Digital Art Zone

Victoria 4.2 - How to apply Morphs to the figure?
Posted: 09 June 2012 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-02-08

I have installed the 4.2 Base figure and the ++ Morphs.

Under DAZ Victoria 4 / Morph Injections I see the “Base” and “Morph++” options which can be applied. Can you tell me how I can use them with the Victoria 4.2 figure.

I am searching and searching google, but dont find any good tutorial.

Posted: 09 June 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Parameters, after you Inject the Morphs. If you have the Powerloader installed and set it to automaticly load your morphs they will be under PARAMETERS very time you load a V4. Then you just slide the dials to add the Morphs.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 June 2012 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Hm. I still dont get it.

Here is what I do.

I go to the Morph Injection folder. There I double click the +INJ V4 Base item. Then I move to the Base folder and select “BrowSqueeze”.

Nothing happens. Also at the parameters tab I dont see anything changed.

Posted: 10 June 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Maybe this will help. If you look I added all my V4 morphs. That is what the Icons do. They add the morph, they do not set the morph to a value. The morph is added but still set to ZERO. If you move the slider the morph will change, and your V4 will change also.
All my Morphs say ZERO the Icons only put the Morph into V4. I must use the SLIDER to change the MORPH.

Image Attachments
Capture.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 10 June 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Well its somewhat clearer now.

Still I have the problem to add the injections.
According to you post if I lets say doulbe click the “Angry” icon at Morphs++ it should be loaded under parameters right? Then there I could use the slider to make V4 more or less angry.

The problem is that when i doulbe click “Angry” it doesnt show up under Parameters “All”.
I only have other options at “Deformers, Morphs and Shapes and Morphforms”. The other options work al least using the sliders.

I have installed the 3 Base and 3 Morph++ exe files. Also I created V4 new so that this power loader thing works. Even I have no idea what it does.

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI Noobisher smile

Depending on the morph,. it will show up when you have the “Head” of the figure selected, or the main body Model selected, ..then go to the parameters, and you should see the morphs.

If I remember correctly,.. the Base morphs should already be injected into the V4 figure when you load it.

If you’re using Daz Studio,. you should have got a “Power loader” installer, along with your V4 product.
The power loader is a Daz Studio Script, which will bring up a dialogue window when you load the figure into the scene and can auto load the Morphs you select,. this is handy if you have several packs of morphs, like the Creature creator, Morphs++, etc.

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 10 June 2012 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Thx for the information. This surely will make things easier for me.

As you seem to know what you talk about, I will take the opportunity to ask you for more information.

I consider buying The V4 and M4 shapes and the Genesis Generation X package.

The shapes package sizes Genesis to V4. What other function has this addon?
And second what does the Generation X package do?

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI Noobisher smile

The V4, M4 shapes do two things,. they give you the classic V4, M4 body shapes as morph dials, and they give you the ability to change the UV Mapping in the shader room to accept any V4, M4 textures.
So,.. It’s a real Library expander,.. if you’ve already bought a load of textures and clothing for V4, M4.

The Generation X product can be used to Transfer Morphs from V4, M4 into the genesis figure.

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

The Gen X addon will let you add your V4 morphs to the Genesis figure. V4 and Genesis are two different figures, genesis has morphs to let it look like a V4 but it does not have all the morphs that V4 does. So to be short, with Gen X you could ADD all your V4 Morphs ++ to the Genesis figure and make it look just like your V4 figure you designed with the V4 Morphs ++.

Why do that you might wonder? The Genesis figure is a much better figure when it comes to Posing. When you pose V4 sometimes you will notice it just looks weird. A crease in the elbow or at the knee, Genesis was designed to pose MUCH better, and to look much more Human. The Genesis figure can also use loads of textures, V4, M4, V5, M5, and many many more. It was built to make textures look the best they can. Genesis does not have the V4 Morphs++ built into it or other morph sets for the generation 4 (V4, M4, Freak 4 ect..) But the Gen X plugin will let you add them to Genesis.

Genesis has another great advantage. It can be any shape that has been made for it, V3,V4,V5,M3,M4,M5, and way more than that. You do not need all those other figures anymore, just the Genesis file for that Genesis figure. The draw back is as you have seen V4 has Morphs++ but Genesis will not use that pack because it was made for V4. Genesis will only use morphs built for it. V4 and other figures have lots of SHAPING Morphs that you can not get for Genesis yet. That is why Gen X and the older Morph sets are a good idea if you want to be able to do the best shapes you can ever think of doing.

But please be sure you CHECK for a Genesis Morph set before you buy a Morph set for another Figure. V4, M4 has Creature Creator set, Genesis also has a Creature Creator set. You really need to check what can be done with Genesis before you buy anything.

Just my two cents worth.

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Thx for the detailed explanations.

Posted: 10 June 2012 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13921
Joined  2003-10-09
3DAGE - 10 June 2012 04:01 AM

HI Noobisher smile

The V4, M4 shapes do two things,. they give you the classic V4, M4 body shapes as morph dials, and they give you the ability to change the UV Mapping in the shader room to accept any V4, M4 textures.
So,.. It’s a real Library expander,.. if you’ve already bought a load of textures and clothing for V4, M4.

The Generation X product can be used to Transfer Morphs from V4, M4 into the genesis figure.

No, the M4 and V4 uv mapping come with the base Genesis, as does the ability to use AutoFit to convert V4 and M4 clothes to fit Genesis. The shapes are just the shapes, nothing more - unlike the third generation shapes which add not only the shapes but also the ability to AutoFit clothing for those figures to Genesis (but no uv maps, as the material zones are too different).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 June 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Noobisher - 10 June 2012 01:20 AM

Well its somewhat clearer now.

Still I have the problem to add the injections.
According to you post if I lets say doulbe click the “Angry” icon at Morphs++ it should be loaded under parameters right? Then there I could use the slider to make V4 more or less angry.

The problem is that when i doulbe click “Angry” it doesnt show up under Parameters “All”.
I only have other options at “Deformers, Morphs and Shapes and Morphforms”. The other options work al least using the sliders.

I have installed the 3 Base and 3 Morph++ exe files. Also I created V4 new so that this power loader thing works. Even I have no idea what it does.

I did not point out that the Moprhs for the FACE will only show if you select the V4 HEAD. I’m sorry I left that part out. It is a very important part to learn. Each part of the body Chest, Head, ect… will show all the injected morphs for that part. ALL may leave some out. If you wish to get the best controll of a part of the body select that body part and check in Parameters and Shaping to find ALL the dials.

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2014 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2011-12-03

I’ve been over this thread several times, and I simply do not find the sliders in your pic. Is there a preferred order to loading the morphs? I generally load them, Base, ++, Elite, and Elite Face; morphs do appear to be loading, as the attached picture demonstrates, when I use a down loaded character, like Sondra, I get the results I want; so the script seems access the code; but If I click on an Asian Face, or Norwegian Eyes, or anything else; no sliders, ever. As usual with this application its 1 step forward 3 steps back.

I mean seriously why is everything a game of Hide and seek with the user with this application; Still the single most frustrating application I have ever used for any purpose.

Image Attachments
No_Sliders.jpg

Posted: 10 June 2014 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
Blackbirdx61 - 10 June 2014 06:02 PM

I’ve been over this thread several times, and I simply do not find the sliders in your pic. Is there a preferred order to loading the morphs? I generally load them, Base, ++, Elite, and Elite Face; morphs do appear to be loading, as the attached picture demonstrates, when I use a down loaded character, like Sondra, I get the results I want; so the script seems access the code; but If I click on an Asian Face, or Norwegian Eyes, or anything else; no sliders, ever. As usual with this application its 1 step forward 3 steps back.

I mean seriously why is everything a game of Hide and seek with the user with this application; Still the single most frustrating application I have ever used for any purpose.

Sondra is a custom morph, so it may be installed correctly, but that doesn’t mean your other morphs are.
1) Are you installing manually or with DIM?
2) If you have more than one Poser-format content folder, is V4 and all morphs installed to the same location?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 June 2014 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2011-12-03

Thanks, I’ve installed everything from DAZ store with the DIM for quite some time; I deleted my Vic cr2 file by hand then reinstalled; which seem to have done the job I have a lot more options now, and the power loader is working. Thanks again you guys in the support forum really do a great job. BB.