Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Red/Cyan 3D glasses recommended to look at this thread
Posted: 10 June 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2679
Joined  2004-07-06

Anaglyph Lens System test images.  If you want to know and see more, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/658/P60 but I thought thought I’d give everyone a chance to see if they could lay their hands on a set of glasses first.  The content of the scenes is borrowed from things Horo and I have already made, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&q=Horo+Brinnen&x=0&y=0 it’s mostly just about testing the lens system.  A final word of warning.  If wearing 3D glasses makes you feel dizzy, sick or fall to the floor twitching and frothing at the gob and gibbering about Cthulhu, either join an apocalyptic cult or stop wearing them.  They don’t suit everyone.

Image Attachments
Anag2.jpg
Another_space_scene_anaglyph_test1.jpg
Spark_plug_anaglyph.jpg
TA_render_test2.jpg
TA_render_test3.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 10 June 2012 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2137
Joined  2003-10-09

Heyyyy another red and blue goggle head…..

Image Attachments
The_Big_Wheel_small.jpg

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

my Android will only load the one picture
(looks cool though)
having connectivity issues

some of my silly anaglyph videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_WjkUgdNCo&list=PL396D0A55B0F92547&feature=view_all

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 10 June 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2003-10-09

COOL, stereo niceness !
I just thought of a new way to see these pictures in 3d without glasses !!
(And in coller without the Red/Cyan trick)

You callibrate you’re monitor to send, say, 50 images a sercond, and transmit the 2 images of the stereoscopic image one after the other in a sequense each 25 times a second, and plug a usb interphase in our brain that shuts of our left, and right eye of synchronous with the monitor,, PRESTO !!! cool grin

(Walks to the back of my house to look for my collor glasses until a forum member dicedes to stick a usb intephase in to my head)

Posted: 10 June 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2003-10-09

**Glasses on**

Pretty, me likes !  cool smile

I had the biggest expectations of the sf picture, but with glasses on I thought it is the weakest, shared stars and mountains backdrop spoils it, no matter, me enjoys !!

Posted: 10 June 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3480
Joined  2009-08-05

Make a plug in for daz:) Shouldnt be too hard:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2005-08-31

Took out my 3D glasses and looked at these images. AMAZING!

We definitely need a plugin or tutorial for Carrara.

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
BrianP21361 - 13 June 2012 06:38 PM

Took out my 3D glasses and looked at these images. AMAZING!

We definitely need a plugin or tutorial for Carrara.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2045/#25304
that is a link to the Poser tutorial I learned from. I don’t know much about Carrara but I am certain you could do the same thing with that. Its just a case of placing 2 cameras side by side, do a render for each camera, then combine the 2 images in the anaglyph maker, its pretty simple really

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

you only need two grouped paired cameras and for images, Anamaker or for my (some Carrara rendered btw) videos, stereo movie maker http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr/

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 June 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

it was a lot simpler than i expected, there are also tutorials on doing the anaglyph manually in photoshop, i think you can get a better effect that way, but i don’t have photoshop and i haven’t yet figured out how to do this in Paintshop Pro yet

Posted: 13 June 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

some anamaker quickies
and a fake anaglyph video I just uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG5NlFUQ5xk
(fake because it is the same panning video shifted a few frames for left/right)

Image Attachments
ana1.jpg
ana2.jpg
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 19 June 2012 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-08-31

Wendy,

It was much easier in Carrara than I thought. I created three cameras. A center one for setting the scene. Two parented cameras offset from the center by 0.1 feet. I use the center camera to set up the shot and then render the other two. Combine them in a program that creates anaglyphs (Bino 3D player in my case) and viola!

Thanks

Image Attachments
Alley.png

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
BrianP21361 - 19 June 2012 08:46 PM

Wendy,

It was much easier in Carrara than I thought. I created three cameras. A center one for setting the scene. Two parented cameras offset from the center by 0.1 feet. I use the center camera to set up the shot and then render the other two. Combine them in a program that creates anaglyphs (Bino 3D player in my case) and viola!

Thanks

I got my new Red n Blue goggles ( no longer using the cheap paper ones ) and this image looks incredible, well done

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2577
Joined  2012-02-04

When you set up the shot with the center camera, how do you keep the other two cameras synchronized to its position? Like if you rotate or translate the center camera, how do the other two follow it?

Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
barbult - 19 June 2012 09:20 PM

When you set up the shot with the center camera, how do you keep the other two cameras synchronized to its position? Like if you rotate or translate the center camera, how do the other two follow it?

In Poser I parent all my cameras to one camera. I normally only use 2 cameras a left and right, I parent my right camera to the left camera, from then on no matter how I move the left camera the right camera follows it.

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-08-31

barbult,

It really is as simple as LycanthropeX said. You create two cameras (I like three because the center one shows exactly what the composition will look like once it’s turned into an anaglyph. You need to parent one camera to another. I, Carrara, I duplicated one camera, dragged it on top of the original to parent it, then typed in an offset in the motion tab. 0.2 ft is about the average spacing between the eyes. Then I turned on the lock constrain so the child camera can’t move relative to the parent.

1 of 2