Looking for realistic Daz water shader - Non texture based.

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,642
edited December 1969 in The Commons

One that is a Pure shader that works with the mesh. I hate texture based shaders. I want a water shader that can be applied to any geometry I want and turns it into water. If it exists please point me to the store link. Thanks

Comments

  • mbinmbin Posts: 9
    edited June 2012

    Zev0 said:
    One that is a Pure shader that works with the mesh. I hate texture based shaders. I want a water shader that can be applied to any geometry I want and turns it into water. If it exists please point me to the store link. Thanks

    If you get the Reality plug in (now available on offer at renderosity) you can have any geometry and select its material to be water, (or glass fog etc)... ;) http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/reality-2-for-daz-studio/92598

    here's a few examples;- Click to see larger or click the download to see bigest)
    http://fav.me/d4cvy3x
    http://fav.me/d4ncuve
    http://fav.me/d3i4weh
    http://fav.me/d3i0uyj
    http://fav.me/d4yq7i7

    ...I didn't include the ones listed as mature content, but if you look through my gallery, every image uses reality plug in to enable the Lux renderer. Best money I ever spent! ;)

    You also get all the caustics thrown in for free, as if it happens with the materisl and the light in real life, it will when rendered with Lux via the reality plug in!

    Hope this helps?

    Post edited by mbin on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,642
    edited December 1969

    Daz shader not Reality. I don't use Reality.

  • mbinmbin Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

    Zev0 said:
    Daz shader not Reality. I don't use Reality.

    fair enough! ...but its still probably the best solution... It will give far more realistic results. But each to their own! ;) (I don't know much about native daz stuff, as I only started using daz since Reality came out!)

    ...hope you find what you are looking for! ;)

  • ThinMickThinMick Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    There's a great tutorial for water here. With a little adjustment, it works for pretty much any fluid.

  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 605
    edited December 1969

    There were some shaders taken out of Bryce that could be used in Studio but they only worked in Version 2 and wouldn't work in Studio 3+ :( I really wish those would get updated, they were very nice shaders :(

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,642
    edited December 1969

    ThinMick said:
    There's a great tutorial for water here. With a little adjustment, it works for pretty much any fluid.

    I'll experiment with these for now. Thanks

  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 2,157
    edited December 1969

    Fisty did a package of liquid Shaders for the PA 24 Days of Christmas last year. They need a skydome -- which she provided. I think there is a link somewhere here in the forums. Possibly in the one on the forthcomming gem shaders she and Marieah are working on.


    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/985/


    If not you could ask there. Mind you, the shaders may not be calibrated for use on *large* bodies of water.

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,642
    edited December 1969

    JOdel said:
    Fisty did a package of liquid Shaders for the PA 24 Days of Christmas last year. They need a skydome -- which she provided. I think there is a link somewhere here in the forums. Possibly in the one on the forthcomming gem shaders she and Marieah are working on.


    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/985/


    If not you could ask there. Mind you, the shaders may not be calibrated for use on *large* bodies of water.

    Found it. And it is perfect. Thanks:)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel