Digital Art Zone

 
   
5 of 6
5
Nothing showing up in Smart Content
Posted: 25 November 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

As it says the service is used by another service. That means you will need to set your PC to Allow the CMS service, it will then be assigned a service and run. That is the error I was speaking of. It can be caused by the OS or the AV so check both.

 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Profile
 
 
Posted: 26 November 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-03
Jaderail - 25 November 2013 04:59 PM

As it says the service is used by another service. That means you will need to set your PC to Allow the CMS service, it will then be assigned a service and run. That is the error I was speaking of. It can be caused by the OS or the AV so check both.

Thanks for replying, finally found the problem, had 2 Content manager folders, how I don’t know but once the 2nd one was gone I was able to import all the files and get smart content working. Thanks again. I feel a bit silly but at least found the problem.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 26 November 2013 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

AH!! Yes I forget that one. I had no idea you had a old content folder, thus the CMS was reading it at default.

 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Profile
 
 
Posted: 19 December 2013 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-08-25

“Smarties” (page two bottom post) fix worked for me thank you everyone for working to fix the problem!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-05-05

ive been reading these pages for hours and nothing changed,i uninstalled all my daz studio content even the install manager!then re installed daz studio 4.6 x64 and yeah nothing changed.i checked my cms and its running but nothing is showing in the smart content.ill call it retarded content from now on -__- uhhh.can anyone please help me or tell me what the heck is wrong with daz or me? id really appreciate it.

Image Attachments
sc.png
Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Active Member
Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts:  709
Joined  2014-03-28

anytime you look at the left thing there, and see no categories under “ALL”, it is a clear sign that CMS is not running.

A corrupted data base may make it crash, when you start Daz studio. Or what Jaderail has pointed out about permissions or AV.

 Signature 

MyDaz Gallery | A computer is a tool that is supposed to make our lives easier, not make our lives wait for the computer.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-05-05

i uninstalled my windows,and installed all the programs again…also DAZ3D ofcourse.Downloaded daz install manager to start from scratch,installed it again and…..this time even the content manager doesnt show up on my processes…i can consider myself as a new Daz3d user but i’ve been using cg softwares since forever and never saw such a crappy buggy hard to get used yo software like Daz…The help documents and such are not even up to date for the latest version…And i cant understand how they change the user interface in major way from one version to the other…uhhhhhhhh…so it seems like the content manager is insisting on not working even if i activate it from its location in C:/daz folder nor from start menu.Giving my best regards to the developers <3

edit : after a few mintues this picture came up again .i guess im giving up -______-

Image Attachments
Untitled.png
Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-05-05

and here lies my most recent try out…

Image Attachments
Untitled.png
Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2004-06-13

Look for CMS under Services to see if it is running.

 Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Administrator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8422
Joined  2007-11-06

If I read you correctly, it takes several minutes from when you start the CMS for it to show up in Task Manager?  That sounds to me like an antivirus or firewall blocking it

 Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-05-05

actually i figured out that it sometimes turns on sometimes doesnt.but no matter what,nothing changes in the smart content panel…and yeah it also shows up in the services.i decided to uninstall it and install again now its all corrupt.is there a way to remove daz and all of its system files from the computer?install manager leaves so much rubbish behind.im starting toget sick of it -_-

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Active Member
Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts:  709
Joined  2014-03-28

I notice the RAM usage is rather high, akin to the levels I had when I was trying to run Daz Studio 4.6 on Windows XP 32bit with only 3GB of RAM.

I’m not accusing, only pointing out, that Daz Studio need way more ‘real ram’ to work properly. What OS are you using, and how much ‘Real Ram’ is in the computer.

The OS makes a difference as to where the CMS database is kept. It only takes deleting the five CMS database files, and restarting CMS, assuming nothing else in the computer is blocking CMS.
(Screen-cap from XP)

Image Attachments
CMS_dbase101.png
 Signature 

MyDaz Gallery | A computer is a tool that is supposed to make our lives easier, not make our lives wait for the computer.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 May 2014 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Administrator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

The Simple Question here is Do you have the Content(s) folders mapped to DAZ Studio in Preferances for one.
And another, you may need to Reset the DataBase and Re-Import your Metadata as it appears the DB is corrupted.
The FAST way to Destroy the CMS database is to Install content with DAZ Studio Open and Running.
Never install content with DAZ Studio Open, not with DIM or by Hand. The DB pointers are in use and THAT causes errors in the DB file.
Errors in The DB file can cause slow loads of the CMS and only a few items to not function to the CMS fully Crashing and Stopping.
90% of all DB and CMS errors are caused by installs. The other 10% are the CMS being blocked by a Firewall, or a Anti Virus program.

 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Profile
 
 
Posted: 17 May 2014 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-05-05
Jaderail - 16 May 2014 03:59 PM

The Simple Question here is Do you have the Content(s) folders mapped to DAZ Studio in Preferances for one.
And another, you may need to Reset the DataBase and Re-Import your Metadata as it appears the DB is corrupted.
The FAST way to Destroy the CMS database is to Install content with DAZ Studio Open and Running.
Never install content with DAZ Studio Open, not with DIM or by Hand. The DB pointers are in use and THAT causes errors in the DB file.
Errors in The DB file can cause slow loads of the CMS and only a few items to not function to the CMS fully Crashing and Stopping.
90% of all DB and CMS errors are caused by installs. The other 10% are the CMS being blocked by a Firewall, or a Anti Virus program.

yep mycontents are mapped to the preferences.i also tried resetting the database and re importing the metadata several times and i never installed content while daz is running.Actually i tried everything that i read in this forum about this issue with a great patience.But nada…i gave up trying to make the smart content work…i’ll use the content library which is a pain to find the stuff youre looking for…As a customer i really can not understand how can the most important panel of a software can be this much buggy and filled with problems…There are hundreds of topics about the same issue but still not fixed properly as it seems.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 22 May 2014 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
New Member
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-05-05

so i just installed the public beta today and it fixed the smart content issue.i deleted my old files in the programdata/content management folder,reimported the metadata and now FINALLY i got stuff in the smart content.

Profile
 
 
   
5 of 6
5