Digital Art Zone

12 of 12
Golden Rules of Composition V1.5 UPDATE Now LIVE.
Posted: 04 February 2014 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2010-12-13
Jaderail - 05 March 2013 05:31 PM

...Your Welcome, but this is not my idea. It is just my version of an Item for DS3 that will not work in DS4.5. And mine is free unlike the item that inspired it.

There was an item like this for DS3? Where, pray tell? I’m stuck on DS3 for a while yet.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 04 February 2014 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2008-10-19
Slimer_J_Spud - 04 February 2014 06:05 PM
Jaderail - 05 March 2013 05:31 PM

...Your Welcome, but this is not my idea. It is just my version of an Item for DS3 that will not work in DS4.5. And mine is free unlike the item that inspired it.

There was an item like this for DS3? Where, pray tell? I’m stuck on DS3 for a while yet.

I sent you a PM and a link ...

Posted: 05 February 2014 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2010-12-13
carrie58 - 04 February 2014 09:28 PM

I sent you a PM and a link ...

Thanks. I’ll keep that on wishlist. March Madness is not far away!

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 05 February 2014 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

LOL! You know links to items are allowed and believe me you can post it here. I do not mind. I still use DS3A and many items that are from that vendor. I wanted something like it in DS4.5 and asked about a update. The answer was no plans to do so at this time so I made my own version. Then I put it up for others to use if they wished.

I’m not going to stop work on the Improved Double overlay version that will include all the overlays from the Bryce version this one inspired. The work of the Bryce version inspired me to do much better in the new version. Once I beat these scripts into working order I have plans.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 05 February 2014 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 05 February 2014 01:28 AM

LOL! You know links to items are allowed and believe me you can post it here. I do not mind. I still use DS3A and many items that are from that vendor. I wanted something like it in DS4.5 and asked about a update. The answer was no plans to do so at this time so I made my own version. Then I put it up for others to use if they wished . . .

Dreamlight’s Camera Pointer for DS, for anyone who’s still wondering — IIRC the main problem with updating it is that all its functions except for the Camera View Composition Overlays are natively available in DS4x now, not much left to sell.  So, thanks again!

Jaderail - 05 February 2014 01:28 AM

I’m not going to stop work on the Improved Double overlay version that will include all the overlays from the Bryce version this one inspired. The work of the Bryce version inspired me to do much better in the new version. Once I beat these scripts into working order I have plans.

Looking forward to it!  Hey, has anybody here seen the pic of Sonic the Hedgehog’s head with a Golden Spiral overlaid on itbig surprise 

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 05 February 2014 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
KickAir 8P - 05 February 2014 08:36 AM

Hey, has anybody here seen the pic of Sonic the Hedgehog’s head with a Golden Spiral overlaid on itbig surprise

Hadn’t seen it before…but it doesn’t surprise me that Sonic ‘fits’ so well.  He was probably designed that way from the very beginning.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2007-06-24

Just want to add my thanks for this amazing tool. I had been trying to eyeball and use hand drawn overlays on paper (I know a little about some of the elements of composition, but not everything that was here) and this just made my life so much easier. This is great.

Thank you Jaderail for putting it together as well as fixmypcmike and Kismet2012 for linking it and bringing it to the light again smile

Signature 

Disclaimer for all opinions and advice: I am still new enough around here if I turn around too fast I squeak.

Posted: 13 February 2014 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m happy it is useful. I just got all the needed information to proceed with the new Version. I have beaten the auto size issue so overlays now adjust to the users render size at load. No more setting by hand. And the Double overlays are in the works with a better, read that as easy to use, toolbar that can be docked to your interface or float in your Viewport. Or you can still use icons from the content view. This version might go pro on me but that will depend my beta teams view.

I will be posting here for Beta testers once I get to that stage.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 10 May 2014 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2009-07-13

This is a fantastic tool thank you for making it available Jaderail

Signature 

Jay

My Gallery http://www.cornucopia3d.com/portfolios/index.php?Artist=jaywalker&sid=3b7e81d1ad990a395121f50f15ed2f5b&synch_f=1&_sid_=

My Twitter: @stopmotionman

Posted: 14 June 2014 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  852
Joined  2005-11-21

Thank you!  =)

. . .

Signature 

I am the hope of the omniverse, I am the light bulb in the darkness,
I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger,
I am the alpha and the amega, I am the terror that flaps in the night!

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 18 June 2014 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay. I have been away from this tool a long time now. For some reason I never was able to get a version, even a simple one, to function for DAZ Studio 4.0. I just can not think of what would be the error, but any rotation and the overlay just goes away. I stopped trying to develop that version and started building Version 2 of this item for DS4.5+. All went well with the new version which now used Script files and was designed to auto fit to the users render Viewport with Aspect Frame turned on. I then ran head first into a brick wall for the second overlay, not the needed plane itself that’s very doable, but the script controls themselves.

I plan to spend much of the summer months on Golden Rules Double Overlay version 2, which will have the option of single or double overlays at the users need, with the Auto match the users Viewport so no more need to set it by hand any longer and a simple set of controls either from the content folder or a user Toolbar the user can place where they like. With the DAZ Studio version of 4.6.3.50 and above DAZ 3D has already added a rule of thirds overlay to the Viewport and have hinted this may grow in the future. That in itself has prompted me to keep at my Double overlay version of DAZ Studio as was done for Bryce by the great team of Horo and David B. I’m sure it is a simple fault in my scripting skills and will focus much effort in do this new Improved version. If it comes down to writing more code than I think is needed, same code but basically used twice, so be it. I just find that a sloppy solution until I explore this deeper.

I hope there is still a use for this Tool by the community by the time I finish it one way or the other. Thanks again to all that has used this version. I will post more as more gets done and working fully to my level of expectations.

Signature 

Posted: 19 June 2014 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5713
Joined  2006-02-20

I for my part still love, love, love it!
smile

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 19 June 2014 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2012-04-13
Kerya - 19 June 2014 01:52 AM

I for my part still love, love, love it!
smile

+1

I always use it.  As soon as I load a camera I apply your Golden Rules prop.

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2014 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08

Very sad news!  downer

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 23 July 2014 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2011-08-02

Is it compatible with Atmospheric Effects Cameras for DAZ Studio ?

Signature 

12 of 12