Digital Art Zone

10 of 12
Golden Rules of Composition V1.5 UPDATE Now LIVE.
Posted: 19 April 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2003-10-09

This is really awesome, I wish there was an equivalent out there for poser.

Posted: 25 April 2013 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Major Announcement Time and I’m sorry it came to this.

After 8 weeks of trying, that’s two months of swapping DS4.0 in and out of my PC, I can not seem to get the DS4.0 version of the Golden Rules to work properly in DS4.0. I am at a loss as to what the issue is. On my Win7 64 bit OS the Mat files used to swap the overlays and the Rotate presets both have problems. For no reason I can find they will just stop functioning at random times and random uses.

I here by offer the community of DS4.0 users, I have let down, my working texture sets and any other help needed if anyone wishes to develop a version that is stable on a system other than mine.

I have Tried people but for me the BUCK Stops here. I need to just move on and stop beating my head on my keyboard.

Jeff.

EDIT: If anybody wants the files just PM me.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Really? Nobody? Um, okay… The offer still stands. Golden Rules is FREE as in do with it as you please. I’m still very NEW at this making items thing and really would love a DS4.0 user to step up and get this out for all DS4.0 users that would like it.

I know the Idea is being ported to another App at this time. But I’ll not spoil the fun and say which. I do not think it has gone live yet.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-11-06
Jaderail - 27 April 2013 07:11 PM

Really? Nobody? Um, okay… The offer still stands. Golden Rules is FREE as in do with it as you please. I’m still very NEW at this making items thing and really would love a DS4.0 user to step up and get this out for all DS4.0 users that would like it.

I know the Idea is being ported to another App at this time. But I’ll not spoil the fun and say which. I do not think it has gone live yet.

New app?  Really?!  Cool!

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 02 May 2013 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2005-06-08

Given the strong diagonal lines, Rule of Thirds might not’ve been the best choice for this one.  And I double-focused again.  red face  But the main problem with this is the lighting, I’m pretty happy with how the composition came out.  Finished version up in my deviantART gallery here.

Image Attachments
screenshot.02-05-2013_00_.28_.47_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 08 May 2013 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08

Rule of Thirds, yet again with the double focus.  red face  Finished version up in my deviantART gallery here.

Wizards’ Duel:  the Bell Toll

Image Attachments
screenshot.08-05-2013_01_.55_.02_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Posted: 08 May 2013 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

KickAir you never fail to amaze me with how you use the GR’s. Thank you for your example.

If any care to look at my Prim project so far, still working on it by the way, every image was done using the GR’s.

Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2013 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 08 May 2013 09:42 PM

If any care to look at my Prim project so far, still working on it by the way, every image was done using the GR’s.

Well-composed, if somewhat chilly.  grrr

Jaderail - 08 May 2013 09:42 PM

KickAir you never fail to amaze me with how you use the GR’s. Thank you for your example.

Thanks!  In this next one I used the Rule of Thirds grid to improve the vertical composition on a horizontally-centered subject.  Final version’s up in my dA gallery.

Image Attachments
screenshot.12-05-2013_11_.58_.57_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Posted: 17 May 2013 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08

Not the best screenshot, sorry — which one is this, Golden Sections?  Anyway, finished version up in my deviantART gallery here.

Image Attachments
PCI20130514-MidnightSilkDropBucket-Composition.jpg
 Signature 

~

Posted: 26 May 2013 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3672
Joined  2004-10-01

The Golden Rules of Composition are now available for Bryce as well. Jaderail kindly sent me the masks and I created some more. Though the Golden Rules of Composition are available in the store, they are free and are therefore priced at $0.00.

There is no required additional product necessary other than Bryce 7.1 and a program that can play mp4 movies, there are two videos, one by David Brinnen and one by myself, and a reader for pdf documents. Here is the link:

Golden Rules Composition Helpers for Bryce.

Thanks go to Jaderail for the masks and to chohole for making me aware of the Golden Rules of Composition for Studio. Without these two Moderators, there were no Golden Rules for Bryce. And thanks to DAZ 3D for hosting this free product in the store.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 26 May 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you Horo, I’m glad to have helped a little. From what I’ve seen though not many Bryce artist needed it. WINK.

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2013 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2007-09-11

Thank you so much, I can’t wait to try these!

Posted: 26 May 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3021
Joined  2004-10-25
Horo - 26 May 2013 03:24 AM

Thanks go to Jaderail for the masks and to chohole for making me aware of the Golden Rules of Composition for Studio. Without these two Moderators, there were no Golden Rules for Bryce. And thanks to DAZ 3D for hosting this free product in the store.

Thanks go to you and David for “picking up the banner” and running with it for Bryce.  Grabbed it first thing this morning.

@Jaderail - I tend to agree with you, but every tool helps, as the saying goes, especially for Bryce n00bs.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, this has Pushed me to shove aside my other projects for a bit (not going to fast anyway) and do a better updated DS4.5 4.6 version. It will include all the Overlays the Bryce version does and the Multi Overlay option as well. And I will update my files and Notes for the Third party that has shown interest in doing a DS4.0 version. With luck all versions should be Full to the Bryce standard when released. Off to the Drawing board so to speak.

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2013 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 26 May 2013 07:12 PM

Okay, this has Pushed me to shove aside my other projects for a bit (not going to fast anyway) and do a better updated DS4.5 4.6 version. It will include all the Overlays the Bryce version does and the Multi Overlay option as well . . .

Excellent work from all of you!  In the meantime I’m plugging away — below’s the composition render of my latest PCI entry, finished version up in my deviantART gallery here.

Image Attachments
PCI20130521-GR.jpg
 Signature 

~

10 of 12