Digital Art Zone

3 of 12
Golden Rules of Composition V1.5 UPDATE Now LIVE.
Posted: 04 March 2013 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1820
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 03 March 2013 12:15 PM

You have no Idea how it makes me feel when I see people enjoying and using this. And thank you for the examples . . .

This is just a simple light’n'shadow test, but I popped your overlay on and with a little camera fiddling got:

Image Attachments
screenshot.05-03-2013_00_.14_.00_.jpgTest08b.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 05 March 2013 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2012-08-07

Thank you so much for this Jaderail. I can see this prop being used in every render. What a genius idea!

Posted: 05 March 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
KickAir 8P - 04 March 2013 11:46 PM
Jaderail - 03 March 2013 12:15 PM

You have no Idea how it makes me feel when I see people enjoying and using this. And thank you for the examples . . .

This is just a simple light’n'shadow test, but I popped your overlay on and with a little camera fiddling got:

Isn’t it nice to see a test render turn into a good render with just a little tweaking? Keep in mind that Breaking the rules just a bit will also give great renders.

bluemoon - 05 March 2013 04:42 PM

Thank you so much for this Jaderail. I can see this prop being used in every render. What a genius idea!

Your Welcome, but this is not my idea. It is just my version of an Item for DS3 that will not work in DS4.5. And mine is free unlike the item that inspired it.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 March 2013 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2012-02-06

A mini-update to Diana and Pallas Athena (current render is 3K s/p; will see how it comes out at 4K but it should be done at 5K).  Added sharpen more and Beautify in PS smile

Image Attachments
Submission_Reality_beautify_filter_smaller.png
 Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 08 March 2013 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Had to split the posts because of file size blank stare

The grid also helps in composing action scenes.  Finally doing a D&D style render raspberry and it’s much better now that I have something to help with the composition involving a lot of characters.  Two quick and dirty renders in 3Delight to check composition before adjusting everything tongue laugh LOL

Image Attachments
Against_the_giant_grid.pngAgainst_the_giant_test.png
 Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2013 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank You for the Post, to me your render still lacks focus. If the Two cross markers fell on your two outer characters heads it would work much better. Also I would work on lighting, I see a Magic effect added but no Spill light from it. A Large Point light with High settings would add much to this render IMHO.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 08 March 2013 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Oooohhh ohh  Thanks for the tip on the cross markers Jad grin

I render in Reality not 3Delight and will keep your advice in mind when I do my materials/light render tests cheese

I’m not sure if I can post it yet but I used your system (maybe not in the way that it was intended LOL ) for Neil Gaiman’s A Calendar of Tales and it was a huge help ;-)  Once again, Thank you very muchly for sharing smile

Not sure if I can post what I entered yet, but when I can I will raspberry

EDIT:  Adjusted as per your advice and it makes for much better composition tongue rolleye

Image Attachments
Against_the_Giant_Tweaked_grid.pngAgainst_the_Giant_Tweaked.png
 Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Ah, did not know the Reality part. But I so want to see the Finished version of this AND your Calender one as well. This looks so much more Dynamic now. I’m pulled into the action.

Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Thank you so much, Jad cheese  Will post the progress of Against the Giant here and as soon as I can post my entry December Tale (after the short story of the same name) I will smile  I’d like you, more than any one else, to see it wink  Especially since your Golden Rules System was instrumental helping me realize it; I don’t see how I could have done it otherwise.

Am also using JGRS (Jaderail’s Golden Rules System raspberry ) on an NDA commission so the progress on Against the Giant may be slow tongue wink

Signature 

Posted: 09 March 2013 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2008-10-19

Thank you very much for this Jaderail !!

Posted: 10 March 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Most Welcome. Hope you find it useful.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2960
Joined  2004-10-25

Hey Jade, I saw you mentioned other versions are in the works, and as I had asked in the original thread about this useful tool, I hope one of those versions is going to be for us folks using DS 4.0 Pro instead of DS 4.5 Pro.  ~she hints shyly (or is that slyly)~

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 10 March 2013 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Miss B - 10 March 2013 02:41 PM

Hey Jade, I saw you mentioned other versions are in the works, and as I had asked in the original thread about this useful tool, I hope one of those versions is going to be for us folks using DS 4.0 Pro instead of DS 4.5 Pro.  ~she hints shyly (or is that slyly)~

Still a WIP at this Time Miss B. But It should go Live very soon. And the Delay is my fault, I forgot to swap to my older DS4.0 content for testing as I went. I had to Pull it out and get it Setup.

But yes the Ds4.0 version is next.

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2960
Joined  2004-10-25
Jaderail - 10 March 2013 04:45 PM
Miss B - 10 March 2013 02:41 PM

Still a WIP at this Time Miss B. But It should go Live very soon. And the Delay is my fault, I forgot to swap to my older DS4.0 content for testing as I went. I had to Pull it out and get it Setup.

But yes the Ds4.0 version is next.

WOOT!!!  Thank you sir!  I so miss those options in DS 4.0, as I used the Camera Pointer all the time in DS 2 on the old laptop, and use it in DS 3A on this laptop.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 11 March 2013 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Using JGRS on an earlier work cheese  It’s my sentimental favorite because it was my first render that didn’t suck LOL  And it’s the one render where Reality doesn’t feel right for it.  Will see how it looks in Luxus once I figure that out tongue rolleye

Been branching out into other overlays smile and rendered the re-composed shot in 3Delight using Skies of Economy.  Noticed that the terrain needed adjusting which I did and will be evident in the next render.

Thoughts?

Edit:  Ack!  the attachments are now out of order shut eye

It should be 4, 1, 2, 3 grrr

Image Attachments
Magic_Hour_grid.pngMagic_Hour_Jaderails_System.pngMagic_Hour_Skies_of_Economy.pngThe_Magic_Hour.png
 Signature 

3 of 12