Digital Art Zone

5 of 12
Golden Rules of Composition V1.5 UPDATE Now LIVE.
Posted: 14 March 2013 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
banditcameraman - 14 March 2013 07:20 PM
Jaderail - 12 March 2013 01:57 PM

Dang, Nice work Bandit. Looks like I’ll need to just give up Rendering and Create tools for people that can render.

Thank you so much, Jeff, I’m Jaime cheese

Don’t sell yourself short; didn’t your signature used to say that the only person you should compete with is yourself?  And there’s a bromide that observes a person who compare themselves to others will end up bitter or vain. tongue laugh

But leaving those aside, I’m a great fan of your work (especially the ones that involve Bruuna LOL ); you have a classic, cinematographic style that makes for compelling story telling grin

Enough pontificating.  You rock! wink

Best,
Jaime

BLUSH!! Head to Toe. And it’s a sad thing that Daz will not let us do Bruuna here any longer. My old school style is because I’m old. tongue laugh

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 March 2013 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  2012-11-06
Jaderail - 14 March 2013 08:18 PM
Geminii23 - 14 March 2013 07:41 PM

Ok, I think I follow you.  Here are more screen shots.  Please let me know if this helps.

Yes this will help greatly I would like just one more please With the Golden rule Selected could you pick Transforms in the Parameters Tab. That will give me the last bit of Info I should need.

Thank you So Much for the help. I’ll think of some way to thank you properly once I get this tracked down and Fixed.

Jeff

Hey Jade,

Hopefully this one is what you need.  I picked the RO_Thirds and tried scaling on the Z only this time, but I have actually tried every possible combination of parameters and can not seem to ever get the grid to display.

You have already helped everyone a lot with doing this plugin so I would feel like an opportunist for asking anything more of you.  Any help I can be to get this plugin going and ready for prime-time just say the word and I’m in.

Thanks.

Image Attachments
daz-RO_Thirds-scaled-zonly.jpg
 Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 15 March 2013 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2012-02-06
Jaderail - 14 March 2013 08:21 PM

BLUSH!! Head to Toe. And it’s a sad thing that Daz will not let us do Bruuna here any longer. My old school style is because I’m old. tongue laugh

Your headshot of Brunna is all kinds of awesome cheese  And those lips! kiss =P~  At least there’s always DA tongue laugh

I’m no spring chicken neither wink At 51 I’m older than a lot of the young’uns here LOL  And speaking of old school, I’d have to say that my greatest influence is Will Eisner, specifically from the classic The Spirit period smile

Don’t even get me started on the movie version blank stare

Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 15 March 2013 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Geminii23 - 14 March 2013 09:16 PM

Ok, I think I follow you.  Here are more screen shots.  Please let me know if this helps.

Yes this will help greatly I would like just one more please With the Golden rule Selected could you pick Transforms in the Parameters Tab. That will give me the last bit of Info I should need.

Thank you So Much for the help. I’ll think of some way to thank you properly once I get this tracked down and Fixed.

Jeff

Hey Jade,

Hopefully this one is what you need.  I picked the RO_Thirds and tried scaling on the Z only this time, but I have actually tried every possible combination of parameters and can not seem to ever get the grid to display.

You have already helped everyone a lot with doing this plugin so I would feel like an opportunist for asking anything more of you.  Any help I can be to get this plugin going and ready for prime-time just say the word and I’m in.

Thanks.

Okay, I may have Spotted an Issue. Your Z-Translate it way off the Default. As Stated in the PDF that is not a Parameter that needs touched. Only the X Scale and Z Scale are used to adjust the Overlay. If you Reset the Z-Translate to back to -100 and test it I would really like to know what you get then.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 15 March 2013 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
banditcameraman - 15 March 2013 01:11 AM
Jaderail - 14 March 2013 08:21 PM

Your headshot of Brunna is all kinds of awesome cheese  And those lips! kiss =P~  At least there’s always DA tongue laugh

I’m no spring chicken neither wink At 51 I’m older than a lot of the young’uns here LOL  And speaking of old school, I’d have to say that my greatest influence is Will Eisner, specifically from the classic The Spirit period smile

Don’t even get me started on the movie version blank stare

Hmm… Same Age (yep) and the same Influences. It’s so nice to meet another from my age with the same interests and Hobbies.

HINT: I plan some more Brunna stuff as I get time and my project needs a step or two away from it.

Signature 

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-06
Jaderail - 15 March 2013 01:33 AM
Geminii23 - 14 March 2013 09:16 PM

Jeff

Hey Jade,

Thanks.

Okay, I may have Spotted an Issue. Your Z-Translate it way off the Default. As Stated in the PDF that is not a Parameter that needs touched. Only the X Scale and Z Scale are used to adjust the Overlay. If you Reset the Z-Translate to back to -100 and test it I would really like to know what you get then.

Hey Jade,

As a test, I started a new blank scene.  Created a Camera and then loaded the Gold Rule.  I made no changes to the camera and still have the same issue.  GL_Sections and RO_Thirds do not work for me.  All others display just fine on initial camera setup and work when I change camera settings such as DOF and Focal Length.

The settings on default are: Z Translate -100, X Rotate 90, and Scale 14.8

I am on 4.5.1.56 Pro (64 Bit) and running Mac OSx 10.6.8.  My DAZ library is installed on secondary HDD and not default location.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Signature 

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 15 March 2013 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2007-08-20

This looks great!
Any way you make it backward compatible with the older versions of Studio?

Just asking.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page

My freebies on ShareCG

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-06

Hey Jade,

Here is another idea regarding this plugin.  Would it be possible to be able to add multiple instances of the Golden Rules.  For example, if I wanted to use the Spirals but on top of that have the RO_Thirds.  This might help create some really elaborate compositions.

Thanks.

Signature 

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  973
Joined  2008-04-29

Hey, Jaderail, thanks so much for this thing! I love it. I never used a gizmo like this before. I was taught in art school that composition is kind of instinctive, so I never played with compositional devices, and always waste a lot time trying to get things just right. This seems to help pull things together faster. This is one I just did for this month’s freebee contest.
grin

Image Attachments
Kays_Flea_market.jpg
 Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Geminii23 - 15 March 2013 02:07 AM

Hey Jade,

As a test, I started a new blank scene.  Created a Camera and then loaded the Gold Rule.  I made no changes to the camera and still have the same issue.  GL_Sections and RO_Thirds do not work for me.  All others display just fine on initial camera setup and work when I change camera settings such as DOF and Focal Length.

The settings on default are: Z Translate -100, X Rotate 90, and Scale 14.8

I am on 4.5.1.56 Pro (64 Bit) and running Mac OSx 10.6.8.  My DAZ library is installed on secondary HDD and not default location.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Okay so a fresh version is not showing those two textures. That’s the part I can not get my head around All the overlays are the same file type and the same sizes. If six of the eight load all 8 should load. Now I’m right back at zero with fix Ideas.

Okay you could try this. Open the zip file to a temp folder goto Runtime/Textures and open all the way to the Files themself’s. Open the two not working in any of your art programs and the RESAVE them to your HD so they are save by your PC. Then Replace those two textures in the Working (your DS Content) folder with the two you just saved. That is the only Idea I have right now.

Signature 

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
nitehawk_ltd - 15 March 2013 10:36 AM

This looks great!
Any way you make it backward compatible with the older versions of Studio?

Just asking.

An DS4.0 version is in the works but RL has slowed me Down. It will be announced in this thread when finished.
A DS3/DS3A version is planed after the DS4.0 version is finished.

Signature 

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Geminii23 - 15 March 2013 02:00 PM

Hey Jade,

Here is another idea regarding this plugin.  Would it be possible to be able to add multiple instances of the Golden Rules.  For example, if I wanted to use the Spirals but on top of that have the RO_Thirds.  This might help create some really elaborate compositions.

Thanks.

You can read minds I see. That is the Idea for the next version. But I still have to finish the DS4.0 and DS3/DS3A sets of this version before I do the next version.

Signature 

Posted: 15 March 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Luci45 - 15 March 2013 02:18 PM

Hey, Jaderail, thanks so much for this thing! I love it. I never used a gizmo like this before. I was taught in art school that composition is kind of instinctive, so I never played with compositional devices, and always waste a lot time trying to get things just right. This seems to help pull things together faster. This is one I just did for this month’s freebee contest.
grin

Your welcome Luci45. Like you I also studied Art but for me it was Commercial Art. The Rules of Composition were emphasized heavily in print medium. They have stuck with me, but as pointed out in the PDF breaking the rules can work just as well or even better depending on the image.

Signature 

Posted: 15 March 2013 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2012-02-06
Jaderail - 15 March 2013 01:36 AM

Hmm… Same Age (yep) and the same Influences. It’s so nice to meet another from my age with the same interests and Hobbies.

HINT: I plan some more Brunna stuff as I get time and my project needs a step or two away from it.

You said it cheese We can understand each other’s cultural/historical references. I get a lot of blank looks from my students raspberry

Yum!  tongue laugh looking forward to your new Bruuna stuff; something naughty came to mind immediately involving here and JGRS LOL

Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 15 March 2013 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
banditcameraman - 15 March 2013 06:58 PM

Yum!  tongue laugh looking forward to your new Bruuna stuff; something naughty came to mind immediately involving here and JGRS LOL

Your so in my head sometimes, watch your step it’s a very cluttered place. cool smile

Signature 

5 of 12