isn’t a DAZ item
Step 3 $34.96*.9 = $31.46
Final price $31.46

You place Imperial Torture Bot and Zombie Spuggles in your cart (have you considered consulting a psychiatrist?) and you have bought Garibaldi Express, one of the More Madness items:
Step 1 $49.95*.5 + $29.95*.5 = $35.95
Step 2 no change as neither is a DAZ item
Step 3 $35.95*.9 = $35.95
Final price $35.95

You place Imperial Torture Bot and Unflateable Pony For Genesis in your cart and you have bought Garibaldi Express, one of the More Madness items, and you are a PC member:
Step 1 ($49.95*.5 = $24.97) + ($9.95*.5 = $4.97) = $29.95
Step 2 4.97*.7 = $3.48, plus $24.97 = $28.45
Step 3 $28.45*.9 = $25.61
Final price $25.61

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 07 March 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2408
Joined  2003-12-06

Yes, there is confusion over the MM discounts — and a lot of it is because of things that are broken and not properly applying the discounts. E.g. the Platea bundle from 2nd March, this was not applying the full two-items-in-cart discount, although the other MM-eligible item in my cart did have the full discounts showing. The individual parts of the Platea bundle were discounting properly, not the bundle itself.

There were a lot of confused and annoyed people discussing this on (I think) the MM thread a few days ago, so it’s not just me.

I just got a reply to my support ticket from 2nd March that made no sense and closed it as “deemed solved”, which it very definitely was not. Do the people answering tickets know there are these broken items not discounting properly?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 07 March 2013 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2006-04-15

Just an FYI, I actually went and looked for the Imperial Torture Bot.red face

Posted: 07 March 2013 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I can not find the Unflateable Pony For Genesis either. tongue wink

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 March 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2012-02-04

Ridiculously complicated really. 
Just give us the 50%!

You know you want to.  raspberry

Posted: 07 March 2013 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4282
Joined  2011-11-25

Thanks for the helpful post. I admit you lost me, but that was too funny!

Posted: 07 March 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1259
Joined  2011-09-13

We need to start a petition for Stonemason to make the Imperial Torture Bot, and for RawArt to make Zombie Spuggles.

Alas, the Unflateable Pony doesn’t suit my needs. But others can carry the torch for that one. smile

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 07 March 2013 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  255
Joined  2005-07-17

Well done, Richard, and thank you Britney.

Posted: 08 March 2013 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11195
Joined  2007-11-06

...made the first purchase of the sale tonight.

Picked up Marieah/Sickleyield’s Flower Power and Mattymanx’s My Best Friend pose set.

Final price was 16.16 which is 55% off (50% for 2 MM items and the additional 10% for Aiko5)

Of course I’m waiting rather impatiently for Zombie Spuggles, from RawArt.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 08 March 2013 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Thanks Richard, she says, and backs cautiously away from the DAZ store.  One cannot trust a maddened beast not to suddenly attack. 

Nor should one tempt said beast by tossing money at it.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 08 March 2013 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1097
Joined  2010-09-19

LOL  LOL  LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do

Image Attachments
keep_calm.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 08 March 2013 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-02-20

Zombie Spuggles! Now I want Zombie Spuggles! AND Imperial Torture Bot!
ROTFL - and thank you!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 08 March 2013 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  334
Joined  2003-10-09
Storypilot - 07 March 2013 08:16 PM

We need to start a petition for Stonemason to make the Imperial Torture Bot, and for RawArt to make Zombie Spuggles.

Alas, the Unflateable Pony doesn’t suit my needs. But others can carry the torch for that one. smile

And how long have DAZ been promising us the Unflateable Pony?

Now they tease us with Zombie Spuggles and the Imperial Torture Bot, and hint that they’ll be coming ‘SOON’. Well, we all know what that means.

So what are they going to promise us next? Texture add-ons for the Millenium Cow? Aiko’s Home Trepanation Kit? The Mix’n'Match Cutie Teen Fashion Pak for Tyrannosaurus Rex by Dinoraul? RawArt’s Perfectly Normal-Looking Guy Who Isn’t Sinister or Freakish At All? The Ultimate Skimpwear Collection? Stonemason’s new Everything You’ve Ever Heard Of In Ruins Mega-Pack? The Temple of Nudity Ready-to-Render Bundle (with Bonus Sword)?

Guys, guys, DAZ are just going to keep promising you this stuff that they’re never ever going to release. They’re just toying with us.

I’m fed up of this. Like the man said, we won’t get fooled again. I’m going to cancel my PC membership.

But not until they release the Unflateable Pony.

And the Imperial Torture Bot.

And Zombie Spuggles.

So there.

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 08 March 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve run out of fingers and toes to count on.

This really is too complicated, and it sure isn’t “fun,” like March Madness used to be.  Most of the threads I’ve seen of March Madness break down into longwinded discussions of how the prices break down, where they used to be (back in the Olden Days) more like “OMG, what are they gonna do next?”

Posted: 08 March 2013 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29
SpottedKitty - 07 March 2013 06:24 PM

Yes, there is confusion over the MM discounts — and a lot of it is because of things that are broken and not properly applying the discounts. E.g. the Platea bundle from 2nd March, this was not applying the full two-items-in-cart discount, although the other MM-eligible item in my cart did have the full discounts showing. The individual parts of the Platea bundle were discounting properly, not the bundle itself.

There were a lot of confused and annoyed people discussing this on (I think) the MM thread a few days ago, so it’s not just me.

I just got a reply to my support ticket from 2nd March that made no sense and closed it as “deemed solved”, which it very definitely was not. Do the people answering tickets know there are these broken items not discounting properly?

Yes, the same happened to me with my support ticket yesterday. A nonsense reply and ticket deemed solved. I complained that I only got 30% discount and not the advertised 50% discount on 4 items bought on March 2nd and Britney replied in a manner as if I wanted a 50% discount from the already discounted 30% price (which I did not), told me that the discount I received was correct and even went to explain that the 50% is meant to be off the base price. But I understood it just fine before, I was asking for a 50% discount off the base price.

I paid 70% of the base price for items that were featured as March Maddness items for that day, I don´t understand how that can be considered as receiving correct discount. They were 4 (= more than 2, last time I checked), they were all in cart at the same time, they were from stores that were part of March Maddness sale that day - so I should have received a 50% discount (=pay half of the base price), not just 30% discount.

It seemed as if Britney only read the title of my ticket, immediately classified it as “another one who counted the discount in a wrong way and now unjustly complains” and did not read any further to determine whether my request is justified or not… confused

Posted: 08 March 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-02-20
angusm - 08 March 2013 06:19 AM

And how long have DAZ been promising us the Unflateable Pony?

But, but, but - we DID get the Unflateable Pony.
I’ve got it in my orders file ... 04/01/2011, yes, unflateable Pony.
Maybe they will release it again for 04/01/2013?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

1 of 18