Digital Art Zone

8 of 12
Golden Rules of Composition V1.5 UPDATE Now LIVE.
Posted: 29 March 2013 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-11-06

So far so good!  I was also able to apply multiple mats to one camera so I could use Rule of Thirds and a Golden Spiral at the same time with different colors!  Yah!  Thank you! Thank you!

I used your plugin for assisting with my composition on my latest piece but it is another Zombie inspired piece so most likely not appropriate for the DAZ forums.

Anyone interested can check it out here:

http://geminii23.deviantart.com/art/Predator-vs-The-Zombie-Apocalypse-362271019

Thanks Jade!  Awesome work!

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 29 March 2013 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2012-02-06
Jaderail - 28 March 2013 03:47 PM

You really don’t have that much Poke Through, I would try a Push modifier first. Then only mess with Collision if I had too. The Giant texture thing is ODD, most of the time you can see all seams when this happens instead of just one set of seams. If your Shading Rate is Below .5 already I’m not sure it can be rendered out. I get this with all Elite skin textures and .5 or lower normally fixes it right up for me. Normal maps help loads but are PITA as you know. With this lighting I would keep the glossy down but some would help.

And your so welcome Bandit. Version 2.0 is a WIP so watch the thread. Prob two to three weeks out, but I’m testing at this time.

Thanks for the tip, Jad; the push modifier works a treat grin When I try it on other objects it makes them swell up like a balloon though big surprise  Is there any way to tweak how much an Item gets pushed?

Will try rendering the Giant on his own to see if that seam thing replicates.  I’ve never touched the Shading Rate but I do seem to remember that visible seams might happen in Reality occasionally so Imma check the Reality forums for a solution smile

And it seems that not all of the settings took when I transferred so Imma going over them and will add Normal Maps to the sword handle.

Totally looking forward to v. 2.0 and here’s another instance of JGRS in use cheese  It’s for a superhero render where 2 heroes are forced to fight each other while the villians cheer.  Waiting for the next version so I can compose the bad guys using the second overlay wink

Image Attachments
Cage_Fight_1.png
 Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 31 March 2013 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2005-06-08

This is supposed to be Golden_Rules_v1.5.zip, but even with Golden Rule selected in the Scene tab I’m not getting metadata showing in Smart Content, nor did I see DAZ Studio import the metadata on startup.  I don’t use the DIM, so I merged in the My Library folder from Default_My_Library.zip, and verified that the maps in C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\textures\Golden_rules are the ones modified on 3/26 & 3/27/2013.  Anybody know what I’m doing wrong?

Aside from that works fine, so:  my first attempt using anything other than Rule of Thirds — Jaderail, thanks again!  Shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), postwork in GIMPFinished version in my deviantART gallery here.

Checking the Weather-App

Image Attachments
screenshot.31-03-2013_16_.08_.11-g1_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 31 March 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8979
Joined  2007-11-06

You need to do Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata, or else copy the .dsa file from the Support folder to “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce\Metadata” before launching DS.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 31 March 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
fixmypcmike - 31 March 2013 07:23 PM

. . . copy the .dsa file from the Support folder to “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce\Metadata” before launching DS.

That worked, thanks!

Signature 

~

Posted: 31 March 2013 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

OPPS!! I should have mentioned the NEED to Re-Import Metadata. But Mikes way is much faster.

The Image looks VERY good and I’m happy the GR is now working properly for you.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 31 March 2013 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

And to others I should tell you that I had a Power issue here at home last week and am just now REALLY sure I can use my PC without damaging it. I will pop in and get 100% caught up. I need to finish a render I’m cooking. I’m way behind on my renders, I hope you can forgive me for needing to de-stress with a bit of fun. tongue rolleye

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 31 March 2013 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2012-02-06
Jaderail - 31 March 2013 09:56 PM

And to others I should tell you that I had a Power issue here at home last week and am just now REALLY sure I can use my PC without damaging it. I will pop in and get 100% caught up. I need to finish a render I’m cooking. I’m way behind on my renders, I hope you can forgive me for needing to de-stress with a bit of fun. tongue rolleye

You more than deserve it, Jad cheese

Glad your power sitch is back and you can use the PC again smile  I’d be bouncing off the walls if that happened tongue laugh

Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 02 April 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 31 March 2013 09:48 PM

Thanks!  Glad your ‘puter problems are clearing up.

Back to Rule-of-Thirds (kinda-sorta) for this one, finished version in my deviantART gallery here.

Image Attachments
screenshot.01-04-2013_23_.26_.45_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Posted: 02 April 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
KickAir 8P - 02 April 2013 10:18 AM

Back to Rule-of-Thirds (kinda-sorta) for this one, finished version in my deviantART gallery here.

Breaking the rules is half the fun. Except that you are set for the Golden Sections the RoT works just as well. wink

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2013 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 02 April 2013 10:27 AM
KickAir 8P - 02 April 2013 10:18 AM

Breaking the rules is half the fun. Except that you are set for the Golden Sections the RoT works just as well. wink

Yeah, this should’ve been done with the Golden Sections and I tried it with that, but wasn’t happy with how it came out.  Popped in the Rule-of-Thirds mat, adjusted a bit, and there it was.  Weird, considering the point of RoT is “don’t center your subject”, but there you go.  Thanks!

Signature 

~

Posted: 02 April 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
KickAir 8P - 02 April 2013 11:17 AM

Yeah, this should’ve been done with the Golden Sections and I tried it with that, but wasn’t happy with how it came out.  Popped in the Rule-of-Thirds mat, adjusted a bit, and there it was.  Weird, considering the point of RoT is “don’t center your subject”, but there you go.  Thanks!

I’m working on Improving the Golden Sections in the Multi Overlay version. It stretches to much in this version for my taste. Testing some Scripts to auto scale each part to the Render size so that the proper aspect ratio is maintained.

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Jaderail - 02 April 2013 01:01 PM
KickAir 8P - 02 April 2013 11:17 AM

I’m working on Improving the Golden Sections in the Multi Overlay version. It stretches to much in this version for my taste. Testing some Scripts to auto scale each part to the Render size so that the proper aspect ratio is maintained.

Whoops, wasn’t trying to suggest the problem was with the tool!  Just that I tried using the GSections and couldn’t get a composition I was happy with.  When I tried with the RoT grid the composition practically snapped into place — it was a bit eerie.  big surprise

Signature 

~

Posted: 02 April 2013 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
KickAir 8P - 02 April 2013 01:11 PM

Whoops, wasn’t trying to suggest the problem was with the tool!  Just that I tried using the GSections and couldn’t get a composition I was happy with.  When I tried with the RoT grid the composition practically snapped into place — it was a bit eerie.  big surprise

You didn’t point out anything, I noticed it very early in my Testing of Version one. And as was just pointed out to me in a Skype chat I’m an A type. Little things bother me and I just have to fix them. That is one reason I fixed the Mats as much as I could for v1.5 and also why no new Animations have been posted by me in a VERY long time. red face

Signature 

Posted: 08 April 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m back at work folks, I took a week off to de-stress and relax. I should have the DS4.0 version of this finished this week.

Signature 

8 of 12